The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56067

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
I’ve got my piece in progress...now to see if I can get it done by the end of the month  :lol

Thanks to @rhombus for giving me permission to draw Taunt for this prompt :)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In case anyone is still looking for an OC to draw, it seems like McSaurus on Deviantart has asked just that very thing for his character Sparky (threehorn boy):

https://www.deviantart.com/mcsaurus/journal/Could-anyone-draw-my-OC-Sparky--809641450

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you to everyone who participated in the last fanart prompt! Had a pretty good turnout. I should hopefully have mine up later today as well. In the meantime, here's the next prompt!

Sep/Oct

One Word Prompt: Hurt/Fear

Descriptive Prompt: The world is not always a happy place. Not every adventure goes according to plan, not every person you meet has your best intentions in mind. Draw a scene which incorporates the theme of "Hurt" and/or "Fear"

Might lead to some interesting ideas. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Since we're getting close to the end of the year I figure it's time to start thinking about what prompts to have for next year. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to bring them up! Even if you don't normally participate you can still throw one out there (though I think it's fair that the people who do participate have priority when it comes down to choices in the end considering they are the ones doing the drawing). Don't be afraid of coming up with some crazy ones too as they can allow for some nice creativity (life the movie poster prompt from earlier this year)

This will be my first time organizing the prompts for the year so any help would be great!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Would you ever consider a Doofah emoji? I think it'd be the perfect companion to your Loofah emoji.
:PCera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha maybe! Though I only made the Loofah emote as an April Fools joke (I had submitted the idea for the emote contest but it only got one vote haha)

An emote prompt could be neat, but emotes are a lot simpler of a drawing since it's only the face so 2 months to draw it could be overkill (not to mention we already had the emote contest as well). Something to think about at least!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You can find more info about the emote creation in the following subforum:
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?board=64.0

I'll try to think of some prompt ideas and post them here next weekend.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like Flathead is slowly taking my place because I'm not really active on the forum anymore haha. I'm 95% certain I won't participate in the current prompt but I'll try something for the last prompt at the end of the year. I really wanted to participate in the OC prompt but my drawing motivation  is near zero these days.
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought of this idea at one point or another but never got around to it. I had the idea of making an almost comic/graphic novel style drawing. Nothing terribly long, maybe 4 to 8 frames or something.

Kinda like this:

I'll try to think of some prompt ideas and post them here next weekend.
That would be great Iris, thanks!  :DD

Looks like Flathead is slowly taking my place because I'm not really active on the forum anymore haha. I'm 95% certain I won't participate in the current prompt but I'll try something for the last prompt at the end of the year. I really wanted to participate in the OC prompt but my drawing motivation  is near zero these days.
No problem Ducky! Good to see you poking your head in every now and then at least! :smile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Ooh, I like the comic/graphic novel idea. We could do that one in the new year, perhaps?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^I concur. But yeah, if this fanart prompt challenge idea comes to fruition, someone has to do a comic starring Sharptooth and The Lone Dinosaur! :lol

Yeah, yeah. Pretty obvious and cliche, right? But still, what's a comic without a classic hero and villain combo? :yes

As an alternative, perhaps a recreation of the battle between Littlefoot's Mother and Sharptooth, but in comic book style would also be such a cool idea. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That could be an idea. It would be up to the individual that's drawing it whether they go for recreating scenes from either the movies, TV series, fanfictions , or something new on the spot. I think the idea has a large amount of versatility.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like the comic idea (although I don't like how much time that will probably take, lol)

Here's some random ideas floating through my head:

• Out of place, out of time: Create a LBT character reacting to being a very different location. A modern city? On Mars? You decide.
  • Video game mock-up: 8-bit Littlefoot? Great Valley Kart Racing? Ducky as a new Smash Bros challenger? Create a scene of what game you would like to see with LBT characters.
  • Unlikely friendship: Which two characters would likely never get along? In your imagination, they are bffs!
  • Crossover: Let your mind wander to another show. Which characters will the gang meet there?
  • Book cover: Create a book cover for your favorite book, with LBT characters! Alternatively: draw a cover for a LBT fanfic (make sure to ask the author for permission first)!
  • Villains off-duty: Sharptooth just had a lovely meal. What is he going to do in his time off? (Other villains also welcome)
  • Stuck in school: The school year has started again and Mr. Thicknose has created such interesting lessons. Draw the characters in a school situation.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, those are all pretty darn good ideas! I'm sure one or two of those will be used for next year for sure.  :)littlefoot

I've already mentioned it to you Iris, but I think since the video game one is already a form of crossover it could be included with the more generic crossover idea.

Awesome stuff though! I'll try and come up with a couple more as well.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like the comic idea :DD

Here a suggestion of mine: Imagine a cut scene from any LBT movie or episode from the tv-series.
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like there's less then a week until the official deadline for the Hurt/Fear prompt. Anyone been working on it? Stardust I know you said you were trying for this entry. How's it coming so far?

Mine still needs a good amount of work so I might have to leave it somewhat rough but we'll see. Was mostly preoccupied with other things this past so I didn't get much done.

Let me know if one of you will be needing a bit of extra time as well.  :)littlefoot

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Flathead770 rhombus: Yes please. Normally I wouldn't ask this, but is there any chance the deadline could be extended a little (and still get the medal for it)? I do have a drawing for the Hurt/Fear prompt I'd like to share, but I've been super-busy this month and I just need one more week to get it done.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 12:42:27 AM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes that's all good. In fact I've been late on numerous occasions and probably will be for this one as well. Just getting an update from people.

For future reference, there's no need to tag rhombus in this as well as I'm tentatively taking care of the fanart prompts until either Ducky or Darkwolf want to take it back over again.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile