The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 57674

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Like it!
Who lewft a scar to him? Is he the dame age as Tricia?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 05:18:01 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you guys so much for all the positive messages!

As for Sparky himself, I'm not a huge fan of his creator but the threehorn himself looks really solid and the expression is quite great as well.
I have to agree here, sadly! I do like Sparky, but don't generally like the work of its creator.

Who lewft a scar to him? Is he the dame age aas Tricia?
I'm not sure where his scar came from! But the author has portrayed him as Cera's boyfriend, so probably their age instead.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh another entry! Nice to see that you could join in on this one Iris!

I agree with others that have said that simpler can be a nice choice and it works here as well. Seems like you also went with the request of having Sparky smelling the flowers, nice!

Sparky himself is drawn quite well and the shading is nice too. I think a bit of shading on his horns and such would've helped out as they look a bit flat comparatively.

Nice job with this!  :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohh the horns! See I never even thought about shading those cus they're white. Good point though!

"Just look at the flowers, Sparky" :lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Sparky himself is drawn quite well and the shading is nice too. I think a bit of shading on his horns and such would've helped out as they look a bit flat comparatively.

Nice job with this!  :)littlefoot

Personally, I think the horns would be fine whether or not they're shaded. In fact, leaving it completely white made them stand out and it showcases the best part of a threehorn's anatomy. I like that, but I do see where you're coming from though. There's shading throughout the drawing, yet we have one tiny area that wasn't shaded, which would be a bit odd. Also, I would've thought that you would criticize the toenails for the same lack of shading, but perhaps you don't mind that, just like how I don't mind the horns.

And Mumbling, I'm interested in seeing you make more hand drawn creations rather then digital/computer made ones. You are really good at them as shown by your Sparky drawing. Keep up the good work!
:Mo

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I agree with what everyone above has said. Not only is it a good picture, there's an almost watercolor/pastel-like softness to the handdrawn coloring that would be very hard to hard to replicate digitally.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Coloured pencils suit you well :^^happy

Sparky is a familiar character but I think he looks much better in your style than in MCSaurus' style ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wanted to join in on last month's prompt. The issues with my thumb have been getting less and I have learned I can draw/edit in short bursts.

"Life is unfair"
What if the flowers came just a tad too late?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It is wonderful to see more art from you, Mumbling, and this one is quite lovely one. This is probably the kind of development that would soon follow after a demise in Littlefoot’s remaining family. The grief is very well presented here and the overall quality is very well done. However, Grandpa Longneck’s tail is weirdly outlined compared to Grandma and Littlefoot’s. And Grandma’s neck appears to stretch somewhat, making the drawing a little clumsy in appearance. But I think those are small errors that can be dismissed in contrast of the overall quality and as I really like the idea behind this one. Very well done! :yes
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:36:21 AM by Anagnos »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
The dark green background is what drew me out, however. It trains the eye on it throughout it's muted color and iris effect (the center is slightly lighter than the sides), so in one glance it seals the deal and highlights the tragedy and futility of the journey to the Land of Mists. The fact that every single color is dark except the Night Flowers vastly contrasts the hope it could've brought with the despair of reality: it really captures the meaning of "life is unfair". I like it! :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Iris here trying to make us look bad by finishing her prompt first despite thumb issues :p

It's good to see this coloured and while it is still a little rough with the line art it doesn't necessarily make it look any worse. I do agree that Grandpa longneck's tail looks a little too unnaturally straight in this drawing. The idea for the drawing is quite dark and would have been quite a dramatic turn in the sequels. Certainly very fitting for the prompt!

Awesome stuff!  :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
This is truly a heartbreaking hypothetical scenario you have drawn here Mumbling. The dark green background transitioning to a lighter shade creates the perfect "spotlight" for these mourning longnecks. The rough sketch style you imposed for this drawing was genius and it strengthened the emphasis on the hearts that were fractured in this very moment. I agree with Anagnos that the tail of Grandpa Longneck was weirdly outlined. I will also say in my opinion that his feet were also drawn weirdly, as both of them side by side were not proportionate or matching. Other than that, this is an excellent addition to the Hurt/Fear prompt. Great job! :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! I see a lot of comments about the tail, but am afraid I really don't see what's wrong with it (other than that it is a bit wobbly 'cus of the sketch outline). I have based Grandpa Longneck's pose on him lying on his side in the movie, so I can't be THAT much off, right? :lol

The feet though I can totally get behind. I had such issues drawing his legs and feet. They're definitely asymmetrical, but I'm relatively happy with the outcome due to the difficulty of the pose. Then again I'd like to say that I have no intention or desire to create anatomically perfect drawings. I'd rather convey a message, instead of working my thumb to an early grave by correcting small issues like that to an eternity. I personally really like the colors and 'style' (messy sketch) I used for this particular piece, and am much more interested in exploring alternative art styles than creating a spot-on recreation :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oof, this would be a depressing fanfic if someone decided to write this scenario. Great work there, glad your thumb is improving!
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now this would have been quite an ending for the film. :p The drawing itself looks very nice but sadly, most of the points of critique have already been made. The feel of this picture is extremely depressing and that works perfectly for a scene like this and it was a great choice. My main problem is Littlefoot's face as it doesn't seem quite normal and his eye looks weird. However, the picture is really nice as a whole so good job! :)petrie

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Decided on something a little bit more cheerful for my next piece. This is my submission for the latest fanart prompt (humanisation). Did a slight twist on the theme by putting our favorite dinosaurs in a human world celebrating a very popular holiday. Happy holidays, everyone!  :wub

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 02:11:59 PM by Mumbling »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Oh my! SO SWEET!!! ^^

Love this picture! It raised my pre-holidays spirit!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A sweet drawing indeed, Mumbling! The scene is drawn very well and the Christmasy feeling is more than clear. While I know Cera's pose has been adapted from an actual screenshot, she still looks excellent! The other characters have been drawn quite nicely too but Ducky and Littlefoot's face look a bit weird. But overall, that's a great picture!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah the digital version looks nice and I love the idea! Spike's gift...I hope it sits well with Spiketail digestive systems :p
Cera looks happy with an actual gift!
The framed picture is nice too. I feel like they'd have a picture from each of their adventures.

Speaking of the drawing, Spike, Cera, and Petrie look the best in my opinion.  I think Littlefoot might have a bit of a fat belly (something I've done in the past as well haha), though it can be hard to tell with the angle he's at.

Great job!  :)littlefoot I'll get it added to the list when I get the chance.