The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Pokemon, then Ponies, now Dinosaurs

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I added some lights and shading to my last upload. The first one seemed too flat for me, so yeah. Also was done in Photoshop.

[align=center]

Source
(for bigger version.)[/align]

Which one do you like better? I already have pros and cons for both of them. :D

Another thing: I said it's okay for me if you make a sticker out of that if you can. But I won't allow anyone to make money with it, of course. This doesn't mean I'm not trusting you guys, it's just that this is the internet and everyone can read this, registered or not. And it won't hurt to make things clear. ;)

This here is still going by the way. :D

And I'm calling it a night now. :)

RockingScorpion

Edit: 2nd page. Wohoo! :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
As I said on D-art I can't look at this without smirking.   :lol

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, after I had to choose from the many pms I got (it was one :D ) this one is a request from Ducky123.

A few words ahead: I recently watched all LBT movies and everytime when Petrie had screentime I thought his design looked always a little flat next to everyone else. Littlefoot, Cera and everyone have a lot of details but he...well. It always seemed like some extra detail in his face would do the trick.

So I wanted to try just that, and I think I did a pretty decent job. But what do you think?

So, without any more blabbering, the drawing:

[align=center]

Source
(for bigger version.)[/align]

I hope you like it as well as I do, and I also hope I met your expectations, Ducky123.

Oh, I forgot something:

[align=center]Happy April Fool's Day! :D [/align]

And don't worry, here is a preview of the actual version. I don't know when this will be finished though, I have some stress with photos right now. But I will find some time next week maybe. We'll see about that.

RockingScorpion :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hahaha!!! Good one :DD It looks a little weird but that's just the way it's meant to look like, right? :p

At least SOMEONE is fooling us on here today... usually the admins come up with something mean but this year they seemingly didn't set up anything  <_<
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dalekdino: He isn't that scary, is he? :D

Ducky123: Well then, at least one prank like you said. :D
About that weird thing...does the actual version preview also look weird to you? I could still change it at this point if you think something is off.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It doesn't look off. It just looks really funny in a weird way because Petrie looks different here which doesn't mean he looks bad :smile.
As I said, I like it and I think it's a pretty funny idea to make little amendments to his outer appearance, yep, yep, yep.

EDIT: Just realised that I haven't looked at your actual version's preview until now (it looks good) :lol I'm of course referring to the prank picture in my yesterday's post

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had this cool idea for you guys for April Foolds, but never got around to doing all the work that it entailed. :(

Oh well, hopefully I can do it next year instead  :smile
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Apr 1 2014 on  02:11 PM
Well I know what will be in my nightmares tonight.   :DD
Same here.  :yes It was a rather nice prank though and the only one that I have encountered today in the forums that I frequent.  I had considered playing a prank on my students by mentioning a possible pop quiz...  But even I'm not that evil.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
vonboy: Maybe you cann pull it off next time then. :D

rhombus: Nothing bad about a prank that scares the hell out of your students. xD

Soooo....Ducky123's request is done:

[align=center]Petrie - Portrait

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

Gee...this is the first day in a while where I could've relaxed a bit, but what do I do? I finished two drawings today, and one of them was started and finished today. I'm just not someone who could do nothing, I guess. xD

Hope you like my newest work. :)

About upcoming stuff...I don't know. I have some ideas for pixel arts (not the small icons I did for this forum, I mean complete pixel arts with shading and everything) and another pencil drawing where I combine the 3 fandoms I'm active in right now. We'll see about it, I guess.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As I already told you... this looks awesome! :lol The shading makes Petrie look sort of 3D, like a clay figure :) This kind of shading is very difficult is get when using coloured pencils so I have stuck to my old ways - ignoring the shading for I'm not capable of doing it correctly yet. Yes, that was a spoiler. I'm going to upload Petrie in that very pose, only coloured :lol

So yeah, great job RS, keep it up! (and if you're searching for good screenshots the Caption This area is a perfect source for those) ;)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 17 2014 on  06:19 PM
As I already told you... this looks awesome! :lol The shading makes Petrie look sort of 3D, like a clay figure :) This kind of shading is very difficult is get when using coloured pencils so I have stuck to my old ways - ignoring the shading for I'm not capable of doing it correctly yet. Yes, that was a spoiler. I'm going to upload Petrie in that very pose, only coloured :lol

So yeah, great job RS, keep it up! (and if you're searching for good screenshots the Caption This area is a perfect source for those) ;)
I look forward to it. Petrie's become my favorite. He's ADORABLE. This really IS very good. WAY BETTER than what I could do. I have no drawing talent, but I do with cooking, and might with writing. I've never really tried. Anyway, I also love this.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
CeraTheRed:
Thank you. :)
If you never really tried drawing, you might actually be good at it. The first drawing I ever did..let's just say that it can be a long way until you finally see yourself you got better. ;)

Oh and by the way...

Guys....

I think something is on my bed.

Or shall I say someone? :D

[align=center]

Source

I was curious if I could pull this off, and I personally think it went well. What do you think? :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
That's very cleverly done:) E.G. Part of  her foot is hidden behind the bed covers  I really like this.
If I had seen Ducky on my bed as a kid I would have been really excited.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub

Aww, she's so huggable! Love it! :lol:

Hmm, maybe I'm gonna create a coloured version of this cutie? I should! :lol

CeraTheRed: I dunno if you have checked out my art thread yet but I think you can also see me improve with every drawing, with every sketch. I thought I can't draw but I can as long as I have a reference... Just dry it out if you fancy doing some art ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dalekdino: Thank you. :D
I also pressed my hands down on the spot where Ducky is standing, because realism. If anyone is interested what you have to keep in mind when doing something like that, I made a comment about it at deviantart, under the fanart itself. ;)

Ducky123: Thanks again, and like I said, I'm looking forward to that.
And yes, improvement. I sometimes take out my older drawings and then compare then with my actual stuff and then I think: I could convince someone that 2 different persons made these. xD
That's just how it goes with drawing.

Aaaand update. Right on time for easter holiday.
 :)

[align=center]Ducky - Digitalized

[/align]

Also, because of the holiday, I made the settings so that you can grab the highest resolution available. Which is huge, you can believe me. xD
You can download that version over here: click!

Sadly I will remove the download option in 2 days, because my stuff has already been used without me agreeing to that. But I guess that should be enough time for everyone here to get it. ;)
But if you want to use my stuff, you can always ask me. Yep, I also think about stickers there, if you have the possibility. xD
I'd like to see that if anyone does it. :)
But keep in mind that a shaded version will be next, soo...you might wanna wait for that.

And yep, I think I'll try a colored version of my last fanart with this one.

One last fact: I've been very careful when doing this, and what I got out of it is that you can move the eyes around like you want. I think you could even animate her moving her eyes.
I had way too much fun with that, making her derp and stuff. xD

Hope you like it, and Happy Easter Holiday, everyone. :D

"Hey Andi! Nice to see you!"
"Well Happy Easter!"
"Well Happy Easter, too!
"What'cha doing!"
"Looking for eggs!"
"Have FUN!"
"I WILL!"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree, though I always prefer art that is not made with computers :lol But I like it very much nevertheless.

Looking forward to whatever you're up to doing next :yes

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123 and Dalek: Thanks :)
And I also prefer traditional because it's something that has become somewhat rare. But a little bit of digital stuff every now and then..why not. :D

And now a fair warning ahead: This might be cute. Maybe. xD

[align=center]Ducky - Digitalized, Shaded

[/align]

And again, biggest resolution is available over here. It won't be there forever, so better be quick. :D

I think I'll try a colored version of that "There's someone in my room" thingy with this one. Tomorrow or maybe even today, I have to see about that.

After that I have to stop myself from doing fanart. There are some photos that have to be made after all.^^

Hope you like it. :)

ps: It's hard to see with that dark background but Ducky actually casts a shadow that works on every background because it's transparent. ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
As promised:

[align=center]There is someone in my room...(colored)

Source

Which version do you prefer? This one or the other one which is b/w and has a traditional drawing? I don't think I will ever be able to decide that myself. I'm terrible at deciding stuff, no matter what. I always flip coins when I have to. xD

This has to be the last big thing for a while now, because work 'n stuff. I still will create some rough sketches sometimes. And those will be properly finished when I have the time to do that. If you want to see those versions, I will show them, too. :)

I go and see if I can add a poll to this topic, then you can vote there. If that's not possible, you can just write it in here as an answer. If you want. :)

That's it for now, until next time. :)

Oh and by the way. Ruby evolves into Chomper, I think.

Edit: I don't think I can add a poll, so...yep. Like I said, you can answer here if you want. :)

Oh, and...today's the last chance to grab the high resolution versions of my digital Ducky. ;)