The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

destinys

rosie · 14 · 1920

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What destinys would you like certain characters to have?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Would any of them (excluding Pterano) believe in such a thing as destiny?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think Pterano did at one point.  I'd guess the majority do not, though we've not seen any real evidence of anyone else believing in it.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Here is some speculation on my part:

Littlefoot: Become the leader of the dinosaurs in the valley, marry Ali, have children, and pass his wisdom on...

Cera: Eventually find a male Triceratops who can "tame" her, although even after she becomes nicer and has children, she still has some of her old "flare."

Ducky: She will become a great mother.

Spike: He will have to learn how to talk.

Petrie: He will become a secondary leader in the valley, and be Littlefoot's "eyes and ears"; in a sense, he will be the leader Pterano wanted to be, and will be respected among the pterosaurs.

Ruby: She will eventually come to live in peace in the valley with her family.

Chomper: He will have no choice but to leave the valley, but will show up on the borders to meet with old friends occasionally.

Tops: He will be known as "Old man threehorn", and will still be himself... but will be reminded not to get too worked up about every little thing by Tria.

Tria: She will still be Tops' wife and may very well have more children with him. Still the same as before in most ways.

Tricia: She will likely grow up to be like her mother.

Littlefoot's grandparents: Still alive, but barely.

Mr Thicknose: Dead.

Bron: Still the leader of his herd, visits occasionally.

Ali: Left her herd to live in the great valley with Littlefoot, has children with him, is greatly respected as the wife of the leader.

Pterano: Returns to the valley after his banishment time is up, is initially distrusted by all, redeems himself by saving Tricia, which gives him the respect of Tops, Cera and Tria.

Ducky's mother: Still alive, has children and grandchildren...

Petrie's mother: Proud of her son, and has her other children as adults by now as well.

Some future possible scenes:

- Pterano's return to the valley.

- Littlefoot's handling of his first crisis.

- Ali (now an adult) and Tria relaxing in the mud pools, talking about how Littlefoot is the new leader and how Tops has stepped down.

- Petrie rising to a position of respect among the flyers, showing him leading them in a formation.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
some of them i would rather call fanfic,

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Petrie: He will become a secondary leader in the valley, and be Littlefoot's "eyes and ears"; in a sense, he will be the leader Pterano wanted to be, and will be respected among the pterosaurs.

I dunno about that. Petrie has been shown to be a bit timid, but they are all pretty fairly young, so maybe he would get braver as he gets older.

Cera could actually place some kind of leadership role in the Great Valley, possibly. She does convince Ducky, Petrie, and Spike to follow her rather then Littlefoot in the first movie. (Though they were rather disgruntled about having to go the hard way.) She also convinces them to go to the sheltering grass in the second movie as well as chase the egg-stealers.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
But Cera is a bad leader; both times in both of the films you mentioned, she nearly gets those who chose to listen to who killed. Also, Petrie did show leadership when he changed the day of the Flyers by making it "freestyle."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's ture, but it doesn't mean that she couldn't improve with time and learn from her mistakes... Though this is Cera that we are talking about here. She can be quite stubborn.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Individualism such as that Petrie showed can at times be a leadership quality, but only if your example convinces others to follow you. This was the case with Petrie just flying the way he wanted to, but which example would he give in other situations?
In general I doubt that in terms of leadership dinosaurs of the Great Valley think in as hierarchical structures as we do.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If Littlefoot remains or moves back to the great valley he likely would be among the more primary leaders of the great valley like his grandfather is currently.  Cera may well take her father's place, but the negative effects may be less then threehorn's being one of the primary leaders.

chomperhugger

• Ruby
    • View Profile
well, i dont know what their destineys would be, but i agree some of noname's
oppinions... :)   not much to say...

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Being real here if possible Littlefoot could be destined to make love to Ali who knows.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Aug 24 2008 on  08:01 PM
But Cera is a bad leader; both times in both of the films you mentioned, she nearly gets those who chose to listen to who killed. Also, Petrie did show leadership when he changed the day of the Flyers by making it "freestyle."
Let's face it.  They're still young children.  They have a lot to learn and much growing up to do before they can be good leaders in the Great Valley :yes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Perhaps more like advisers or examples for other dinosaurs in the Great Valley. I don't think the Great Valley has a leader, I don't think the Great Valley needs a leader. Mr. Threehorns attempts in LBT 3 failed rather badly and even Littlefoot's grandfather, well respected and appreciated for his usually sensible council does not have any authority that would allow him to do anything against their outright consent or wish (which is what many cases of human hierarchies are based on).