The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

From Darkness, Into Light

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

2013. The world is much like the one we live in today, but with one difference. Instead of Humans, the world is instead populated by anthropomorphic Dinosaurs.  6 years ago, however, the world was shaken to it's very foundations due to the actions of a mysterious cult. They attempted to tear open the boundaries between worlds, and in fact, very nearly succeeded. However, before they could, a group of heroes stopped them, barely averting calamity. This tear was thought sealed, but as of recently, strange occurrences have begun to crop up again, very nearly resembling six years ago, to the few who remember those days. Strange, eye-like graffiti, missing persons...and at times, a strange, almost ghostly replica of the real world seeming to appear...

Now the heroes of the past must work together with others who seek to discover the root of this anomaly, and in doing so, prevent the world from coming to ruin once again...

Raven's Nest Offices- 5:30pm

Dante sighed, shuffling together another stack of client requests.  It had been six years since he and the others had stopped the Cult of the Eyes from reviving the being know as the "Watcher", and since then, he had stepped back from field work, opening up the office known as "Raven's Nest", a firm specializing in finding work for mercenaries and vigilantes alike.  He looked back at his desk, noticing a stack he had compiled earlier, then froze.  Adorning several of the pages were photos of graffiti found at the scenes where the crimes had happened.  Normally, he wouldn't much concern himself over such details, but this time...
The graffiti was of a single eye, the same mark as the Watcher's cultists had used...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"So it's agreed, then?" The voice from the phone inquired.

The compysognathus spread out the photos with one hand lazily. Names were written in black marker on the back of each one. Dante Starfall, Mary Lumine, Arcia Rinslet... The last picture was a group photo of all ten of the targets together.  Umbra grinned, revealing rows of small, sharp teeth. Looks like this might be more interesting than the last job... A few hours ago, a packet containing the photos had been pushed under the door of the motel room, along with a note promising a call. There was a symbol of an eye on the back of the paper. Shortly afterwards, his phone had rung. The only light spilling into the cheap motel room was that which could force its way through the grimy window from the street lamp outside. It cast a dim, orange light on Umbra as he slouched back in a rickety wooden chair, behind a well-worn desk.

"This looks important... I want two million more per head," Umbra said into the cell phone lying open on the desk, his voice a scratchy southern drawl. Over the loudspeaker, he heard the person on the other end of the line conversing with someone. He grinned again, pulling out his knife and spinning it on the end of his claw as he waited for the response.

"Very well," the voice returned eventually, "But it's very important you make sure they're dealt with. And remember... these aren't just any targets. They're..."

"Yeah, okay," Umbra interrupted, growing bored with the conversation. "Everyone goes down with a bullet in 'em. I'll call this number when the first one's dealt with. And remember what I said about the money." He hung up and leaned forwards, starting to gouge out chunks of the wooden surface absent-mindedly as he studied the pictures.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Tex opened the door to Dantes office quietly as she was certain he was going to be busy. Being sure to avoid the creaking spots in the floorboards, and not rattle the tray she was carrying, she stepped into the room, unaware that her mate was focused on the photos in front of him. As such she reached out and gently rested a hand on Dantes' shoulder and blew a soft breeze into his ear, while still balancing a tray of coffee and sandwiches on her tail.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked up, smiling at Tex as he turned and gave his mate a kiss.
"Hey, beautiful."
He chuckled, turning his chair to give her a warm, loving hug.
"Just who I needed to see."
He teased...

School Building- 05:45

Sieg smiled, packing up the rest of his things into his carrying case, snapping it smartly shut.  Running his hand through his hair, the raptor chuckled a little to himself as he made his way out of the classroom.  After the Watcher had fallen, he had taken up a position as a teacher at the same school as his beloved mate Hunter.  A few years later, Kiddo had entered the school as a student, and now he was on his way to go see the two of them so that they could go home together.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tex grinned at the kiss and sighed.
"You know you've been working for several hours now. How about a break?" she asked gently as she set the tray down.
"I put something... fun in the tea. Just for you." she said with a giggle.

________

Kiddo was sitting on the stairs of her school taking her time at eating an ice cream cone with a child like smile. She looked up expectantly as she knew her father would be leaving the school any moment.

Hunter stood next to the doors of her place of employment and smiled as she watched Kiddo enjoying her treat. "Can't wait to go home... so I can relax with you two." she said quietly.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned, tail curling around Tex's waist.
"You know you're never gonna have to drug me to get me in the mood~"
He teased...

Sieg stepped out of the school, wrapping his arms around Hunter's midsection from behind, placing a soft kiss on her neck.
"Mmm...well then, I suppose it's a good thing I got done when I did."
He whispered gently in her ear...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tex blushed at Dantes remark and sighed.
"I suppose not, but you know we're not alone here. Perhaps we should go somewhere 'quieter'?" she cooed.
She then picked up one of the cups and took a sip. "Still delicious."

~~~~~

Hunter grinned as she felt Siegs arm around her waist. She then shivered when he whispered in her ear, only to turn her head and kiss him on the nose.
"You keep that up, and I'll have to start grading your preformance." she said with a smirk.

Kiddo was still too wrapped up in her ice cream to notice her father had stepped out of the school and continued to stare at the park across the street.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante chuckled a little, standing up with a small flourish of his coat.
"Well, now...quieter....hmmm..."
He grinned, wrapping his arms around Tex's waist and kissing her deeply.
"I think right here is just fine~"
He teased softly...

Sieg grinned a little, winking at his mate.
"Well, if you were to do that, I think I might just have to reciprocate~"
He replied, using his tail to tap lightly on Kiddo's shoulder...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tex giggled and sighed.
"Well, we could although I don't think the others here will like it."
She then leaned over and kissed Dante on the hand before taking another sip of her drink. "How quiet do you think we could keep this?" she asked.

Hunter smiled lightly.
"Hmmm... I think I'd like that actually."
She then winked in return and slid her hand around his neck.

Kiddo gasped while turning around and smiled.
"Daddy!" she stood up and rushed to his side hugging his leg, making sure to keep her ice cream safe.
"Now we can go home!" she said with a squeak.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned and traced a series of soft kisses along Tex's neck.
"Mmm...that depends entirely on you, hun~"
He whispered..

Sieg grinned, kissing Hunter sweetly as he curled his tail around Kiddo.
"Yep.  Now let's get going, shall we~?"
He chuckled...