The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Species stay the same

LBT90321 · 87 · 12025

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBT90321,Jan 16 2017 on  12:31 AM
Okay but I just want an estimate time later because its already tommorow
Please respond
Goodnight Nick
I'll wait for you to come back in

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i dont have an estimate time, because i;m not sure when i will be on. it varies from day to day/. sometimes i'm on in the mornings, other times its afternoon.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 16 2017 on  12:38 AM
i dont have an estimate time, because i;m not sure when i will be on. it varies from day to day/. sometimes i'm on in the mornings, other times its afternoon.
Okay just when you have the first time please come back here
I hope there will be members here
Goodnight

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A reminder to not post so frequently, Otherwise we will have to limit and monitor your posts to keep you from continuing to post at the current rate.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 16 2017 on  12:52 AM
A reminder to not post so frequently, Otherwise we will have to limit and monitor your posts to keep you from continuing to post at the current rate.
I will stop right now and let other members post here and here if they want to join or not.
Goodnight

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm keeping an eye on your RP thread but you're trying to be boss and that's repelling me because I would like to be creative about the character(s) that I play if I were to join (unlikely at this point unless there's a good storyline to follow but I do not see any right now)

I'm also repelled by your constant begging. If you are already acting like this before the RP has started, I don't think I want to see it started because all you'd do - or so I imagine, would be asking people to post faster. That's not how a RP works, honestly. Some of the non-LBT RPs have a pretty constant posting rate of a few posts a week but LBT RPs tend to go slower here. Just thought I should mention that.

Either way, I've seen my fair share of members who made a rough start here during the 4 years I've been here. I still have hope that you can learn how to behave properly on here, so please try to listen to the things others tell you. Nick is a very experienced Rper, if he says something doesn't work the way you want it to, you can believe him that this is going to be the case, trust me.
Inactive, probably forever.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you rhombus

From Rhombus: No problem.  But for further reference you can edit your previous posts to add things to your old post (like I am doing here) instead of double-posting.  If you have any questions about how to do this then let us know and we can lead you through the process.  :)

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBT90321,Jan 16 2017 on  04:28 PM
Thank you rhombus

From Rhombus: No problem.  But for further reference you can edit your previous posts to add things to your old post (like I am doing here) instead of double-posting.  If you have any questions about how to do this then let us know and we can lead you through the process.  :)
So I have to press edit on one of my posts and it will be that?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Correct.  You go to the edit button on your previous post (if you wish to add to it) and then it will allow you to modify that previous post.  Please note that we do not want people deleting old posts in this way, but if you wish to add an update then that is okay.  For example, I often update my posts with something like this:

Update: Here is an example.

I do this by clicking on the bold button and then the underline button, and then I put in the text 'update', and then I click on the "close all tags" button, and then I add my updated text.  Feel free to try it in your previous post to see if you can get the hang of it.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So I have to press edit on one of my posts and it will be that?
Yes, if you click on that edit button, you can add further content to your posts so you don't have to write a new one when nobody has replied to you yet. Just don't delete what you've written already, that causes confusion. Doing it to change wording or correct typos is completely fine though :)

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is my final post of discussing my roleplay. It will be a Wikipedia like page

A SUDDEN CHANGE IN SPECIES
Info
Name=a sudden change in species
Starter=LBT90321
Status=story in development, waiting for more members to join

Table of contents
1.Background history production
2.Synthosis
3.Plot summary
4.Species change types for characters
5.Members joining
6.Posting release
7.Reception
8.Controversary

1.BACKGROUND HISTORY PRODUCTION
-The roleplay was started by LBT90321. LBT90321 has been a fan of Land Before Time since childhood. In 2015, he found The Gang Of Five forum online. He became interested in the GOF. He checked some roleplays made by other members like Nick22 and Threehorn. After looking through some roleplays about members changing into dinosaurs, LBT90321 had thoughts of a new roleplay that other members didn't think of:the gang being turn into the same types of dinosaurs there are.

LBT90321 joined GOF on January 13,2017 and announced the roleplay. The title was different. At first there was "Species stay the same" and "new species for a week" but the title was change because LBT90321 thought it would confuse people. Also it was going to be a week where they are the same type for each day, but it was change to 7 weeks because nick22 said if LBT90321 wanted it to be a long roleplay, it would have to be weeks instead of days. LBT90321 plans to do it with 15  members online, including himself.

2.SYNTHOSIS
The gang of seven will experience new changes.

3.PLOT SUMMARY
Once every 100 years, the Rainbow Faces choose a group of young dinosaurs to be the same type for a week. One day they choose Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ruby, and Chomper to do this. They say to them that for the next 7 weeks they will turn into the same but different types of dinosaurs of the first character. They also say that it begins at the end of the week at midnight that they will turn into 7 different types of dinosaur kids and that at the end of the 7th week they will turn back to normal. They 7 kids will try to adapt to their bodys for the next 7 weeks and learn new things in their new bodys. (Basically a week from Sunday to Saturday)

4.SPECIES CHANGE TYPES FOR CHARACTERS
At the end of the week(Saturday) midnight they will change into new types of dinosaurs and will still keep their colors
On the 1st week they will be longnecks.
On the 2nd week they will be Threehorns
On the 3rd week they will be Swimmers
On the 4th week they will be Flyers
On the 5th week they will be Spiketails
On the 6th week they will be Fast-Runners
On the 7th week they will be Sharpteeth

5.MEMBERS JOINING
so far LBT90321, Ducky123, and Nick22 have join. The roleplay is still open for others.

6.POSTING RELEASE
The roleplay is scheduled to be release in early 2017

7.RECEPTION
A sudden change in species currently has a 0% because it hasn't been made yet. Reviews will be posted after the roleplay is finished.

8.CONTROVERSALY
The roleplay may have disagreements from members because of personality change and reaction to the kid's parents

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok dude, not trying to be rude here but I been over this thread and just wanted to post my two cents.

Firstly you seem to be bit too controlling, roleplaying is meant to help express peoples storytelling from the view of their assigned character what happens to that character and their reactions is up to the person playing them to decicde.

Also you do realise sometimes it can be days, weeks or even months between posts? You can't expect for a week in the RP to be a week in real time. Some RPS I been in on other sites a day in the RP lasts a month in real time. Not because we are purposely making it slow but because members can't just sit and post all day.

You can't expect everything to go 100% your way, roleplaying is a group effort everyone adds to the story in their own way. You cannot decide what other peoples characters do.

If you really want this to go in a certain way, maybe you're better off writing a fanfiction then you can do whatever you want and not worry about others changing characters a bit.

Also 'A Sudden Change in Species' is way to close to 'A Sudden Change of Species' which would just get confusing. Maybe, "Through New Eyes"? Since they'll be seeing the world through the eyes of a different species.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Jan 18 2017 on  09:52 PM
Ok dude, not trying to be rude here but I been over this thread and just wanted to post my two cents.

Firstly you seem to be bit too controlling, roleplaying is meant to help express peoples storytelling from the view of their assigned character what happens to that character and their reactions is up to the person playing them to decicde.

Also you do realise sometimes it can be days, weeks or even months between posts? You can't expect for a week in the RP to be a week in real time. Some RPS I been in on other sites a day in the RP lasts a month in real time. Not because we are purposely making it slow but because members can't just sit and post all day.

You can't expect everything to go 100% your way, roleplaying is a group effort everyone adds to the story in their own way. You cannot decide what other peoples characters do.

If you really want this to go in a certain way, maybe you're better off writing a fanfiction then you can do whatever you want and not worry about others changing characters a bit.

Also 'A Sudden Change in Species' is way to close to 'A Sudden Change of Species' which would just get confusing. Maybe, "Through New Eyes"? Since they'll be seeing the world through the eyes of a different species.
It's meant to be new not just for me but others too.
Also it sounds and feels like role playing than fanfiction

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, sorry for not replying sooner, I was busy.

Anyway, as I've told you in my PM, I am trying to help you get this RP started, okay? However, I'm not so sure if your introductionary post up there is working. Let me try, okay?

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 19 2017 on  04:33 AM
Hey, sorry for not replying sooner, I was busy.

Anyway, as I've told you in my PM, I am trying to help you get this RP started, okay? However, I'm not so sure if your introductionary post up there is working. Let me try, okay?
At least leave the plot summary and types of changes for characters please
It wasn't easy making this Wikipedia like page

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
look, LBt you cannot be too controlling, either for ideas in the rp, or the plot. otherwise its not really a rp if you direct how everything goes.   You do that, and well its not a rpoleplay if only one person posts, its a fanfiction
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Im sorry. I'll be less controlling
But I been patient for a week and nobody has join yet
I want to be better than this

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Due to complaints and rejections from members, "A sudden change in species" is cancelled
And will not be made as roleplay
Im sorry
LBT90321

Rhombus: What are you talking about, LBT90321?  You cannot cancel a RP that you are not a member of.  The "A sudden change in species" RP has been dormant for a long time, but it has never been officially canceled. Are you actually talking about your idea for a RP in this post?