The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pokemon GO

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ahhh I was wondering why you were walking with him while community day is coming up! Good idea. I decided to go for hoppips evolution as those are more common here.

And yeah it is! Got really lucky on an egg hatch and even though I had previously evolved a 80% or so bagon I figured it was more worth to try and evolve this one... so on to the candy grind now :P

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Have you caught any 100%s yet? I've only got two, my pride and joy Rattata I caught years ago, and the more useful one was a Slakoth that's now my highest-level Pokemon. Shame he's not actually very relevant in modern meta thanks to that useless fast attack...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:51:45 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also have 2 100% Pokemon! A Stantler from an egg, which is about as useful as your ratatta, and a Swinub in the wild. I've leveled him up quite a bit and am hoping he will be meta relevant once mamoswine gets released with gen 4 :D

Edit: added links to images. Man that's a pain in the ass on mobile.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:02:11 AM by Mumbling »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I’m positive that Mamoswine is gonna rock come Gen4. I really hope they grant free backpack space like they did for Gen III. There are so many Pokémon variants now D:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I hope so too! No kidding, not sure how they will handle it when they've added all 800+ Pokemon, especially for those with a living dex who also want to collect all the different forms.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah Flathead, specifically 3 new friends. Couldve easily done this before when they introduced friends but now I'm kinda stuck.
Well that poses a problem. I only have 1 friend irl that plays the game still and I already added him haha.

Well I have the research quest for getting more friends now so here's my friend code: 1915 0732 8613 if anyone wants to add me and see my amazing mediocrity :p

So far the only Pokemon that I have with perfect IVs is a Hitmonlee. I have a few others that are close though.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Added! Are you still in Canada? I could use me some Canadian eggs :P

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
 :slap

Forgot that we were already friends, Flathead! Can't add you a second time sadly! Hoping some others chime in this topic to say hello I need friends kthxbye  :Mo

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Added! Are you still in Canada? I could use me some Canadian eggs :P
Sure am! Get ready to see the same plaque monument thing over and over for your gifts (since it's the closest stop to my house) :lol

Forgot that we were already friends, Flathead! Can't add you a second time sadly! Hoping some others chime in this topic to say hello I need friends kthxbye  :Mo
B-but how can you forget when we're on the verge of becoming Ultra Friends?  :cry :p
But yes, friends would be nice haha.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha I didn't associate the nickname with you for some reason!

Yay! Ultra friends!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just letting you guys know that I'm not being stingy on my gifts. I haven't played too much recently so I have no gifts to send. :lol

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can anyone explain this thread to me? What’s a rewards stack? Why are people losing hundreds of Pokémon?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmmm. I think this comment explains it well:
When you complete a field research that rewards you a Pokémon encounter you can flee the encounter. The Pokémon from that reward will still be “stacked” in a tab above the other field research you are working on. You just tap it and start catch whatever mons you haven’t caught in the order you claimed the tasks. There used to be no limit but now you can only have 100 there.

So basically, you get a reward pokemon catch from a quest, but instead of catching it you run away.

Now I've had that happen only accidentally, and I always went back into the battle to catch the Pokemon, so I wasn't aware you could have multiple uncaught Pokemon there. Now I guess that limit got changed and people lost those Pokemon that they couldve caught otherwise.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Ah that makes sense. That comment hadn't been posted at the time I made that post, but that definitely clears it up. Thanks!

Just had a fun run-in with a kid playing Pokemon GO. When he found out  I'd been playing since July 2016 he asked me to trade him some of my older Pokemon since they'd automatically become Lucky. Well I certainly wasn't using them, so I gave him Blastoise, my starter, in exchange for a Magmar. Hopefully he puts it to more use than I ever did. Traded him a couple others as well. It's crazy how high-level these kids are, he was level 40 and had like two dozen of every Pokemon in the current meta.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice! And yeah, it's pretty clear most kids have too much time on their hands haha!

I just did the old Pokemon trades with my mom as well. She was really happy to receive some lucky Pokemon and I got some nice ones of her as well that I want to level up all the way. Sadly I'm at my limit of 10 guaranteed ones now, boo! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ha! One of the 7k eggs I got from your gift, aabicus, finally resulted in a Tauros! I am so happy. This finally completes my Kanto dex! And I only had to encounter 3 Mr. Mime taunts before this finally happened :P yay!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That’s crazy timing cause I just hatched Kanghaskhan last night completing my Kanto dex as well! :celebrate

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile