The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My emulator collection

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thought I'd share with all of you that I have a collection of emulators for retro gaming. I have been searching high and low for the best emulators and roms (and bios if needed.) I have put out a list of system names of consoles and the emulators names. These could help you if you want to get the best and these are the ones I use.

Left is the name of the system.
Right is the name of the emulator.

Arcade --- MAME & DICE
Nintendo Entertainment System --- fceux
Super Nintendo Entertainment System --- snes9x & zsnes
Nintendo 64 --- project64
Game Boy --- VisualBoyAdvanceM
Game Boy Color --- VisualBoyAdvanceM
Game Boy Advance --- VisualBoyAdvanceM
Nintendo DS --- DeSmuME
Virtual Boy --- vbjin
Sega Genesis --- Kega Fusion
Sega Master System --- Kega Fusion
Sega Game Gear --- Kega Fusion
Sega CD --- Kega Fusion
Sega 32X --- Kega Fusion
Sega Saturn --- mednafen
Playstation --- ePSXe
TurboGrafx-16 --- Ootake
TurboGrafx-Duo --- mednafen
Atari 2600 --- Stella
Atari 5200 --- Altirra
Atari 7200 --- EMU7800
Atari Lynx --- handy
Atari Jaguar --- PhoenixEmuProject (with english patch)
ZX Spectrum --- Speccy
Intellivision --- Bliss
Colecovision --- ColEm
Commodore 64 --- Vice
Commodore Vic-20 --- Vice
Commodore Amiga --- FS-UAE
Neo Geo Pocket Color --- NeoPop
MSX --- blueMSX
Sharp X68000 --- WinX68k

I know, quite a lot. For now, I think my collection is complete. I have plenty of games and systems to play or work with.

Feel free to ask anything!

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Interesting! I have been wanting to get a good Saturn emulator to play Lunar: Magic School -being a long-time Lunar fan myself- but I haven't had much luck trying the game. I'll definitely give that emulator you mentioned a try, as I haven't even heard of it before :)

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm always happy to help, Midnight! If you need some more assistance, I'll see what I can do!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's quite the collection! I've only ever really bothered with SNES emulators (same as yours). I tried out Dolphin for GCN games since the GCN adapter for Smash 4 can work for your computer. Unfortunately my computer isn't that great so I can't play very many games. Managed to play through Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door on it though.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I couldn't get a MAME emulator to work I wish I could get it to work. What did you do to get yours to work?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jun 19 2017 on  05:24 PM
I'm always happy to help, Midnight! If you need some more assistance, I'll see what I can do!
Thanks, man! I will be sure to ask should I need it :)

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I had a Sega Genesis emulator on my computer at one time so I can play Sonic 3 and Knuckles as it was meant to be played. I once tried an SNES emulator so I can play Donkey Kong Country; but, it wouldn't work with my computer (then again, last time I tried that; I was running Windows Vista). I also tried NES emulators so I can play the original Super Mario games; but, only the Sega Genesis emulator would work.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
PlayStation 2 --- PCSX2
PlayStation Portable --- ppsspp
Wii --- Dolphin
PlayStation 3 --- RPCS3
Forever in the past.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That's quite the collection! I've only ever really bothered with SNES emulators (same as yours). I tried out Dolphin for GCN games since the GCN adapter for Smash 4 can work for your computer. Unfortunately my computer isn't that great so I can't play very many games. Managed to play through Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door on it though.

Thanks! Been searching to get these! Planning to get a new PC so I can play the new games! The only modern game on a emulator I am playing is Namco X Capcom.

I had a Sega Genesis emulator on my computer at one time so I can play Sonic 3 and Knuckles as it was meant to be played. I once tried an SNES emulator so I can play Donkey Kong Country; but, it wouldn't work with my computer (then again, last time I tried that; I was running Windows Vista). I also tried NES emulators so I can play the original Super Mario games; but, only the Sega Genesis emulator would work.

Don't worry, Littlefoot fan! I'm sure you'll find a way to get them working! I know you can do it!

PlayStation 2 --- PCSX2
PlayStation Portable --- ppsspp
Wii --- Dolphin
PlayStation 3 --- RPCS3

Nice collection, Rustam!

Woah, Playstation 3 emulator? Your computer must be able to handle such graphics!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Oops, sorry, my bad! Unfortunately, I might not be the best at helping, but I will do what I can to assist you!

To start with, I reccommend getting MAME 0.150. That's the best version and seems to be the easiest to work with.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jun 23 2017 on  05:53 PM
Oops, sorry, my bad! Unfortunately, I might not be the best at helping, but I will do what I can to assist you!

To start with, I reccommend getting MAME 0.150. That's the best version and seems to be the easiest to work with.
May I recommend giving both Kawaks and FinalBurn Alpha a try? In my experience, they are far easier to use than MAME.

Also, CB... have you ever heard of a GBA emulator called Boycott Advance? I used it way back in the day (circa 2004) and it was dreadful; didn't work at all, except with F-Zero. I wonder if it has gotten any better since.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Since I no longer have a computer, I use emulators available on the Play store:

ePSXe
ppsspp Gold
MyBoy! paid version
DraStic DS
MegaN64

I think there's an SNES emulator but I haven't tried it yet.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Since I no longer have a computer, I use emulators available on the Play store:

ePSXe
ppsspp Gold
MyBoy! paid version
DraStic DS
MegaN64

I think there's an SNES emulator but I haven't tried it yet.

Nice collection, Justin1993!

May I recommend giving both Kawaks and FinalBurn Alpha a try? In my experience, they are far easier to use than MAME.

Also, CB... have you ever heard of a GBA emulator called Boycott Advance? I used it way back in the day (circa 2004) and it was dreadful; didn't work at all, except with F-Zero. I wonder if it has gotten any better since.

Kawaks and FinalBurn Alpha? I might consider giving those arcade emulator a quick look!

Boycott Advance? Dreadful, huh? Hmm, I'll have a look it up.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Please let me know what you thought of those -especially Boycott Advance- :)

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I have now added a couple more emulators to my collection!

Nintendo Gamecube --- Dolphin
Sega Dreamcast --- nullDC
Playstation 2 --- pcsx2
Playstation Portable --- PPSSPP

They are very nice emulators! They work very well!

The emulator I am now trying to find left is Xbox.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Aug 15 2017 on  05:45 AM
The emulator I am now trying to find left is Xbox.
I found that The Emulator Zone has three of them.  Hopefully they work for you.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

AjayMeena

Here are some emulators:

1. GenPlusDroid
2. PPSSPP
3. Mame4Droid
5. MegaN64

Source: Best Xbox Emulators

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess I should talk about what I have.  Basically, thanks to spending over $400, I was able to get a Nintendo Switch that had version 3.0.0.  Now, why is this important?  It's the version you need to homebrew your Nintendo Switch. (The Homebrew Fandom is working on something for version 4.1.0, but it's proven to be difficult thus far.)

Anyways, after some digging, I was able to get the following to work quite well on the Switch.

VBANext - Game Boy,  Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance
SNES9x - Super Nintendo
FCEUMM - NES
Picodrive - Genesis, MegaDrive, Master System, 32x, Sega CD

This is how I played Metroid Fusion for the first time ever.  Very good game, though I still have a burning hatred for one boss that I shall not name.

I still have a lot of testing to do.  Right now I'm playing some NES games.

However, I will note one thing.  Saving your game is a real pain.  You have to do a few things and even then, there's no guarantee.  You can at least put the system into Sleep Mode and then pick up where you left off.  However, it would be nice to have a proper save feature.

That being said, this has worked very well so far.  The games, out of all that I've tested, run very smoothly.  The controls work as intended in the games and it's just overall great.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to finish up Adventures of Lolo 2 before moving on to Little Nemo.

See ya later! :wave