The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 374 · 39055

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
my characters name is Marita Jones.  A 25 year old Great Dane, shes gifted with computers, but unfortunately doesn't have many friends, as the roleplay goes along, that will change..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'll bite the bullet and use both characters. If it's too hard, I'll kill one of them off somehow.

Character 1: Marcus Hayton. A 38 year old, 7 foot tall doberman, Marcus is a member of 'The Purifiers' who hates implant-augmented beings, and thinks they are a disease who should be eliminated. Fast, powerful and deadly with guns.

Character 2: Axel Whent. A 21 year old rat, gifted with computers and other electricals. After sustaining injuries in a terrible car accident 4 years ago, Axel's arms and eyes were replaced by cybernetic technology, and his face remains horribly scarred. His implanted eyes give him a unique view into the workings of any electrical equipment, furthering his abilities and allowing him to hack with ease. Extremely shy, only opens up to close friends.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Name: Soren Almaya

Species: Human

Augmentations: Homemade powered exoskeleton that grants him super strength as well as a degree of protection from gunfire and other hazards.

Appearance: Medium build. Brown eyes, black hair, tan skin, almost always dresses casually. Wears a set of glasses that have augmented reality capabilities as well as ability to zoom and see in infrared.

Biography: A cyberneticist by day, but an avid tinkerer by night. He makes his living repairing and modifying external augmentations like artificial limbs. Ironically, despite being so intimately familiar with augments, he refuses to get one himself as he is afraid of surgery.

He had heard of "The Purifiers" before, but he dismissed them as obnoxious cranks. That all changed when his workshop was looted and everything in it destroyed. He immediately knew who was guilty thanks to the cracked gear emblem scrawled on the wall.

--------

Name: Aaron Geasbrecht

Species: German Shepherd

Augmentations: None

Appearance: A tall and very solidly built German Shepherd. He has brown eyes and tan fur. Almost always dresses in flannel and blue jeans.

Biography: A former construction worker who had his job replaced by an augmented person. Despite protests, he was let go. It was this moment that he felt resentment towards the augmented, feeling that they were taking jobs from honest, hardworking unaugmented beings. What finally drove him over the edge was that his own son had announced that he was going for augmentation surgery. Fuming, he severed all ties with him. Later that night, he read an article about a anti-augmentation protest by "The Purifiers". This eventually leads him into the ranks of this organization.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name: Adrian Kibagami

Species: Red Fox

Augmentations: Biomechanical Left Arm, Right eye covered by Optical Augment, Neural Augmentations

Appearance:  Dark Red (almost black) fur over most of his body.  White accents over his hands and chest, as well as the tip of his tail.  Slim build, with a shock of vibrant red hair that covers his right eye.  

Biography:  Adrian worked as a detective for a time, until he lost an arm and part of his eye in an incident that also cost innocent people their lives.  For a time, he fell into despair and regret, but now has begun to act as a vigilante, starting to act to defuse situations, many of which involve the Purifiers...

Notes: Eye augment is capable of seeing across multiple spectrums, including IR and Electromagnetic.  
Neural Augmentations are able to enhance his reflexes, enabling him to easily dodge or counter nearly anything, though it strains him.  
Carries a Hyper-Vibrational sword in a case that resembles an instrument case.  Sword design is akin to a massive rapier.
Skilled Free-Runner.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Name: Lily (though she doesn't know this)
Species: Human
Faction: Fugitive
Equipment: Tattered gray dress, hiking boots, nothing else
Description: Dark-skinned, with straight black hair and brown eyes.
Personality: At the moment, she is incredibly paranoid and confused. Just trying to survive to the next day.
Backstory: Lily woke up in a field, having no memory of who she is or how she got there. Several close encounters quickly taught her that the police are currently undergoing a massive manhunt for her, and her only goal at the moment is to escape the country. But she doesn't even know where she is or why they want her.

-------------------------

Name: Emilena Echo
Species: Anthro Fox
Faction: Purifiers
Weapons: Heirloom Katana, basic police equipment (handcuffs, tazer, nightstick, flashlight, pepper spray). Katana is the only lethal weapon she carries.
Description: Lena has snow-White fur, with black markings on her arms and tail. Long Red hair, tied in a loose ponytail with a black ribbon. Wears a standard issue police uniform with woven titanium fibers for protection.
Personality: Extremely uptight, nicknamed "Analena" by her fellow officers, she has seemingly no sense of humor and a well-known repulsion for sexuality.
Brief History: Emilena was an orphan, the fifth who volunteered for a controversial "growth acceleration" process, designed to cut down on homeless children by rapidly aging them to adulthood. Her personality is common for those who underwent the procedure, though her asexuality is not. She is currently on probation after inexplicably burning down the orphanage she once lived in, leaving her past records lost to time.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All right! Let's get ready to roll!

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm ready to go. start us off serris..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So my goal with Emilena is to get her badge revoked by pissing off her superiors, but she chooses to go rogue and wage a one-woman war against Augments, starting with Mr. Almaya. Without police contacts, this will force her to trust someone she never would normally...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well you're doing a good job with that lBT, the disdain and self-righteousness just drips from the posts when shes talking..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just as a heads up, I'm on the trip home from France today, so I might not be able to post as much in the rp during today.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
an idea to start building the team of oddballs
 echo might considered grabbing marita and forcing her to help her nab soren in order to save her job.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking Axel might see Lily stumbling out of the woods and decide to help her. Maybe in the morning he might bring her to Soren for help.

echo might considered grabbing marita and forcing her to help her nab soren in order to save her job.
Since Axel would probably be helping Soren, there could be a situation where our two hackers are going against each other?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Both ideas work.

I'll have Lily stumble into town on my next post.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
looking forward to it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool. This RP's looking really interesting now  :D

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ooh, this is gonna be good!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You may count me in.

As always, I'll use Hania Enapay. A 19 year old male Jaguar.

I may take on the role of another character depending on how the RP plays out.