The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky's music features

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In this thread, you will see more or less regular music features from me now. I just love to discover new music and, seeing some people do it on DeviantArt recently, I just felt like setting a similar thing up both here and on there with the hope that others might enjoy discovering the music that I love listening to :)

There won't be a schedule but I'll probably try to group music from a similar genre (or feature a single artist too, possibly). I'm trying to do at least 1-2 per month.

Expect the first feature later today as I'm just listening to the videos again :p

PS: If you want to do a similar feature, you are more than welcome to use my thread too :yes Discussion about the featured music itself is welcomed as well of course ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome but let's make sure the songs are clean and don't have swearing in them. Since there's no swearing allowed on this forum.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This would be pretty cool!

At first glance, I feel it would be nice to sort the music in this thread by genre and subgenre as appropriate. This would:

1) Help people find music they're more likely to enjoy

2) Help people understand what they're listening to so they can maybe find more and

3) Save people time by helping them skip over music they're not likely interested in.

I don't know about you but if I just saw a giant un-organized list of music links, I'm not too likely to bother going through them all one by one. :p

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would I'd listen to some of them atleast. I'm pretty picky about music and songs. It's gotta be the right song if I'm gonna listen all the way through.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Sorry for taking so long, stuff got... inbetween :p)

In the first feature, I will show you a few videos of awesome people who put together some of the best songs. The genre of these videos isn't all the same but rather similar I think.

Let's start with the following video.

1. TOP 10 - BEST UPLIFTING TRANCE SONGS EVER MADE

I think the title of the video is definitely a fitting choice. Uplifting Trance is a genre I love because it is both melodic and energising at the same time. The music is mostly instrumental but lyrics are supporting the songs sometimes. This video here features some of the best uplifting trance songs... and I'll admit I didn't know most of them when I discovered it :p

My favourite song has to be the fifth though!

2. 2 Hours of Dark Fantasy Trance

What I really like about this collection of songs: It's instrumental music with great melodies and very slow transitions. It has a sort of relaxing effect on me yet it is somewhat upbeat and works very well as background music for studying or gaming imo.

3. Feeling Happy - Best Of Vocal Deep House Music Chill Out - Mix By Regard #29

This is a pretty cool deep house mix that works perfectly as chillout music for me. Great choice of songs I must say which is why I'm featuring this one.

4. Electro & House 2012 Sunset Mix
Electro & House 2012 Sunset Mix

This video is a reupload of a mix I used to love listening to back in the old days. Guess how happy I was to see it back online after more than two years of waiting :p

Anyway, this video mixes a lot of amazing songs of the progressive house genre (I think). Simply a wonderful mix, giving me a very similar feeling as #2 with the exception that this one is rather based on vocals than instrumentals

5. Best Vocal Deep House Mix | January 2017
Best Vocal Deep House Mix | January 2017

This one, again, is similar in style to #3 so I won't say more about it other than that it also has a really great choice of songs imo.

6 and last: ♫ Best Uplifting Trance Mix - All Time Favourites #1 ♫
♫ Best Uplifting Trance Mix - All Time Favourites #1 ♫
Finally, have another great mix of some of the best uplifting trance songs.

As you can see, I prefer electronical music but I also, occasionally, like rock/metal stuff too, it just depends on the rock itself in many cases. Either way, I tend to prefer the harder stuff of each direction though mostly staying away from the extreme stuff :smile

More to come, the next feature will feature completely different music, stay tuned and sorry for taking so long again.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This would be pretty cool!

At first glance, I feel it would be nice to sort the music in this thread by genre and subgenre as appropriate. This would:

1) Help people find music they're more likely to enjoy

2) Help people understand what they're listening to so they can maybe find more and

3) Save people time by helping them skip over music they're not likely interested in.

I don't know about you but if I just saw a giant un-organized list of music links, I'm not too likely to bother going through them all one by one. dino_tongue.gif

Hey action, good suggestions. I'm always adding a short description to the links I'm posting, including information about the genre if I know it at least. I'm no expert on music genres but I'm trying my best. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*dusts the thread*

Ahem, I guess here's another feature :p I intend to do 2 or 3 this week since I'm currently listening my way through some YouTube playlists I haven't listened to in too long!!!

Anyway, today I will feature a single artist and her songs and talent. I will show you the incredible Elena Hasna, a 15 yrs old singer from Romania who has won a popular casting show over there some years ago. I'll share 10 videos of her performing with her incredibly powerful voice already at a young age. But before I start, here are the links to her facebook page as well as her youtube page from where I'll choose my favourite videos of her. I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear she's singing much better than many "famous" singers we hear in the radio every day ;)

Already at a young age, Elena had a very strong and powerful voice. Besides, it was pretty clear already back then that she loved performing on stage :)
Elena Beatrice Hasna - Un albastru infinit
This is one of her first videos on her channel which I choose as a sort of introduction as well as to show one of her early videos. She surely sings good in this and it gets much more impressive!

Elena Hasna- Romania
Here, we get a first glimpse at her amazing voice and the emotion she can put into her singing at such a young age. Really impressive! Also, this song is so wonderful, is this the romanian national anthem? I may be a bit biased because I've never heard it from another artist but... wow what a beautiful song :)

The next three songs are all studio recordings (I think). If you're not convinced of her talent by now, I bet you'll be after these three powerful songs! I get goosebumps everytime  :blink: ^^spike

Elena Hasna - Je suis malade
Just... wow.
Elena Hasna - Je t'aime
Elena Hasna - Je t'aime
Them goosebumps... I swear it's not even cold in my room  :p
Elena Hasna - Caruso
Yet again, wow... Elena should be 12 in these videos and she's singing these incredibly difficult songs with such emotion and power. Wish I knew what she's singing about in these songs since I don't know the language that is sung here. Oh, and in case you don't believe she really sang like that, check out the videos of her singing these songs live on stage!  :exactly Actually, here's
here's the video of her singing "Je suis malade" in the casting show. Not sure if it's her first audition or if she's already been there before. I don't have romanian tv mind you ;) She won that one anyway ^^

Elena Hasna - Broken Vow
This is another wonderful song and she's nailing it! Elena seems to be a fan of Lara Fabian, huh? ^^spike

Elena Hasna - Suus
Maybe someone recognizes this song? I only just noticed it myself, it's been sung by Albania in the Eurovision Song Contest a few years ago. I don't remember the performance of th eoroginal singer but Elena... hell yeah what a voice! Also watch her emotions as she sings...  :wow

Elena Hasna & Marcel Pavel - The Prayer
Elena Hasna & Marcel Pavel - The Prayer (song is played twice for whatever reason...) I just love this song, there are only two versions of it I ever heard that were even cooler than this rendition, and part of this is that the male singer isn't the best here. If everything goes according to plan, you'll hear this song again this week ;) Elena's a bit older here btw...

Elena Hasna 'Undo' LIVE
Elena Hasna 'Undo' LIVE
Another song from the ESC (Sweden). Her rendition isn't perfect but it's still impressive, probably didn't get to warm up her voice during this tv show (that's my best guess anyway... I know I sing horrible when I'm not warmed up but once my voice is used to the singing, I usually hit the right notes :p)

Elena Hasna - Dear future husband - LIVE
She can also sing pop songs btw :smile

This girl has a great future, I can tell you that already. It's not a question if but when she'll start releasing her own songs. I wouldn't be surprised to see her perform at the ESC one day too :)

The next feature will also be a child singer who's at least as impressive as Elena... you'll see in a couple days if I don't forget :p