The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Wii 2" Codenamed "Project Cafe"

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(check your pm.)

The reason I would doubt some of these planned features is because we've already seen companies (including Nintendo) drop some cool features before for their systems.
Can we please withhold the naysaying until we know more about this upcoming Codename Wii 2?
No. It's just a part of being a consumer. There is no written law that states I can't be like "the n64 will be a cartridge system and therefore will fail (16 years ago)" or "nintendo is leaving hardcore gamers behind(7 years ago)" or even "sony is freaking retarded if they think i'll pay that much for a system" before launch.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I never said there was a law, but we know nearly nothing about the system. Actually, naysaying is not a part of being a consumer. I'm willing to just wait and see how it turns out before I put it down.
Forget the whole damn thing...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I'm sure the Wii 2 will be HD-compatible.

It would be great if Wii and even GameCube Discs are supported, so you can sell your old systems and the price of the new system will be narrowed.

However, I'm afraid the new console WILL be expensive because Nintendo has to keep pace with the technology of Sony and Microsoft.
The 3DS is also very expensive, so I'm sure the new console will cost up to twice as much.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
A controller with a touchscreen?

Sure sounds awesome but the number one thing i'm worried about it is the price. 3DS is $250 (i still havent got one because of that price). Hopefully Nintendo makes alot of good Donkey kong games for it  :yes .

I wonder how small it would be if Wii 2 would use cartriges? look at how small DS carts are.