The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 57869

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

hmm.. yeah..

The legs, always the legs!

Next littlefoot will be sitting or laying down  :lol

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, there is always a tricky thing in anything we do :DD . But I must admit your work here looks very cute.
 Maybe you can practice the legs in a separate model?, maybe you can get it to look the way you like the most and then you can use it as a pattern?
 Keep it up!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very cute.  Looks like a young Littlefoot, a cute one.  You going to focus on making more Littlefoots or eventually other characters eventually?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow, that’s nice! :! (That was my actual, softly voiced reaction when I first saw those pictures.) That’s a fantastic standing pose! Also, good job having his tail held off the ground. :yes And actually the legs aren’t half bad. Obviously the feet are a little big (Littlefoot’s toes don’t stick out that far), but it must not be easy to mold a tiny claw figure in a properly supported standing position. The main thing I would change is his mouth, which is very small and oddly shaped (Again, it’s an understandable flaw, considering the scale you’re working with). Also, he has no ears (though scientifically that’s not much of a mistake :p).

The eyes are really great! I didn’t mention this with the Cera model, but you do an amazing job putting all the details into the eyes: not just the whites and the pupils, but the irises and even the little reflections in the pupils. :wow (Considering the size of the models, I can’t imagine how tiny those must be. :o) And even though they’re a little bit uneven, I like the nostrils a lot, too. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Your drawing and sculpting is just amazing.  I am so jealous of the skill and talent you have.  Seriously, you are really good at this.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you. I like the eyes myself Pangaea! The white little reflection on littlefoot's eye is about half the size as the one on Cera  :lol Take two hairs and put them next to each other, about that big.

This time I made a 'flat' Littlefoot. For your question Kor, I want to focus on other characters also, but I first want to get at least 1 Littlefoot right. Anyway, for this littlefoot I took pictures of the progress.

And the final product... Will be added tomorrow since it is too dark now to take a picture with some decent lighting :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 6 2010 on  01:45 PM
Thank you. I like the eyes myself Pangaea! The white little reflection on littlefoot's eye is about half the size as the one on Cera  :lol Take two hairs and put them next to each other, about that big.
Whoa! :blink: Even tinier than I imagined! :wow

I love it that you’re showing us the steps in the process as you’re making one of these models. You should do this more often; it’s very interesting. :yes

The Littlefoot looks great so far! :yes That’s a really clever and well-thought-out way of putting the model together. You might want to make the smile a little wider, so that it extends all the way to the edges of the pale part of his face. Even if it’s too late to add any more red, you could maybe cut a curved slit up to the side of his cheek. Also, you might want to think about adjusting the right eyebrow (the viewer’s right) a little bit; it looks to have become a bit misshapen.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The eyebrow does not look as bad in real as on the picture :) It looks like it has been bend, indeed :p I agree that the mouth could have been wider. Next time I should ask for advice before baking it, haha.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
From the process, it looks like Littlefoot was made from chocolate!  Yummy! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like Littlefoot has been playing in some mud.   :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now you made me feel like eating chocolate, Pokeplayer ^^ By the way I do have a color called chocolate for my clay pieces but it was a littlebit too dark, therefore I choose the color hazelnut and merged it with Tan to get his color.

Here is the finished model. The picture was taken with a flash, so it is kind of reflecting. I have put a layer of varnish on it to finish the piece.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That looks like a very well done piece.  Congradulations.  Plan on making more?  And if so of other characters or just Littlefoot?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This looks great! You’re right; the eyebrow is in much better shape than it looked in the other photo. :yes It doesn’t quite connect to the upper part of Littlefoot’s cheek as the other does, and there looks to be a bit of brown on the eye itself, but other than that, the model is incredibly symmetrical! And it doesn’t look overly two-dimensional, either; it’s just right! :DD It reminds me a lot of one of those promotional plastic spoons with cartoon characters’ heads on the end of the handles they used to distribute in cereal boxes. (Do they still do that? :unsure:) Your clay Littlefoot would be a great model for one of those. :yes How big is it, by the way?

I guess Littlefoot can’t argue if Petrie decides to call him “Flathead” again! :p :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess Littlefoot can’t argue if Petrie decides to call him “Flathead” again! dino_tongue.gif dino_laugh.gif
lol!

From the top of the head to the bottom of the neck a bout 6cm, convert it for yourself :p

Yeah more people said it reminded them of a spoon ^^

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 8 2010 on  12:14 AM
I guess Littlefoot can’t argue if Petrie decides to call him “Flathead” again! :p :lol
lol!
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with that joke. :smile It's one of my better ones.

From the top of the head to the bottom of the neck a bout 6cm, convert it for yourself :p
Hmm . . . about 2.2 inches. :p (Wow! Somehow I imagined it as being about twice that size! :o In case I haven't stated the obvious already, you're really good with miniatures!)

So, what are you planning to make next? :) Are you going to show us the process again?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have no idea what I want to make next. Probably petrie ;) Suggestions for him are welcome.

Sure I can show the progress again :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Walking with dog is good, you find feathers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very cute indeed.  Littlefoot hatching.  Thanks for sharing.  You are a creative person indeed.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
How large is the feather?
Because the picture of Littlefoot looks incredibly detailed.  :yes