The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The Great Log Running Game

Noname · 30 · 9071

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I thought it was good, but we missed something that happened in the twelth movie. It appears that Tricia's birth may have made "Topsy" become less harsh and more tolerant (he's definitely changed since the first movie.) Also, I wondered what would happen if a character got injured in some way... although this injury is much more slight than I had in mind.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I thought it was a boring episode. It seemed like filler - nothing really happened. There wasn't a lot of character development. No huge event that happened. Just the gang running on logs for 22 minutes. It's nice to know that the gang can actually get injured. I kind of miss the days when there was actual violence, too (Doc vs. T. Rex, Chomper's parents vs. the Giganotosaurus, Littlefoot's mom vs. T. Rex)...and I didn't really like how Cera's ankle was instantly healed, either. I did notice that Cera's dad was far less harsh than in the movies. I hope he doesn't stay that way.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know... not much happened. Still, one can't expect there to be a major event for all 26 episodes (in the first season, anyway.)

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
That's true...but I would like it if things weren't solved over the course of an episode.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was an ok one. There wasn't really anything going on except the log running game. And for the first time, we see one of the little dinos get injured! I think this calls for a toast :lol

And of course one of the gang is in danger right towards the end. I thought it was weird the way Topsy couldn't even budge the big boulder on his own, but when Littlefoot and Spike helped him, the thing easily tipped. I mean come on :p

Also, I noticed too that Topsy has softened up alot, heh.

And I agree with your last post Ratiasu. It would be better if there was a large journey that extended over the course of about 4 episodes or so.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
-toasts- Hurrah for injury!

...Ahem. In any case, I wondered about the boulder thing, too. I thought it was strange that that happened...and that Mr. Threehorn (I refuse to call him Topsy) could bash his head straight into the thing without getting one of his brow horns snapped.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Isn't it strange that we should cheer injury?  Maybe if we're "lucky", someone will break a bone; remember, at least some, (if not all) dinosaurs had hollow bones. Actually, that could make for good drama; it's something that they would have for at least several episodes and would make any task harder, thus increasing the odds without having to come up with a coincidential situation. Chances are, we probably won't see another injury for a while, if at all.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Isn't it strange that we should cheer injury?

Heh, yea I know, it was kind of a joke :p

Yea that would make for an interesting twist if one of the gang was injured severely.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I noted that what was used to help heal Cera's ankle was treestars.  Littlefoot's mother did say that treestars were very special.  For quite some time, we only saw them as a food source to help Littlefoot and the gang grow strong.

But who knew that they could speed the healing process of certian injuries?

I think by itself, Cera's ankle would've taken at least two eps to heal.  We knew them to be special, we just didn't know how special they truly were. :)

And Action, expect the new songs sent to you by tomorrow morning.  I'm having trouble figuring out the titles of these, "just there" songs. <_<

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think the leaves healed anything; Cera's ankle is still hurt later in the episode. I guess the leaves acted as an ersatz bandage... or something. I don't know. The animators must have had a hard time trying to show a sign of injury. Note that we see leaves over Ducky and Spike in the sixth movie; after they were stung by bees.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure there are certain degrees to how bad you can sprain your ankle. Her's could've just healed right away.

I don't really believe the leaves healed anything. Unless there's literally some magical force inside the treestars, it's not really possible. But it's still cool to think about :p

Mr. Threehorn (I refuse to call him Topsy)
Heh, I was actually wondering why everyone just started calling him Topsy. Tria's really the only one that does call him that, but he's just so much better known as Mr. Treehorn. Topsy just doesn't sound right.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
An old healing process consists of gathering some leaves and rubbing them on a wound, never seen it applied to an ankle injury.
I agree, with the idea of some big event taking up multiple episodes, I believe this will happen, in most series there are at least 2 or 3 major events that take more than one episode per season. Speaking of which, do you believe that land before time series will have more seasons?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't see why there woulden't be more than one season, especially if the series has a good deal of viewers. It seems that Universal is optimistic about it, especiallyin ligh tof their recently redone website.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think there will be more seasons, especially, as Noname pointed out, because they took to the time to re-do the website. But for some reason I expected there to be an entirely different website for the TV series.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Jan 29 2007 on  10:13 AM
I don't think the leaves healed anything; Cera's ankle is still hurt later in the episode. I guess the leaves acted as an ersatz bandage... or something. I don't know. The animators must have had a hard time trying to show a sign of injury. Note that we see leaves over Ducky and Spike in the sixth movie; after they were stung by bees.
I shall counter this easily with two special notes.

1.  Spike had to assist her back home.  He used his tail as a crutch for Cera's ankle.  This indicates that her ankle was so badly damaged, it hurt move it even the slightest.

2.  Mud was applied to her ankle to keep the treestars where they were applied.  This indicates that mud was used as a bandage.  The treestars were just applied there, they weren't wrapped around the wounded area like that of Ducky and Spike.

With this information, we see that the treestars actually did help in quite a unique way.

Besides this, why else would Tria say, "These will ease the pain." when she applied them?

Oh look!  A third point that I forgot about until now.  Hee! :p

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Jan 28 2007 on  01:51 PM
I thought it was a boring episode. It seemed like filler - nothing really happened.
Totally agree! The episode with the lava is my fave so far.  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think at least 1 of them is the Canyon of Shiny Stones.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Cool, then that one's next on my "to-watch" list. Thanks Kor!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked how Cera's little sister wound up being better at swimming then Cera is.   :lol