The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[VO] Voice-over Main Discussion Topic

Ducky123 · 178 · 34765

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I might be down for trying to voice Littlefoot in any parts where you might need that. My natural voice actually kinda sounds like him, I kid you not :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At this point, I'd like to welcome anyone to send in some recordings, so feel free to send something my way LF505! ^^

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do remember that you once created some tracks without the voices back then but do we have a script of all the dialogue somewhere?
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just want to bump this in case anyone feels like recording themselves this week. Still looking forward to any submissions at all to get some editing done soon ;)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Which characters are still available? I could take a crack at somebody. Voice-Acting protfolio

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At this point, pretty much everyone. I've recorded all lines for Mother, but I assume you weren't going for that anyway :D Check the first post to see who has expressed interest in which character. But until people actually start sending me some more lines, there's nothing I can do. I believe Rooter hasn't been picked at all as of yet.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sweet, I'm swamped with work at the moment, but I'll put this on my calendar for May. BTW, everyone who signed up in 2014 should be dumped, they're not gonna follow through

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah maybe, some have still expressed interest by email but have yet to return to the forum. Awesome that you are joining in, aabicus!

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Hey, sorry for the long absence! I'll try to get some work done on this as soon as I can :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Well, since Mumbling brought me here, I think I'd express some interest in trying out for Petrie. I have a very good microphone. All I need is to get to have the bedroom to myself for a few minutes so that no one thinks I'm going crazy! :P
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds good! The script is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n9Lb5eAjHI7sSLEoIWH3ck69h4fDFeP_WMIwS1WZ6BA/edit and you can send the recordings to thelionqueen@live.nl (my email address) when you've got something, so I can edit you into the scenes :D

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll record the lines as soon as I can! ;)

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've completed my audition for Petrie. I recorded every single one of his lines (and those noises)! Is there an alternative method I can send you my audio file? I don't use live.nl. I'm a Gmail user.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've completed my audition for Petrie. I recorded every single one of his lines (and those noises)! Is there an alternative method I can send you my audio file? I don't use live.nl. I'm a Gmail user.
You should still be able to send me a message, right? Or are the files too big? :) anyway I also have a gmail: claydoodles@gmail.com

Edit: Oh yeah I see you're trying to send me the file through Google Drive. Granting access to the above email address will fix things :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:19:01 AM by Mumbling »

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to composing emails. :sducky

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Diddy, these are great! I'll try to work them into the video sometime soon to show them off to everyone else here.

Edit: Here's a quick sample! Helps that you basically have everything properly aligned, thanks for that! I'd be 100% cool with you having the role of Petrie!

https://vimeo.com/344170888
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 03:48:55 PM by Mumbling »

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Uh, ... w-wow! Me no know what to say! :)petrie LOL!

Now that I've listened to this, I think it's really the first time I've actually felt confident about my voice acting. I was clearly aiming more towards Jeff Bennett than Will Ryan. I had gotten so used to Jeff's Petrie that I had just about forgotten about most of those noises Will's Petrie would make while I was listening to the surround sound track, and also because a friend of mine confided in that he didn't really like Will's voice because he thought it made Petrie sound too old, so I thought I'd go for making him sound as young as he should have sounded. Now that I think about all those original Petrie noises, it makes me look at the original Petrie a bit ... differently than before. No wonder I portray him in my fanfics as not liking to remember his flightless early childhood.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm completely flattered! Thanks for letting me be a part of this project!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
*biggest thumb up and applauses*
I got sea of positive!!!

Geat job!