The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When Was The Last Time You......

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Today. Thankfully I don't feel as bad now. :(

When was the last time you felt really energetic?

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I felt quite energetic yesterday.  For some reason on Mondays I either feel psyched up and ready to face the week or else I feel tired and relatively unmotivated.

When was the last time that you read a book for enjoyment?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quite recently - I started reading Sense and Sensibility :DD
... well now I have to pick it up again to finish it

When was the last time you ate a PB&J? (Sorry, I'm really hungry right now, and all I can think of is food!)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, it's actually been several months. :wow I think I'm going to have to buy some peanut butter and jelly to remedy that. :lol:

When was the last time you fell down in front of people?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A couple of years ago.  The chair of my department and I was carrying a handful of exams from one end of the campus courtyard to another when we were attacked by a pair of mocking birds.  As I was attempting to scare off the mocking birds (apparently we were too close to there nest) I neglected to look where I was going and I tripped down the stairs.  The chair of my department thought that it was hilarious, although I was not as amused.

When was the last time that the went an entire day without sleeping?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This weekend, during an anime convention.  Great experience, aside from the combined hangover/sleep deprivation thing.

WwTLTY... Fell asleep in an embarrassing place?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was taking a class one summer semester and I'd gotten up at three am that day so I was already tired; coupled with the fact I was learning about Childhood Theory sort of encouraged me to nod off.
And get this - I even tried to take notes while I was'paying attention', most of which were just scribbles.
My teacher finally called me out and said. "Okay! Let's start talking ro being loud for Strut's benefit here!" XDD

WwTLTY... sang in the car with the windows down? ... and cruise... XD
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't drive a car, but I have sung in one with the windows down at a gas station a couple of months ago.
When was the last time you said "See you later," to a stranger you never saw again?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I use "see you later" quite often when parting with people, even if they are strangers, so I probably did this a few days ago.  In terms of when I did this for certain, I definitely did this last semester when I told a new adjunct professor (who I had just met) that I would see her later, and she then quit her job the very next day.

When was the last time you had major surgery?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fortunately, never :).  The most major thing I've ever had done was have my wisdom teeth removed in 2004.

When was the last time you went on a weekend trip?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I went on a weekend trip to St. Louis in early June of this year.  It was quite an enjoyable trip, as my friends and I had the opportunity to see the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra, the Art Museum, several of the bars on Morgan Street, and several other sites around the city.

When was the last time you had to go to a job interview?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A few months ago for a place I really wanted to work at, but they didn't hire me.
Jerks.

Anyhow, when was the last time you swore you'd just eat one of something, and then ended up eating the entire package?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which time? :lol
I'm a major foodie so I can never really not have more than one of something. Actually, I take that back. Stomachaches prove very useful in those circumstances :smile

When was the last time you attended a rock concert?
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was several years ago, in 2008 I think.  I went to this dive bar in southern Illinois and lisitened to several performances by two death metal bands and, interesting, a blues-metal crossover band.  :blink:  It was interesting to say the least.

When was the last time that you purchased a new personal computer or tablet computer?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I received my current laptop as a Christmas present in 2011.  It still works great, except the battery is now toast, so until I buy a new battery I have to plug it in whenever I use it :p.

When was the last time you had a wish come true :)?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I suppose that would be last year.  I began having sudden bouts of tachycardia last autumn where my heart rate would suddenly go up to 130 and my blood pressure would spike at seemingly random times.  The diagnostic tests over the issue nearly ruined me financially and my sincerest wish was that it was something treatable and not a serious cardiovascular issue.  Thankfully, my wish came true and it turned out to be a sympathetic nervous system issue that could be treated through beta-blockers.  :)

When was the last time that you had to speak publicly in front of a large audience?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Today.  It's part of my job :p.  I do living history tours where I have the audience step back in time to 1939 :).  Oh yeah...I have to dress the part, too :lol.

When was the last time you had to practice an unusual amount of patience with someone ;)?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It is part of my job to have quite a bit of patience as I am a community college instructor.  However, I required quite a bit of patience to deal a particular student about a year ago.  The student failed to follow basic instructions on an assignment (did not use peer-reviewed journal articles) and had a fundamental misunderstanding of the subject (she argued that the prefrontal lobotomy was a highly successful operation in a majority of cases and that the procedure should be used more often today).  She based this off of a 1940s encyclopedia article (written before long-term studies were done on lobotomies) that she got from a basic google search.  She then argued with me for 30 minutes that my deduction of points on the assignment was unfair and based upon my own subjective feelings.  :rolleyes

When was the last time that you read a book that seriously changed your views on a particular topic?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, that would be "If I Stay". I don't remember the author right now but it gave me a new insight into the subject of euphenasia (hope I spelled that right).

When was the last time you missed a train/bus etc or a date/appointment etc. ?
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Last week. I had a doctor's appointment that was supposedly canceled, but it apparently wasn't :sducky

When was the last time you used a chainsaw?