The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yet another youtube leaver

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

All my LBT videos have been removed from Youtube. I do not plan on posting all the dutch LBT songs again. With the 2nd warning, I've also decided I can no longer use my account there. So I'm opening a new one soon.

If anyone would be so kind to show me a website where my dutch lbt songs are safe, so I can give people on my website a chance to listen to them.

~Iris

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm really sorry to hear that. I lost my first YouTube account to copyright infringement. Anyway you could try uploading the songs onto Vimeo. I hope this helps.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yeah, I would say Vimeo is a safe bet. I've had an account up there for a while and not one of my videos has been taken down.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You guys know my deal.  I am someone who has to go to great lengths to keep my videos safe from Universal.

Best places are as follows.  Understand that none are a guarantee, but they are the best choices available.

Vimeo

Sevenload - Note: Has a 1.5 GB per upload session limit.  Also, it is a bit confusing on how it works.  Contact me if you have problems.

Rediff - 200 MB per video limit.  Can only upload 1 video at a time.  A little confusing to navigate.  Contact me if you have problems.

DivShare - Has a limit as to how much you can put up total before you have to pay for more space.  Keep videos as small as possible if you go with this choice.

Now, if your site is links only, I have a few more choices for you.

Minus - 11 GB Total Limit for Free Membership.  50 GB if you are willing to pay.

Google Drive - 5 GB Total Limit for Free Membership.  Must have a Google Account in good standing to get.

I'll keep looking and post again when I find more.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the links Poke (and Mr Wonk & DH as well of course). I didn't want to lose my account, so I made a new one now (iclaydoodles). I still want to be able to subscribe to my fav channels :) But I'll check out vimeo for the LBT vids, thanks!

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Youtube sucks nowadays for not wanting copyrighted material online.

I'm very sorry to hear you losing your original account...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didn't quite lose it EggStealerGirl... I had 2/3 warnings and decided to leave, so that if there were to be a 3rd warning (and perma-ban) issued, I would no longer feel grief over losing it.

Anyway, thanks to your suggestions I've been able to upload the videos to vimeo and finally get my dutch LBT music page updated. For those of you who would like to hear some songs, visit here:

http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime/platvoetmuziek.htm

(scroll half-way down) :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good to see you were able to post them on Vimeo.  To be honest, I lost mine in the first week.  So yeah, keep an eye on it.

Also, about YouTube.  It mainly depends on the company at hand.  Universal won't allow anything of theirs on it.  They even try to get paid royalties from reviews posted there.  Furthermore, they have been known to remove content that isn't theirs.  Removing stuff of their competitors and high ranking indie developers.

As far as I'm concerned, Universal can just go bankrupt and sell off their franchises for all I care.

Disney though, none of that bullcrap.  I see plenty of their content posted by fans there.  Not to mention, I haven't heard anything bad about them.  They seem to know the value of fan-support uploading.  If only others could see that too. -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Pokeplayer, are you forgetting the "great Disney takedown" that occurred a few years ago? A few years back, Disney went on an insane takedown plague, removing anything using their material. It was so bad that by the time they started to slow down, almost everything Disney related was off of Youtube. I lost my first account, Bluedramon, because of this.

And they can do it again. So don't be so shocked if Disney decides to resume their "witch hunt" and start removing videos once more.

I never had much of bad luck with Universal, however. Nowhere near the scale of Disney. Only about 3 of my videos were taken down because of Universal. The remaining that are claimed usually have ads and such put in them, which I don't mind.

I never had a video removed from Vimeo. But that's probably because I make them deliberately difficult to find by using tags totally random and unrelated to the video.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thing is, universal first said "you have our content, this is fine we just place ads" and from one on the other day literally all my videos are removed (bit rude, don't you think?) and I'm given this 'second' warning (I can't remember the first warning). That kind of made me 'hate' universal...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To DH:

Huh!  To be honest, I forgot about that.  Still, I haven't heard anything as of late from them.  I will keep an eye on them, but I honestly think they have learned their lesson.