The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does Strut really want to eggs?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, an idea just crossed my mind.  Maybe, like Chomper not wanting to eat Leaf Eaters, Strut secretly hates eating eggs and has put it off all of his life.  I mean, he can eat green food.  

Do you think that it's just that he finds green food better than eggs or does he perhaps feel that eating eggs is wrong and there might be a deeper motive to his behavior?  

I mean, he's probably realized he isn't going to get Ozzy out of egg eating.  I mean, if he really did want to eat an egg, when Ozzy kept nagging him about it, you think, since he was holding the egg for so long, that when it looked like they were safe enough away to eat it, that Strut woulda said "Hey now, you said I needed to eat eggs and kept bothering me!  I got this egg!  It's mine!" and eaten the egg.  

Ozzy might have been so glad that his brother was eating "normal" that he'd be willing to forget Strut saying "No!" and let it go or even praised Strut and said he was proud of him!

Also, Strut never seems to be the one going for the eggs himself, and, based on Ozzy's biggest insult chain in LBT, one gets the impression that this wasn't the first time Ozzy expressed disgust with his brother's eating habits and put him down over it.

Somehow, I think Strut was bullied all of his life and when he wants to kill Littlefoot is when he's starting to snap and becoming more like his brother.  I just hope that it's not too late for poor Strut.  

Ozzy, like Sierra, needs to die before LBT is over or else justice won't be done!  However, I'd hope that Strut and Thud become nice before all is said and done.  

Personally, I hope Strut kills Ozzy.  It would be such karma for Ozzy to be done in by his brother, whom he's always treated like dirt, finally stand up to him and put an end to him and his evil ways!  Also, with Ozzy gone, Strut could be nicer to Leaf Eaters as I think his hatred for them is mainly because Ozzy is bullying him into it.

As for Strut, suppose he ever were to ditch Ozzy and wanted to come and live in the Great Valley as a Leaf Eater.   Would they accept him, or, like Chomper, would they mistrust him because he's an Egg Stealer species and he'd have to put up with the same kind of prejudice Chomper faces?  

I know Ozzy probably has very little love for Leaf Eaters (especially bossy ones!   :lol  ) but how does Strut feel about them?

I admit, the poll options were a bit humorous.   :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't see any reason why Strut would kill Ozzy. Yes, Ozzy eats eggs, but that isn't necessarily "evil", and while he does push his brother around, it's no more than sibling banter. If Strut really wanted to leave, he could. He just has little motivation to kill Ozzy, however. And if he did, that would be way out of his character and would be unbelievable.

As for his view, I think it's just because green food is easier to get, hence why he doesn't go crazy for eggs. I don't think he opposes it. And he's probably eaten plenty of eggs in the past. But it could be that Ozzy has an unhealthy obsession with eggs to the point where that's all he wants to eat, while Strut represents a more moderate egg eater, who is still able to get by on green food if he can't get eggs. Or small mammals and such.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 2 2015 on  09:58 AM
I don't see any reason why Strut would kill Ozzy. Yes, Ozzy eats eggs, but that isn't necessarily "evil", and while he does push his brother around, it's no more than sibling banter. If Strut really wanted to leave, he could. He just has little motivation to kill Ozzy, however. And if he did, that would be way out of his character and would be unbelievable.

As for his view, I think it's just because green food is easier to get, hence why he doesn't go crazy for eggs. I don't think he opposes it. And he's probably eaten plenty of eggs in the past. But it could be that Ozzy has an unhealthy obsession with eggs to the point where that's all he wants to eat, while Strut represents a more moderate egg eater, who is still able to get by on green food if he can't get eggs. Or small mammals and such.
Actually, not really about Strut killing Ozzy.  No, it wouldn't ever be murder, but it might be self-defense.  

Ozzy had shown very little care for Strut's life.  He threw Strut over that cliff first before going himself and later, when Strut tried to go across on that log, made Strut go back and yelled "I'm first!  I'm first!  I'm always first!".

When poor Strut was starving and just wanted to eat green food, Ozzy put him down and knocked the green right out of his hands.  Goodness, let your brother eat first.  He'd probably be able to egg hunt if he weren't so hungry!  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm lactose intolerant and Ozzy doesn't seem to get it!
LOL  :spit Somebody write a crack fic pls!  :lol

Anyway, I think Strut just prefers green food as I was stating in the other thread but he can also eat eggs if he has to.
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure how Strut killing Ozzy would be self defense. From what I remember of the characters, I don't think there would ever be a time when there would be a situation of Strut killing Ozzy being self defense. The worst Ozzy ever does is boss around Strut and get him to eat eggs, but that's not exactly enough to make killing him self defense.To me, it's just a case of sibling banter and Ozzy thinking himself to be the dominant of the pair. But he doesn't really abuse Strut; giving him orders doesn't count for that, and pushing him to eat eggs also doesn't.

The only way I can ever see Strut killing Ozzy is if he either got a mental problem and snapped or he was starving and there was nothing else, but even those are such a stretch. Anything else would call for a blatant out of character moment. Sorry, but I can't ever see Strut killing Ozzy for any reaosn except something very very extreme. It's against his nature to do that, and he still cares about his brother, and Ozzy does care about him.

ThunderClaw

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://thunderclawshocktrix.deviantart.com
He probably doesn't care eggs vs green food but  would rather give up eggs to stay in the safety of the Great Valley.

Edit: oh I have chomper on the left side now yay  :DD