The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RIP Stan Lee

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Stan Lee, famous for helping to create some of the biggest comic book icons in history, including Spider-Man and the Avengers, has passed away.  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/stan-lee-dead-95-185336633.html

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well that's truly sad. :( He had a long life though and accomplished a lot. Still, I'll definitely miss him. RIP.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Damn...when my friend showed me the article I didn’t believe it and it’s still sort of hard to believe. Rest in peace Stan.
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rest in peace. You were a true super hero in this world.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This was shocking news and while it is sad, he at least lived a full life and got to see his comics come to life in very successful film adaptations.

May he rest in peace.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Considering his age, I knew it wouldn't be long before something like this would happen. Truly a great icon to pop culture as we know it, and he will be missed. Still, at least we have confirmation that he will appear in the upcoming (currently untitled) Avengers movie coming out next year, so at least we can look forward to seeing his final cameo appearance.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Considering his age, I knew it wouldn't be long before something like this would happen. Truly a great icon to pop culture as we know it, and he will be missed. Still, at least we have confirmation that he will appear in the upcoming (currently untitled) Avengers movie coming out next year, so at least we can look forward to seeing his final cameo appearance.
Actually, they filmed his next several cameos before he died, so we still have a few more appearances by him to go before we truly reach the end.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not the biggest comic fan, but my brother likes Marvel sso it's still a downer. At least with the MCU I doubt his influence will die out anytime soon.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
one of animation's giants. Full stop. 95 is a full life, by any measure. RIP Mr Lee
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, Stan, for giving the world such unforgettable and iconic characters as Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, the X-Men, and many, many others.  You will never be forgotten.