The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Happy Birthday Malte!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yo malte!  Happy starday!  Hope it's filled with joy and happiness for you. :D

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Happy Birthday Malte!  :)  :)  :)  :DD  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :DD  :)  :)  :)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Oh dear! I would have almost forgotten your birthday.  :o
A really big "Happy Birthday" to you, Malte!
:celebrate :birthday :celebrate

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You got a gift to open remember? :p
Unlike some others I may have the patience to wait until my birthday to open my presents but I certainly wouldn't fail to remember them ;)
Yours was the first I opened and I had my Mum (I was at her place today) take a picture of the solemn moment:

Thank you very much Adam :)
You really put some thought into this and I am looking forward to our next chat when I will have some further questions as to the history and what remains of it at your place. I must really say that Mr. Johnson got in my good books for the "Get any books you want, now and always, and send the bill to me. I count the expense mighty little compared to the benefits which are so abundant..." statement :yes

Thanks to all of you who have congratulated me here and thanks also to you Ariel for congratulating me via PM* :)

I have had a very nice celebration with my Mum, grandma, my aunt Imme, my uncles Thomas and Andreas, and my cousin Tim today. It was really cheerful and uplifting and my grandma said with such conviction that she believed that things would get better soon that I am feeling a bit more positive myself about everything :)
The past year has not been a very good one for me. Early in the last year I lost some very precious data of more than 7000 photos of microfilmed newspapers from 1860 to 1865. I cannot say this for certain, but I'm afraid that the loss of this data may partly be responsible for the fact that I have not written and published a book by now. I still hope that the day will come on which the data from the damaged hard drive may be recovered :bang I sent out very many applications but are still on a very minor job only not so much because of the qualifications I was worried about last year but for general lack of job offers in any of the fields where I have been applying. My ill feelings expressed in last years birthday post about the government elected a few days before have pretty much become true and these days they manifest in record low opinion pol results for the ruling parties. I hope that the strong opposition to some of the really bad late decisions of the government (especially with regard to nuclear energy) may result in those decisions being overturned by overturning of the government by early elections over here and... err well right, this is a birthday post thread :lol
Not everything has been bad about the past year of course and it is with great appreciation and gratitude that I look back to those days in the last year which I could spend in the company of fellow GOF members who visited me at my place. Really, you are awesome and brightened up this year quite a bit for me :yes

Now I hope that the next year will have more of this to be so grateful about and especially that it will not continue with frustration caused by the lack of success in my applications and the absence of a the focus in life that a good job provides.
Thank you all!
Year number 27 here I come and I hope that we will get along so well as we could ;)

* And to you Katie. I just saw the congratulations you send me via MSN :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Now that's awesome. :D  I'm immortalized somewhere in Germany.  Email me with questions, if you seek a quicker response to more on George F. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not "somewhere" Adam. Your letter will be in a land before time tin box (I got a VHS of LBT 4 in that one originally) in which I keep letters, drawings, and other hand written materials from other land before time fans. The box's content is of a very high personal value to me and I am glad that I have something from your hand too now :)

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 27 2010 on  02:49 PM
You got a gift to open remember? :p
Unlike some others I may have the patience to wait until my birthday to open my presents but I certainly wouldn't fail to remember them ;)
Yours was the first I opened and I had my Mum (I was at her place today) take a picture of the solemn moment:

Thank you very much Adam :)
You really put some thought into this and I am looking forward to our next chat when I will have some further questions as to the history and what remains of it at your place. I must really say that Mr. Johnson got in my good books for the "Get any books you want, now and always, and send the bill to me. I count the expense mighty little compared to the benefits which are so abundant..." statement :yes

Thanks to all of you who have congratulated me here and thanks also to you Ariel for congratulating me via PM* :)

I have had a very nice celebration with my Mum, grandma, my aunt Imme, my uncles Thomas and Andreas, and my cousin Tim today. It was really cheerful and uplifting and my grandma said with such conviction that she believed that things would get better soon that I am feeling a bit more positive myself about everything :)
The past year has not been a very good one for me. Early in the last year I lost some very precious data of more than 7000 photos of microfilmed newspapers from 1860 to 1865. I cannot say this for certain, but I'm afraid that the loss of this data may partly be responsible for the fact that I have not written and published a book by now. I still hope that the day will come on which the data from the damaged hard drive may be recovered :bang I sent out very many applications but are still on a very minor job only not so much because of the qualifications I was worried about last year but for general lack of job offers in any of the fields where I have been applying. My ill feelings expressed in last years birthday post about the government elected a few days before have pretty much become true and these days they manifest in record low opinion pol results for the ruling parties. I hope that the strong opposition to some of the really bad late decisions of the government (especially with regard to nuclear energy) may result in those decisions being overturned by overturning of the government by early elections over here and... err well right, this is a birthday post thread :lol
Not everything has been bad about the past year of course and it is with great appreciation and gratitude that I look back to those days in the last year which I could spend in the company of fellow GOF members who visited me at my place. Really, you are awesome and brightened up this year quite a bit for me :yes

Now I hope that the next year will have more of this to be so grateful about and especially that it will not continue with frustration caused by the lack of success in my applications and the absence of a the focus in life that a good job provides.
Thank you all!
Year number 27 here I come and I hope that we will get along so well as we could ;)

* And to you Katie. I just saw the congratulations you send me via MSN :)
Malte, you look like my oldest cousin on my mother's side of my family. XD Anyway, Happy 26th Star Day to you!  :birthday  :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thank you both :)
Now its time for me to  :bolt
Huh? Was it something I said or are the 26 year olds so old geezers to the 21 year olds that the later feel it's time to run? :lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:birthday Happy Birthday Malte! :birthday

Sorry for the late response. Still hope you had a wickid day my friend! All the very best to you buddy! Hopefully we can meet up again some day soon!

Have a good one matey! Here's to you on your special day! ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Malte!  :)  :birthday

I second what Jay said above! I hope you had a great day, having done some reading, it seems that you had. :)
Cheers buddy, all the best to you!  ;)

:birthday  :birthday  :birthday
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
Happy birthday dear brother. Is I bit late I supposed but my good intentions and blessings for ya are present here from my heart. I wish ya good health money and love. *big hug* :) *blow the candles and make a wish* Ya special brother.  :birthday

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry this post is late :oops.

Hope your starday was fun, and wishes for many many more to come!

:birthday  :birthday  :birthday  :birthday

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hopefully we can meet up again some day soon!
Aye, that would be one of my candle blowing wishes (and I know one is not supposed to tell those but having in mind that when we (talking to you too of course Gustav ;)) meet again will be more up to our own abilities and schedules rather than some providence I don't think there is any harm in that) :birthday
"When shall we three meet again
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"
Couldn't help that one :lol

Thank you Daddytops2009, Littlefoot, and Anna too :)
I hope that the coming year will be more according to plans and hopes than the last one was. If that was to be I might learn some basics of your native tongue Littlefoot so we might be able to talk at least a little Spanish hermano en mente ;)
Seeing the approaching 150 years anniversary events in the US I also very much hope to be able to visit the US in the next summer. With the sheer number of historical places Virginia would be particularly interesting to me. Who knows, perhaps we might meet too Anna? But this is all extremely uncertain as I don't know if indeed I will have the means to visit the US next summer though by the pressure of events of great interest to me that will once missed never be possible to make up for again there is a much higher drive to go next year than there was in the years past.
Above all on top of the to do list is of course the necessity to find a real job. I intend to apply at some American institutions in Germany (seeing that I will apparently never get the worker visum for the US which I applied for back in the first days of June and never heard of again, not even in response to my questions about it :().

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Hi Malte. Sorry this is a few days late. I’ve had numerous real-life distractions lately, and I’ve also been busy working on a little gift for you (which ended up being considerably more elaborate than I had originally planned :p). I’ll get to that in a minute, though. First I wanted to give you well-wishings of good health and luck in finding an enjoyable and worthwhile job in the coming year and beyond, as well as thanks for your outstanding job as an admin on the GOF and for being such a good friend (sorry about my continued inability to figure out chat programs :oops).

My gift speaks for itself. Hope you like it! :smile

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wow! I don't just like it Pangea, I absolutely love it! :D
I'm going to have the picture printed on photo-paper to set it up with my land before time collection.
Thank you so much for it Pangea! I greatly appreciate this  :yes

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Malte!  I'm glad I decided to pop on today, although my happy birthday wish now looks pretty boring compared to pangaea's work!

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 28 2010 on  05:05 AM
Thank you both :)
Now its time for me to :bolt
Huh? Was it something I said or are the 26 year olds so old geezers to the 21 year olds that the later feel it's time to run? :lol

Nah. 26 year olds get lower priced car insurance anyway. :)
I had to :bolt so I won't have to hear the happy birthday song. I get annoyed when people sing happy birthday.