The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life in the Mysterious Beyond

brekclub85 · 540 · 28495

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's the new RP i came up with, I'll start, of course.

Chomper woke up. The little rex had a good night's sleep.  His parents were sleeping next top him.  "Wonder where my friends re," Chomper thought to himself.  Chomper's friends in the MB included Ruby, Misty, Pearl, and many more. But before that, he decided to wake his parents up, giving them a nudge.

(Hey GVG, if you don't mind, could you use the names I gave Chomper's parents in SV?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Wlsewhere, a large belly dragger and a small sharpbeak were arguing.  "You let our prey get away again!"Dil complained annoyed.  "You were just too slow," Icky retorted.  "Maybe we should find our friends (Chomper and Ruby's families) and have them help us hunt, they're more skilled than you," Ichy taunted

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon woke up and looked at the sky, it was near dawn.  He slowly got up.  His brother awoke soon after, both sneaking off so they didn't wake up the rest of their sleeping family.  Once they were a short distance they started to stretch a bit to help them wake up more.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Mom, I wanna go play with my friends," Greg said to Dil.  Dil smiled. Her son calmed her down whenever Ichy would annoy her.  "Sure sweety, just be back for lunch," Dil replied. Greg smiled and went off.

As he was looking for chomper, Greg passed by Deon and his brother. The young belly dragger had seen them before, albeit not talked to them, and waved "hi" to them as he went passed.  It did not sound like Redclaw was in the area.....for now.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon and Blue-eyes waved.  "Hi." Deon said as he and his brother waved and Greg and Dil walked by.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Elsewhere in the Mysterious Beyond, and not too far from where Chomper's parents always resided, Ruby stretched and awoke to find her own family about her but not up yet. She smiled, noticing the bright circle was up.

"The bright circle is very bright today" she observed to herself, "perhaps that means Redclaw won't be causing problems which are inconvenient for all of us". It was a very optimistic wish, yet not impossible.

She noticed her younger siblings still asleep and not having to heart to wake them simple moved off from the nest to get a drink of water from a nearby water source.

Misty the egg napper was on the other side and she smiled as she spotted the Fast Runner. "Good morning Ruby" she greeted.

"Oh good morning, Misty" Ruby smiled back, "did you sleep well for the time you were sleeping?".

"Considering I got to wake up and Redclaw isn't here, very much so" Misty answered.

"Yes, it is always good when Redclaw is so far away that he is not nearby" Ruby agreed.

~~~~

Screech gave a growl of annoyance and turned from the bright circle which was shinning in his eyes. As he did so he glanced about to see if Redclaw was nearby wanting anything just yet. It didn't appear so, so he just closed his eyes to try and grab up whatever sleep he could before his and Thud's "leader" began demanding things once again.

~~~~

Elsewhere, in a cave, a lone flyer, Cree, who had lost touch with his family ever since that trip of theirs to the Great Valley when his youngest brother, Tylr, had insisted on sticking with those longnecks and threehorn who had labeled him a bad egg from the start! Like he would have wanted to travel with them even if they'd let him!

Even his sister and other brother, Pterano, had said it was probably a good thing to stick with the annoying "Valley herd" as they were now called. Well he'd heard Pterano just got kicked out later one, served him right and Cree's only regret was that he hadn't gotten to see it!

It meant that Ptearno was in the Mysterious Beyond somewhere, but like the others of their sibligns they'd lost touch with even longer ago, Cree hadn't met up with him since nor did he want to!

As he walked out of the cave, Cree noted that a group of swimmers were apprently stock piling some green food after pulling it from the trees for some reason rather than eating it then. As odd as this was, Cree also found it usefull and he just flapped by when they were distracted and grabbed up a clawfull or two of easily got greenfood and flapped on before they even noticed.

Landing on a tree a bit from the scene, Cree smiled to himself, "Always tastes better when you steal it for some reason" he smirked.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's father awake a short time later and started to move a bit slowly, not seeing the need to immediately jump up.  He noticed Ruby had likely woken up earlier and had left.  He raised his head and saw her not to far away.  

- - - -

Deon saw the body of water near where their family had slept and ran towards it and jumped in and started to swim after fish to catch one.  His brother took his time making his way over there, seeing no need to hurry.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Chompers mother Terri awoke after feeling her son nudge her several times trying to wake her. She opened her eyes and smiled.
"Good morning Chomper...how are you today my son?" she asked in a gentle voice trying not to wake her mate. She stood up and stretched as she asked Chomper "Would you like to go hunting now or later?"

~~~~~~~~

Pterano had been awakened by the bright circle as it rose in the sky and shined in his face. While he welcomed the warmth it brought it also gave him memories of a time where being part of a family meant something...and more importantly when being part of a family meant that you weren't exiled for one simple mistake.

Pterano then spread his wings and was about to take off when he heard a particular commotion off in the distance. He then flapped his wings and flew close to the disturbance and found a couple of Swimmers arguing. Thinking this was a good opportunity to test his persuasion skills Pterano flew low to the ground and extended a greeting.
"Hello there...i don't mean to interrupt but you seem to have a problem on your hands, can I be of any assistance?"

~~~~~~

Pearl yawned as she opened her eyes to greet the day. She looked up for a moment forgetting where she was. It was then that she remembered she was staying with Ruby and her family. Pearl then stood up and looked around and saw Ruby not far away and decided to say hello.

After landing next to Ruby Pearl smiled.
"Good morning Ruby, and hello Misty." she said in a cheery and enthusiastic voice.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I feel good mom," Chomper smiled.  "But we'll do the hunting a little later, ok?  want to play with my friends for a bit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere, all of the friends had agreed to meet at Ruby's place Some of Chomper's sharpteeth friends Rita the sharptooth, and Rory and Myra the fast biters arrived. "Hey guys," Rory waved in leafeater.

Greg soon arrived, as did chomper

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Terri nodded her head as her mate began to wake up.
"Alright Chomper. You may go and play...just be careful." she said with a smile.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper waved to his mother as he left, and soon arrived at Ruby's.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With a huff and putting her hands on her hips, one of the swimmers turned to the flyer, "No thankyou! We've had enough of flyers today!" she began.

A friend of hers stepped forward, "Will you quite it with that stupid story?! You stole them and you're just making up this story about a flyer swooping in a stealing the green food just to cover for it!".

"I am not!" the other swimmer turned from talking to Pterano, "I saw exactly where our missing food went, you guys were just too busy gathering it, and I'll thankyou for not labeling me a liar!".

One of the swimmers not in the argument directly winced and explained to Pterano, "Thanks for the help, really" she said, "Sorry my friends there are too busy to explain, we turned around after gathering some green food at one time to save trouble later and special pile of special leaves that she gathered" the swimmer indicated her first friend, "and wanted to save were gone, and she was standing nearby" here the other swimmer was pointed to.

"They say I stole them when I clearly saw that yellow flyer swoop past and grab up the pile, but then in this world apparently your guilty until proven innocent!" she yelled at her friend who had been accusing.

"What flyer would vindictively steal our green food like some juvinile adolescent?" the other swimmer asked.

"Stop using big words just to get past me!" was the yelled back response.

The swimmer not fighting put her hand to her head, "I think about leaving many days..." she said half to herself, "but anyway, yeah, that's the story, she either ate them or a yellow flyer bullyingly stole them".

Off not as far from here as he should have been, Cree peered past the slight tree cover to watch this fight...and noticed who the swimmers were confiding in.

"Really...with the one hundered or something other square inches of the Mysterious Beyond" he sighed.

He also frowned though and decided that now might be the best time to try and beat a hasty retreat, so he turned to begin to flap off.

~~~~

"So what should we do for the time we have until Redclaw might ruin everything?" Misty asked.

"I am just going to enjoy the water that, like you said, we get to enjoy" Ruby said, getting in for a swim.

"Well..." egg nappers weren't known for swimming, but they they could do it. Misty slowly got in, wanting to, like Ruby had said, enjoy the day while they could.

Both of the girls turned as Pearl came over and smiled. "Hey Pearl" Misty said.

"Yes, hello Pearl, hello" Ruby greeted as well, "Like I already asked Misty before asking you now, how did you sleep?" the Fast Runner asked considerately.

"Hi Chomper" Mist turned to greet him too.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hi there," Chomper, Rita, rory, Greg, and Myra waved back.

"Swimming sounds good," Myra said in leafeater. Chomper and Rita nodded. They had trained their arms to become more strong and swimming was possible for the two sharpteeth

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ruby's mother woke slowly, with a quick stretch. She spotted Ruby a little ways off, smiled as she appreciated the apparently Redclaw-free morning, then contented herself in keeping an eye on her still sleeping children.

~~~~

Redclaw lumbered about, growling softly. His night had been sleepless and uncomfortable, which had left the sharptooth in a particularly foul mood. After bending down at a water source for a quick drink, the terror of the mysterious beyond continued on his way, snarling a summon to Screech and Thud. Redclaw was on the prowl, and that was never a good sign.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's father slowly started to get up, being sure he didn't accidentally awaken any of their younger children.  He saw his mate was awake and smiled as he quietly said to her, "Good morning".  He got the rest of the way up, doing a bit of stretching and yawning as quietly as he could.

Ruby's younger brother opened his eyes, "Already morning, but I just went to sleep." He said.

- - -- -  - -

Deon and Blue-eyes had their fill of morning fish and after drinking some water and washing off decided to look for some others.  

"Where do you think we should go?" Deon asked his older brother.  

"Let's try in the direction the bellydraggers we saw were headed in." Blue-eyes said.

"Yea, lets go right now." Deon said and started to go in the direction at a slowish jog.  

Blue-eyes started off at the same speed, "Don't get to far ahead, stay together." He said.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After dropping off her son with his friends, Dil went hunting.

She eventually caught up to Deon and blue-Eyes. "Hey there," she said.

"Race ya to the waterhole," Rory said to everyone else.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby paddled along in the water, Misty following but not as well. "Paddle your arms and they will paddle better to help you swim" Ruby advised. Misty tried it, "Boy swimming is harder than it looks" she said.

~~~~
Screech raised is head up, giving a growl of his own at Redcalw's call. He nudged Thud though and jogged over near where Redclaw was.

"You hollered?" he said in sharptooth.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Agreed," Rita said in leafeater, "But I learned eventually," the girl rex added with a smile.

"Hopefully Redclaw won't ruin our fun," added Rory.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon waved in return, "Hello, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Hello." Blue-eyes said waving also.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Just going hunting," Dil responded casually.  It was her instinct, you couldn't really blame her.

Meanwhile, the kids were swimming in the water, Rory and Myra started a splash fight just for fun.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ruby's mother returned her mate's smile, and laughed lightly at her son. "Good morning, to the both of you! Well, to the three of you, but I suppose Ruby wouldn't know that I have wished her a good morning if she can't hear me."

~~~~

Redclaw snarled down at Screech and Thud, a way of greeting his minions that had become traditional. He ignored Screech's inquiry for the time being in favor of a quick survey of his surroundings. Nothing in his immediate range of vision, except for a flier or two flittering around some ways off. Sounds didn't reveal much more, but a short breeze carried with it a complex array of scents that betrayed the general commotion that Redclaw had been searching for.
A low growl rumbled in Redclaw's chest as he turned to address Screech.
"Time to hunt, and reaffirm our territory."
A phrase uttered clearly in Sharptooth, by a sharptooth of few words.