The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Memories

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I first watcehd LBT when I was like three and a half years old in 1999. It soon became my favourite show due to its nice but meaningful music (I didn't understand too much at that time, of course) and its lovable characters.

It also had a nice balance between scary (ish), sad, funny and interesting scenes. I watched the movies until I was like six, the stopped. Sometime in 04-5, I think, someone gave me LBT 10, watched it once, then forgot about it. I had basically grown out of it.

Then, half a year or so ago, while I was clearing out some of my old CDs in the basement, I came across the LBT set from 1-8 stored in there. I was bored, and with my homework done and parents coming back only in a few hours, I inserted LBT 1 into the CD player and watched. I soon fell in love with the series again, because it reminded me of when I was younger. Its a strange feeling you can't describe, especially when the songs are heard. I (almost) cried when hearing 'always there' and 'Bestest friends' (yes, I know its an LBT 10 song =|)

I bought LBT 9 soon after. It was enjoyable.

So I went on the net, searched for stuff about LBT and any future movies they might be making. I learned about movies 11-13, and the TV series. This also happened to be the time when I registered to this forum.

I watched some of the TV episodes of Youtube (I don't have any TV channels which show it). Unfortunately, I went back to the store where I bought LBT 9 and they no longer sold LBT (neither do any other stores in my country, I think)

When my dad bought some items off Amazon (I can't remember what), due to me doing well in tests, he granted me the permission to buy off the net LBT 11-13.

I felt that 11 was ok, too unrealistic, 12 was nice to watch, and 13 was just.....cheesy. I still prefer the original ones (1-10) due to their (as stated above) balance of meaningful lessons, epic, funny, and sad scenes. In my opinion, creators of LBT should switch back to their original style.

I still cannot find a place to obtain any new videos (except off the internet).  :cry

What are your memories of LBT?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i was a little kid when the first film came out in theather.. i firast saw the film in 89? and being someone who loved dinosaurs.. loved it.. i eventually had the first ten films, with  my favorite sequel being Journey through the Mists, I'm a big littlefoot x Ali shipper :p I haven't seen the last 3 sequels.. to be honest...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is a very similar thread to this one already, in which many have posted their recollections and their way of becoming an LBT fan already :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

I have my story in the "tell your story section" but I'll make it short here. I grew up owning 4, and would occasionally see 5 on tv, but in mid 2002 I started watching way more of LBT. I saw LBT 9 early in 2003 but it was that year I sorta stopped watching it. I saw a bit of 10 on chirstmas 2003 and knew about11 and 12 coming out and the tv series but it wasn't until this year I got back into it.