The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dissapointed Or Sad With LBT 14 Storyline?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So according to sources, the storyline of LBT 14 will be centered on Bron's (Littlefoot's Father) mysterious dissapearing. Now, we have waited 8 years thinking they cut LBT out for good. I have never been a big fan of Bron... Probably because of how emotional LBT 10 was. I guess I never liked how Bron wanted Littlefoot to drop everything and go with him when he had his grandparents and friends. So I guess I'm not crazy about Bron, so I'm a little sad with the storyline for LBT 14 I like the traditional "we go on an adventure together" concept.. I mean I know Bron is Littlefoot's father but this was suppose to be a reintroduction/2nd chance for LBT and I guess I didn't think if their were to be a comeback it would be about Bron. Don't you remember as a kid watching (for example) "The Mysterious Island" it was interesting watching the gang go through this event and meeting Chomper. I honestly think some of the story lines got weaker over time, so after the 8 year hiatus I kinda expected an exciting comeback. I mean it's cool how they go looking for Bron... I just don't like him that much. How do you feel about the LBT 14 storyline? Were you expecting more?
8 years with TGOF :yum

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think the story of finding out more about Bron's disappearance is much more interesting than the run-of-the-mill "let's go on an adventure". I find Bron to be quite a fascinating character, and I would love to hear more about his past. It would be nice to hopefully have some light finally shed on that.

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Personally, I like the sound of Journey of the Heart's storyline. I like the fact that the movie is going to explore Littlefoot and Bron's relationship, as we haven't gotten too much chance to see it. I'm also looking forward to how Shorty will play into this too. Also, just because the movie features Bron and will probably spend some more time with character development doesn't mean there won't be a great adventure involved!  Keep in mind that they'll have to find Bron and also that Felix says that the plot will involve an emergency, so it seems to me there'll definitely be an exciting adventure within the movie too, potentially more so than many of the other sequels. I've still got my hopes up for a movie with really strong character development, strong emotion, a very exciting journey, and a little bit more mature than the last sequels, and from everything I've heard so far, I feel very optimistic.  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If Bron does appear it may be not till towards the end, though he likely will appear in flashbacks perhaps.   I'm not to crazy on how Bron was introduced.  9 movies with no mention of a father and the father never thought to look for his son in the Great Valley?  It is one of the retcons, but if the movie is a good one I'll just say, for me, that it happens in a parallel universe, like an lbt earth 2, to use the pre crises dc terminology.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of the most controversial aspects of LBT 10 was Bron's backstory.  It doesn't make Bron look like that great of a father figure.  I'm sure that it was not the writer's intention to make Bron look bad, but I'm not sure what could have been done with the backstory in the first place to avoid such a thing.  On top of that, it didn't make much sense in the end.

It will be interesting to see what they will do with it to try to bring closure to such a controversial thing.  I feel that, at the very least, it needs to be better explained.

However, I question if Bron's backstory is something that CAN be saved.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I actually find the plot to be quite mature and more developed than the past sequels and tv series.
Whenever and if ever a trailer gets released, that would be a great way to tell whether or not the story will be good or bad  :exactly
Life Is Good

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If Bron does appear it may be not till towards the end, though he likely will appear in flashbacks perhaps. I'm not to crazy on how Bron was introduced. 9 movies with no mention of a father and the father never thought to look for his son in the Great Valley? It is one of the retcons, but if the movie is a good one I'll just say, for me, that it happens in a parallel universe, like an lbt earth 2, to use the pre crises dc terminology.
I agree, I mean I guess if he is the general topic in LBT 14 it's not that big of a deal; but I'm just hoping Bron does not become a main character. As I said before I'm not a big fan of Bron, for more then one reason. I just wanted the comeback to be a reintroduction to the traditional LBT feel. Like what is said here-
Whenever and if ever a trailer gets released, that would be a great way to tell whether or not the story will be good or bad  exactly
I agree, but I hope LBT 15 does not include Bron.. or in my perspective LBT would lose it's ®feel® like I mentioned above.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We know hardly anything about the story of LBT 14 so far, so I think it is not really the time yet to be disappointed or delighted about all too much.
I am kind of notorious for my criticism of Bron which hasn't changed much since the nearly 10 years that have passed since my post in the linked thread. However, I am ready to wait and see and be disappointed or delighted about what I will see rather than about what I expect I might get to see ;)

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Nah, I really like the sound of the plot. LBT has always been one of my favorite, if not my favorite, sequel. I like the idea of Littlefoots having a father and I think it sounds really interesting for him to go out in search of him. The LBT movies where they go on a journey are the best.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It sounds like a huge improvement over the last 3.

Which is really a good thing. As Pokeplayer984 put it a number of years ago, "If anyone out there took a good hard look at Land Before Time, it's a freaking mess right now."

While much of this is the fault of Wisdom of Friends and the TV series, movies 11 and 12 aren't entirely blameless either, considering their writing. Now I don't want to get my hopes up, but from the sounds of it, movie 14 has a good chance of fixing patching things up and being the best LBT we've had in well over a decade.  :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The storyline sounds pretty interesting. Whether I can be disappointed or not, I will see when I've seen te movie. I've got a good feeling about it though :)
Inactive, probably forever.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, we will have to see the outcome.. but I still think if it's about Bron I will be disappointed.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I really like the sound of the plot actually. Obviously Bron's gonna be okay but it will still be interesting to find out why he went missing. I just wonder if they'll get Keifer Sutherland to voice him again.

Like pokeplayer said, one of the biggest issues with Bron is that his backstory makes him look...well, like a deadbeat dad. While his characterization in the tenth movie didn't make him look good, I do have to wonder if part of the issue lies with Littlefoot's mom. If she knew about the Great Valley, then why didn't she tell Bron about it? Or if she didn't know about it at that time, why did she let him go off on his own when this was during a time when there was no guarantee he would come back?

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I like the sound of what it might be, but I'm not sure how true it is. The only place on the internet I've seen it mentioned aside from here is wikipedia. Has it been confirmed anywhere? (I've done Google searches and can't find anything related to LBT14 other than what links are already on the wikipedia page.)

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I'm not sure how to feel about the storyline for the 14th film. I will find out when I watch the movie.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,May 31 2015 on  06:21 AM
I like the sound of what it might be, but I'm not sure how true it is. The only place on the internet I've seen it mentioned aside from here is wikipedia. Has it been confirmed anywhere? (I've done Google searches and can't find anything related to LBT14 other than what links are already on the wikipedia page.)
I believe the plot was mentioned in the interview with Felix Avita (the new voice actor for Littlefoot)
I think it was posted somewhere in the "regarding any lbt 14 topics" page

Hope I helped  :)
Life Is Good