The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Secret Love...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For as long as I know, I have an imaginairy friend. I call him Matthis Cuvelier, named after a historican character. He originally lived in the 14th century.

I have tried to draw him several times, but this time it worked out. He almost looks human. This is who I call 'my guardian angel' or 'my secret love'

I love him.. Ok he doesn't exist but so what :lol .

Matthis is.. around 16/17 here? What do you think of him, should I change his expression? Any other things?

Edit: here you can get it enlarged : http://mumbletothesky.deviantart.com/art/M...velier-85445715

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't personally have an imaginary friend.  I never have before and I don't think I ever will.  Well.........I suppose I might when I'm like 90 and in a nuthouse and I go crazy, but by then it won't just be one person I imagine. :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 12 2008 on  06:08 PM
I don't personally have an imaginary friend.  I never have before and I don't think I ever will.  Well.........I suppose I might when I'm like 90 and in a nuthouse and I go crazy, but by then it won't just be one person I imagine. :lol
heh. Well I am a bit weird. The 'is it weird' questions in my sig keep on getting more.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
What historical figure is he named after?

I love the drawing. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well... Matthis was a french boy who lived in the 14th century. He worked as a trouvÈre and heraut for Bertrand du Guesclin. He has got a great voice and could make poems flow from his mouth. That's about all I know about him.

Thanks, Kor.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing it here.  Do you draw often?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well. I draw when I know what I want to draw. You could say 'often' but it's really more in periods. like 2 weeks ago I didn't do anything but drawing, but now I don't have any inspiration and I switch to singing again.. haha

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure you are not the only one who does that.  There are bound to be others.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah, there are others...  I don't draw, and I only sing songs I know, personally, but, there are long times that I'll go without writing anything, and then BOOM!  One day - like today, ironically - I'll write something, and it will be profound to me...  Then, some time will pass, and I'll be doing something else...  Nice drawing, Iris...  There's nothing wrong with what you've described...  Nothing wrong with it at all!  In fact, I don't even consider it weird...  Some of the greatest pieces of art and literature have, indeed, come from the imagination...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...