The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Photography

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've recently taken up casual photography, and I thought that it would be a good idea to get a critique here on some of my photos.

These were taken with my physics teacher's SLR camera.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Cool! You can see the green, red, and blue light spectrums! :wow

Those pictures are neat, but they are a bit big. I don’t suppose you could resize them a little smaller? (Maybe show a smaller picture that links to a larger one?)

If you’ll pardon a question from one who is virtually clueless about photography, how exactly do photos taken by an SLR camera differ from photos taken by other sorts of cameras?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Different types of cameras have different features. Usually, SLR cameras are better suited for professional photography, while the common point-and-shoot cameras are suited for casual photography.

By the way, these are compressed images. The original images are 3000x4000 pixels in size.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Does the higher quality or some particular capability of the SLR camera have anything to do with why you can see the differently colored rays of light?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like that SLR camera may be pretty complicated.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jun 8 2010 on  12:38 AM
Sounds like that SLR camera may be pretty complicated.
Well, pretty much. If you don't read the User Manual, you probably won't know how to work the camera. As I said, SLR cameras are mainly for professional photographers.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 7 2010 on  11:56 PM
Does the higher quality or some particular capability of the SLR camera have anything to do with why you can see the differently colored rays of light?
Also, no. These photos were things I actually saw during a class. I still don't fully know what caused this phenomenon, but it can be recreated.

As for the higher quality, most SLR cameras have a higher resolution capacity than the usual point-and-shoot camera.

I'll probably write or find a guide to cameras in the future. Just not right now, though.