The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33567

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 26 2017 on  11:06 AM
type "anonymazer" in Google. Choose one.
It's used to avoid blocked sites. Insert http path of blocked site/page, and go.
will do and try to. thanks :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
*Broken Record Response*: We will know if there is LBT 15 if Jurassic World 2 is successful. LBT 14 was released to coincide with Jurassic World.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Just returned to find out about this official YT channel for the TV series. I guess it's time for a marathon?

P.S.: I do hope we get a fifteenth movie eventually.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 12 2017 on  11:33 PM
Just returned to find out about this official YT channel for the TV series. I guess it's time for a marathon?

P.S.: I do hope we get a fifteenth movie eventually.
A Land Before Time Marathon on You Tube would be something to see. Hope they do that.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Just for everyone's information, we should not discuss the YT channel here unless there's confirmation or other info of a LBT XV within it. The YT channel discussion is much bigger on the "Regarding all Season 2 topics" thread, so go there instead.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Oct 13 2017 on  04:26 PM
Just for everyone's information, we should not discuss the YT channel here unless there's confirmation or other info of a LBT XV within it. The YT channel discussion is much bigger on the "Regarding all Season 2 topics" thread, so go there instead.
sorry

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Oct 13 2017 on  04:26 PM
My apologies.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's all right, I just don't think it applies to this thread.

I watched one of Alex Popp's newest videos on a potential XV. He discusses when he thinks there will be another movie, concept ideas on Wikia (couple of us are even in the vid lol), and how to spot an official new movie and not a fake concept article or blog post.
And yes, finally, after more than 8 months, he finally revealed, that The Big City was just an April Fools joke :rolleyes: :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9bh7SyrgE
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on Jan 26 2018, 05:30:20 PM
It's all right, I just don't think it applies to this thread.

I watched one of Alex Popp's newest videos on a potential XV. He discusses when he thinks there will be another movie, concept ideas on Wikia (couple of us are even in the vid lol), and how to spot an official new movie and not a fake concept article or blog post.
And yes, finally, after more than 8 months, he finally revealed, that The Big City was just an April Fools joke :rolleyes: :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX9bh7SyrgE
LOL. "The Land Before Time XV: The Big City". XP

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's June, and no news yet. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is coming out at various dates in the first half of the month in various countries.

I think at this point we will have to wait for late 2018, when LBT has its 30th anniversary. I'm not sure what Universal is going to do when that time comes around, hopefully something. Hopefully not simply a re-release of the first movie. Hopefully LBT XV. If we don't get news then, we can say bye for the LBT franchise for now, again.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, it's certainly not looking too good concerning any new content. I wouldn't bet on Universal doing even any 30th anniversary stuff for LBT. :(

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestly, at this point, the only new LBT content that I would even bet a penny on us seeing is a lousy Netflix spinoff kinda like Spirit: Riding Free, or perhaps a Netflix original movie. There also could be a remake of the original down the pike. If I’m recalling correctly, Jorney of the Brave made Universal FAR less money than Wisdom of Friends did (which is a shame, because Journey of the Brave was a VAST improvement over Wisdom of Friends), so it’s pretty likely that Universal is just going to scrap LBT. :(

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Wait, I heard Jorney of the Brave was more successful than Wisdom of Friends, not?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought I'd heard that Journey of the Brave did a lot worse than Wisdom of Friends, but I could be mistaken on that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:43:55 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not even sure how much money Wisdom of Friends made. As far as I remember, JOTB's performance was always compared to the Great Day of the Flyers which did trash JOTB in the sales as we can see from these links.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:46:26 PM by Sovereign »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the spiffy new forum :DD

And holy crap. That certainly is interesting news!  :)littlefoot

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow! That's exciting!  :)littlefoot  :Mo
The only question is: what are they doing with LBT? My guess would be either remaking the original or releasing a special edition for the 30th anniversary (with some "outtakes", maybe?)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now that is an interesting potential hint of something... though whether they are referring to a new project or merely showcasing some of their older works (like the Land Before Time) has yet to be seen.  I guess we should all be on the lookout for potential signs of a new LBT project in the near future.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd say it isn't a new movie since Amblin has nothing to do with the sequels, but you never know.