The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Remembering TLBT

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
November 18, 1988- TLBT was released
November 27, 2007- Wisdom Of Friends (last movie) was released

It makes me sad to think that the series I've grown up with is gone.......we never got to see Littlefoot grow up with his friends.....if redclaw, thud & screech were ever defeated. The 13th movie was okay........but that should have given Universal Studios a chance to make a 14th better. It's to late now to have a 14th, but the fact that it's over.........makes you want to cry, you know? As a kid, I grew up with the gang.....I'm 13...and life is going by quick and I just wish things would slow down. When I think TLBT I think of my childhood memories......and now the series is done. It's like giving a child their favorite toy, they have fun with it and you take it away. It's just depressing.....

Thankfully we are making the series project.........but again......now that the official stuff is gone........it's depressing.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's not gone. It still exists, and we can watch it whenever we want.

Don't feel depressed. You've got nothing to worry about. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, with our creativity we can create new stories. We won't let the movies die in our hearts. :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
This seems to be a trend in general - a lot of comments I get about my fanart on deviantart since I've started with LBT talk about it as if it's in the past.

That might be true at some point, but the movies are still there, the episodes are still there and at some point even merchandise is, as some stuff is still available in stores.

But most important, we're still there. Sure, we're not overwhelming the internet like some other fandoms do (looking at ponies here) but even a small bunch of active fans is more than enough to keep something alive. And this forum is doing a wonderful job there. :D

kitkatze

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Sep 28 2014 on  11:29 PM
November 18, 1988- TLBT was released
November 27, 2007- Wisdom Of Friends (last movie) was released

It makes me sad to think that the series I've grown up with is gone.......we never got to see Littlefoot grow up with his friends.....if redclaw, thud & screech were ever defeated. The 13th movie was okay........but that should have given Universal Studios a chance to make a 14th better. It's to late now to have a 14th, but the fact that it's over.........makes you want to cry, you know? As a kid, I grew up with the gang.....I'm 13...and life is going by quick and I just wish things would slow down. When I think TLBT I think of my childhood memories......and now the series is done. It's like giving a child their favorite toy, they have fun with it and you take it away. It's just depressing.....

Thankfully we are making the series project.........but again......now that the official stuff is gone........it's depressing.
That's whate fanfiction and fanart are for! :D

I do understand how you feel, I grew up with the series too and was a quite obsessed in my younger years but as long as the fandom and people like you continue to hold on then it will never truly die.   :)