The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character List (for the strict role plays)

Petrie. · 95 · 23905

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I might play Ducky, my characters, and possibly some of the minor characters if any.  Is it alright if I also do characters who only appear a few times and have small parts?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sure! :) We are not enough people anyway to fill all the minor roles (parents etc.) if everyone sticks to but one character.
So far I took care of Petrie's mother and Littlefoot's grandpa. I didn't pick any of the main characters yet. I will wait which characters everyone else wants to have and take some of the remaining characters.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, but are we going to start a new RPG or something?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why not try to keep up the only just started RPG which is currently having a slow take off?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ok then.  That fills the main characters:

Littlefoot-action9000
Cera-Threehorn
Ducky-F-14 Ace
Spike-Me :P:
Petrie-Raptor

Grandpa Longneck-Malte
Grandma Longneck
Threehorn-Threehorn
Ducky & Spike's mother
Petrie's mother-Malte

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why don't people post more often inthis one?  I've been waiting days for someone to post in Cold Land's Herd.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I just don't quite get the hang of RPGs. I always have a kind of book in mind like people were writing the chapters respectively the actions of the characters in the same story. I find the very frequent changes of place and characters when the action at one place doesn't quite seem finished a bit confusing. Also I may have been too hesitant about characters. Having only the roles of some grownups so far I don't have too much to put in.
Sometimes I'm wondering if maybe a different "system" of RPG would work out better. If people wrote chapters rather than the actions of just one or two characters. It might make it sound more like one continuous story.
As for other people I suppose that the general concept of strictly land before time is not very popular due to the many rules (and damn me apparently finds it even too few rules!) :(

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, we were about to get to a part invlving the grownups.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm really having a hard time catching up with everything happening too fast for my comfort.  I may have to pull out, so Spike will be free for picking.

And Malte, I'm never against your idea of RPG.  I guess we all have different levels and paces of RPing that we all can't really work together to make a story like the great novels you write.  If we plan to make a storyline of that magnitude, we'd have to draw a lot of lines and do some serious planning and preparation to get it working.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Not sure if this is alright I created a new RPG which has a charcater in it that based on the title of the story named Thunder.

He hatched at the time of a thundering sound being just hatched lost his sense of hearing on that stormy night with his mother naming him Thunder. His been tormented in the past before arriving at the great valley for his life in the herd of longnecks his mother couldn't let it happy so she and him leave the herd and find the Great Valley to start a fresh life one that her son could grow and not be toremented by adults and kids because he can't hear like normal kids can. A style that never used before.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Name: Kaga
Species: Spikethumb (I guess that is what you call an iguanodon)
Description: Kaga has dark green skin over most of his body.  His underside is mostly pale gray.  The row of scales running from his head down to his back have a turquoise color.  Kaga also has pail gray stripes on his tail and the tip is black.  He also has pale blue eyes.

Bio: Kaga was born in the Mysterious Beyond but ran away from his herd when he was young to search for the Great Valley.  During the course of his travels, Kaga has become lost several times.  He has found that it is not easy to survive on his own.  Predators and hungar have plagued him on his journey and now the Great Valley is Kaga's only hope for survival.  He may be friendly but he is shy around girls.  He has learned to be a fierce fighter.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 14 2006 on  11:50 AM
Folks, I think we have way too many personal characters already, and with everybody's effort to put the own characters in as much as possible I don't think the result can be an LBT story in which the original characters are of any significant importance.
Um, would that be bad? Seriously, is it that important to lack originality?

Name: Sy

Species: Dilophosaurus Sinensis

Description: 10 ft tall, 27 ft long. He is green with red and pink splotches going down his back. His frill is heavily damaged, and in some places only tatters of skin.

Bio: Sy is old, older than most creatures in the Great Valley. His motives are not always clear, but he is fairly trustworthy. He is carnivorous, but mostly eats fish and small mammals instead of other dinosaurs. He lost his right eye long ago in a battle with his brother, whom he killed.
Despite his old age, Sy is not elderly or decrepit. He is very wise and crafty, as well as powerful.

(Believe me, I've had this character long before I joined this site. Anything that sounds like it came from another LBT character is purely coincidence.)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I just thought of one.

Name: Old Horn

Speices: Threehorn

Description: 7 '6' ft tall, 24 ft long. green scales with one horn on the right half there and with a yellowish underside.

Bio: Old Horn name is unknown and that the way he likes it, being the oldest threehorn in the Great Valley after being left behind by the herd he once ruled for a long time. he always alone and don't want to do with anything with the other Great Valley dinosaurs even threehorns with a fear of being left behind again. Wise for the length of time his lived, he keeps his own age to himself. He has a very raw attude to others and refuse to talk to anyone giving a cold shoulder even the children keeping back from anyone of his past events.

Highsoar

• Big flyer
  • Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Name: Blaze
Species: Flyer(Quetzalcoatlus)
Age: Older juvenile..call her the equivelant of a teenager
Description: Yellowish-cream body with red head crest and neck that her name comes from. Beneath that is a second black blaze that extends down her neck and encircles her eye. Her beak is tipped in red also.
Bio: She was hatched outside the valley but came in after the rest of her small flock died, some from sharpteeth and some from illness.  She had a sharptooth run in of her own once because she got a little too daring toying with one of them that was trying to chase her and has a small tear in one wing from it, not enough to hinder flying unless the wind is high but landing can sometimes be tricky.  She's still a bit hyper at times and exhuberant but knows to be more careful now.

(yes it's a modified LBT version of my Highsoar persona lol)

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I adore roleplay, always have...however I can post novels sometimes and have a harder time keeping up with fast moving posts. I'm not sure how well I would do with a canon character, seeing as I usually wind up changing their personas in some way or another over time...it's just hard to keep them as "in character" for me as they should probably stay really.  :rolleyes:

If I did attempt a canon character, I might go with Chomper...he's the youngest and perhaps has room for some character development anyways. Although, like I said I'm still unsure about it. I get paranoid with if I'm keeping a character true to their canon personas or not sometimes. :huh:

I have my own original character, Gitta (a Velociraptor), however I can also certainly see the problem in a plot getting overtaken with original characters and the canon characters not having much involvement in the story. :blink:

Just in case I might join up or start a roleplay, here's Gitta's information. Still pondering over Chomper, though. :unsure:

Name: Gitta (pronounced Gee-tah)

Species: Velociraptor

Color: Tawny crimson, tan markings and eyes a stunning ember. Russet color feathers along her head.

Appearance: Young raptor, slender, elongated tail serves as a balance and sturdy, muscular hind legs make her a powerful jumper and speedy runner.

Persona: Gitta is intelligent yet aggressive, naive and still learning, she's often mischievous and inquisitive to world around her.  

I'm working on her story. :)

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Name:
Odottaen [Oh-doe-TA-en], or simple Odo
Yes, it's not one of the traditional simple dinosaur names, but hey, the dude's a Pachycephalosaurus - they practically have their own society!

Species:
Domehead/Pachycephalosaurus

Little Notes:
I tend to make long posts, or at least longer then the ones seen on this site. I don't plan to use Odo much - he's a loner, dislikes company, and hasn't been in the Great Valley - but the little time he'll be evident in the role-play(s) I'll try to get some character development into him.
ª Odo lives in the Mysterious Beyond, mainly near the immediate surrounding area of the Great Valley's walls, even though he moves to a new place every day

Description: in bullet-points for your convenience
ª Lost his left eye during a scuffle with a sharptooth
ª Is old. Would be 67 in human years
ª His color scheme is like all the other Pachy's of the series - dark gray body and light gray underside with a line of black rivets going along his back and tail
ª Has orange eyes

Personality: also bullet-pointed
ª Is slightly culturized - he knows some of the language the leaf-eaters from the Great Valley speak, but nothing else
ª Is very easily offended
ª Loner
ª His kind [I'm going off on a non-canon tangent] speaks using both vocal and physical movements. There cannot be one without the other. For Pachy's, to think a thought is to speak it, thus the concept of deceiving has never existed in their culture and never will, for they are physically incapable of lying
ª Odo is very stoic, and hardly ever displays his emotions outside of disappointment and rage, even though his anger is usually very brief but explosive and dangerous
ª Is racist against all four-legged dinosaurs

That's it for now - I'm not going to talk about his history because no one really cares about that kind of stuff.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Reesk

Species: Fastbiter/Dienonychus

Description: Red ridges above eyes. Mostly green with Dark green stripes. Yellow eyes. Excellent jumper.

Personality: Cautious and intelligent. Sarcastic, sometimes even to the point a condecsention. However, rather shy around differant Sharptooth species. He has a strong instinct to be in a pack, but cannot seem to find one.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Timber

• Ruby
    • View Profile
heres mine, if there any objections too it I will delete

Name: Timber

Species: Deinonychus (Raptor)

Eye color: Red (left) White (right)

Skin Tone: He is a grey raptor with orenge stricks on his back and legs.

Likes: Watching herds of leaf eaters as they pass by, and Bathing in the water

Hates: Lack of food, and smelly fruit trees

Bio: Timber is a cleaver sharptooth, able too lure his prey too caves and forest he got his nick name from his family. Being well traveled Timber preferse not too hunt in packs like the rest of his kind but instead he hunts alone or scalvenge off the remains of kills left behind. One redemeened quality too him is his ablity too talk like the leaf eaters making easy too stay clear of packs and only kill the sick or injured. He loves walking around the great beyound and makes a game out of tracking

Look at the second raptor