The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Go to Pizza Hut!

Petrie. · 13 · 3296

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
It's an old commercial but its relevant because we're always itching for the "deleted scenes" from LBT....and you get a couple of pieces that didn't make the final cut.  :)

I put it on my own site because I hate the retrojunk player it comes up in. >.<

LBT Pizza Hut Commercial (circa 1988?)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Oh my days! I remember those rubber hand puppets! :o I used to own 3 of them, (minus Cera). Dont think our version of that commercial was too far from that. I'm pretty sure I've got those puppets about somewhere...I distinctly remember not liking the Spike one for some reason. Can't remember why exactly but I was only about 3-4 years old at the time! LOL

Wow! That brought back some memories! Thanks for that Roger!  :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I've the Littlefoot from that series.
Quite remarkable that indeed this cut scene was not shown anywhere else!
Good job Adam! Another scene for our collection of outcut scenes!  :D  :DD
The "now we'll always be together!" is definitely not in the movie. I never saw it anywhere else either. The scene with Ducky cutting faces made it into one LBT trailer in spite of the fact that it was not in the actual movie. Where did you find this old pizza hut clip Adam?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I found that on retrojunk.com (you can see the watermark in the bottom right) but you're forced to view it through a web-version of WMP, and its better to use whatever is installed on your computer...that's why I put the clip on my own site...because you're forced to use what's on your computer...and it looks much better that way. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, that was most interesting!  Thanks for posting that up, RR :wow Nifty stuff.  I've actually never heard of, nor seen, those hand puppets before.

I guess this was before my time (I was 2 years old when this was made :p)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What action9000 said :lol:

I've never heard of those puppets before. Hehe :P:

Thx for postin this up RR!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Owned the Cera one of that.  However, it ended up getting ripped by some lousy baby and had to be thrown out!  :mad :cry2

Malte is right!  The "Now we'll always be together" is not in the movie.  However, it would've been great if it was. :) I feel that would've been a perfect ending. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually preferred the approach that the filmmakers took with the ending in the final cut.  The effect produced by the nonverbal communication is more powerful than words could have created.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I never saw the commercial before, but I did get a Spike puppet from Pizza Hut that time.  I know it's lost in my house somewhere. <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I actually preferred the approach that the filmmakers took with the ending in the final cut. The effect produced by the nonverbal communication is more powerful than words could have created.
I agree that not all of the outcut scenes would have necessarily made LBT better. Yet that will certainly not stop me (and many of you) from trying to track down as many outcut scenes as possible  :D
As for this particular scene I think it is neither missed in the movie nor would it make the movie worse if it had been included. The words kind of remind me of the title "If we hold on together". Those words were never actually uttered in LBT.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess we all have our own opinion about that line. :)

And I consider it a HIGH amount of luck that I got my favorite out of all of The Gang of Five. :) I just wish it was never ripped. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Am I the only one here with all five of them???  :o  If you watch that commercial again, look who's missing.  No idea why our little pterosaur wasn't included!!!!  :angry:  :angry:

However, there is a Petrie one, and a Sharptooth one to go along with the four shown in that commercial.  Petrie's colors are really queer...lots of light blue for some reason.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just saw the ad and I noticed two cut scenes and of course whenever I watch an 80's pizza hut ad I can't help but pause and almost drool at the pizza :lol  it must've been great back then to bad I wasn't born in the 80s. I used to have the Spike hand puppet I remember  I got from a garage sale  and they also and Petrie (I don't remember if its the blue version or the batman version) and me and my sister confused it for petrie's mother  :p