The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Civilization 4/5 Multiplayer games?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi guys, a few of us here (namely Malte279, rhombus and vonboy as well as yours truly) have been playing Civ 4 online for a long time already and it was tons of fun each time we did! Now I do know that some more of our members here have civ 4 and/or 5 installed on their systems so I really wonder if there is interest for more players to join these games?

Since it is quite unlikely to get many players from all around the world to play at the same time, it will be difficult to arrange such a game but, luckily, the games offer options for that as well if necessary which I will explain once I know how many people may be interested in such a GoF game of Civ (with a bit of dedication, we could even have some fun playing as if we were LBT characters, writings stories from their perspective as we play the game, but that's just a funny idea of mine... or make our own LBT mod. It's easy to mod these games, even I can make some changes and I know absolutely nothing about modding :p)

Either way, I would be very happy if there were more players to have fun playing those games with in the future :yes

EDIT: Darn it! I think I made this poll multiple choice by accident  :bang
Inactive, probably forever.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Well, you know I'm always up for a good game of Civ5... So count me in and just say where and when! :DD

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Had this question been asked a few years ago, I would have seriously considered saying yes to the offer.

Unfortunately, as I've already stated a few times (most recently in the Whatcha Playing topic), the Civilization games have simply become way too time-consuming for me these days. I am currently playing through Civ V: Brave New World, and I have already planned out most of the games I intend to play, with the hope that I can finish all of it by the end of the year. Once I'm done with that, that'll be the last time I intend to ever play any Civilization game.

Believe me, I really do wish I could be able to join in on such a multiplayer game. I really do love playing the Civilization games. It's just a shame that I need to eventually face the reality that I just can't keep this up for much longer.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure. I'm up for a round of Civ 5 every now and then.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm up for a match in either version, but you probably already knew that, Ducky. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

bumping this because I think I have some really cool project in mind concerning civ 4 that might have a few players here interested, I only need to know how many players we could possibly get.

Here's the idea:

I'm having a really good idea for a self-made map that people could play on either on live-multiplayer or via e-mail or the pitboss system (though I do not know how to get one of the latter running yet). If I had a fix number of people willing to join such a game, then I could build a map based on the idea and we could play on it  :smile

We currently play with 4 people (rhombus, vonboy, zero-point and me) so I'm guessing we'd be at least 4 people. Maybe Malte would like to join or... I don't know who else...  If you have the game or want to get it (I can give you some tutorial on how to play :P), it'd be cool to have some feedback!

And I guess the likeliest game version would be the option via e-mail though such a game will take several months even if we play fast.

Any details could be talked about once the circle of players is determined. And I can also tell you a little bit about the details concerning the idea though not all since that'd be something you need to discover within the game :)

~Ducky  :wave
Inactive, probably forever.