The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Trust: A Roleplay Idea

Akiko · 5 · 1379

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Alright, I'm gonna give this a chance...before actually posting an introduction and a roleplay thread, I figured why not see just how many people are actually interested in this roleplay idea. :unsure:

While I have the starting idea, roughly inspired from a LBT fan fiction I started writing over two years ago, there is a new thought that's been playing through my mind recently though, and the general idea is this: Alright, we know Chomper and his parents somehow got off that island (seeing that he's now staying in the Great Valley with the others); certainly they knew other sharpteeth along the way. Somehow they met up with Ruby and her family too (yes, yes...I'm watching too much of the tv series. I can't help it. :rolleyes:)

The velociraptor is known to be a clever creature; what if one earned the trust of Chomper and his parents (long before coming to the Great Valley/the time frame tv series). What if Chomper taught this raptor the language of the herbivores (since clearly, he seems to be the only sharptooth who can communicate to them). Is this possible? A crazy thought? Would he even do it?  :blink: Naturally, all these questions come to mind. Just curious what you guys think.

Clearly, the raptor would see this knowledge as helpful to getting closer to and tricking said herbivores. Say the raptor comes across the Great Valley later on; Littlefoot and the other's connection to Chomper may prove dangerous if it does. Perhaps the raptor would earn their trust too, and well...plots could stir up from this. It's just a curious little idea that keeps poking me and telling me to post it and see what everyone else thinks.

The timeframe for the roleplay may work nicely as "present time" (aka tv series?); that way we can involve all the main characters (also, Chomper still trusting the raptor would further encourage the others to trust her as well). My character in this would actually be that raptor, her name is Gitta (I posted her information in the Characters thread). Canon characters as well as originals would work fine in it.

The other little idea spinning from this is (and I've seen many people wondering this, myself included) that it may allow us to answer the question of how and why just how Ruby and Chomper came to the Great Valley/the herds' reactions and etc. Even if this part isn't played out, perhaps it'll find mention in here.

I know, this is generally just a 'start it out and take it from there' kind of plot, to me though...that's half the fun, creating as you go along.  :P:

Also, I'm a sap for the sharpteeth and constantly find myself interested in the "predator/prey" relationships (and friendships where they manage to form).

See whatcha' think and let me know if anyone would like to roleplay something like this. Any suggestions or other ideas that may help this are also welcome. Looking forward to roleplaying.  :^.^:

Akiko

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
It seems like an okay idea - I haven't role-played Land Before Time before, so it'll be interesting. As for Chomper teaching the Velociraptor to speak [and here I'm guessing the Velo isn't the real 3-foot-tall ones], I'm not sure Chomper would actually do that unless he knew the Velociraptor for a long time, since hatching, maybe, which seems unlikely to me.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It's one of the plots around here that I actually find promising. I think it would be a great RP, and perfect to use Sy in.

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Hrm, well if you guys are interested I guess I could go ahead and start a thread..the only problem I'm seeing as we probably need more people to rp as canon characters. So, unless we just start out with originals...:huh: And yes, Gitta is a Velociraptor; not like the ones in Jurassic Park that (realistically) are more the size of Utahraptors. I think the actual Velociraptor is around the size of a wolf, plus Gitta's still young and kind of on the tiny size as it is. :lol

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm going to have Odottaen (see the Character List thread) as my character for this role-play, but it wouldn't make much sense for me to start. How about you make the first post, Akiko? I don't really plan on Odo being a frequent character in this thread - he doesn't live in the Great Valley, after all.