The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Request

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Greetings, my fellow RPG players. just giving everyone a kind of heads up on my situation.

since I've been living back at home with my folks,, there have been some pretty nasty circumstances... Even though I am at the age of 25, it seems I'm being treated like a teenager. I have rules I have to follow now, and limitations...

this includes time restraints, my step dad seems to had just started making a rule that I'm only allowed on this machine 30 minutes a night... he might even make it per day if things keep going the way they're going.

the fox is agitated... very agitated.. and depressed. a feeling of defeat or something along those lines... but I'll continue to try and tough things out and make my mark here as I've been doing in the past year, or since I've been apart of these forums.

I'm currently trying to find my way out of this mess, which means having to find a job and getting a place of my own. which I have no problem wanting to do, the problem is succeeding in it...

I have good faith that things will get better, but it usually requires that things get worst before they get better... these are times that I regret moving back in with my folks, if I had stayed where I was, I'd had kept my freedoms and liberties. but alas! I moved here for a reason, and I'm bound determined to face it... I've got big things on my mind, a grand lifestyle that I must work towards.

But really, before I keep trailing away and rambling like this, I should state the purpose of this thread...

I'm asking that some of you try to slow down a bit in posting to the RP's, due to my limitations, its hard for me to go back and read through the posts and make my entries in time. At least in the RP's that I'm heavily involved in.

Also, those of you with a kind God fearing mind, I ask you to pray for me, and my situation... its not terrible, but its got me feeling discouraged in my ambitions...

thanks for youer time, guys.. and happy RP'ing!

- AvestheFox

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Yes I will honor your request Aves. And as a Christian believer I will pray for your return of good fortune. Here's to hoping everything you want becomes reality.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on getting a great job and a great place to live.  

I think the only rp threads we are both in are the Insane Cafe and The Wish, so in those I"ll post only once a day, till you can more easily keep up.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Agreed, Lord Aves!  
I'll slow down action in Armageddon, as well.  
I pray for you success, friend, and hope that things will improve soon.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm not involved in any of the relevant rps. I quite agree with you that at 25 one should be able to manage one's own time...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I support this as well. I'm going through something similar. I have no computer, iPhone, or iPod. As I have said previously, my parents are evil. EVIL.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You have my condolences. Best of luck to you Aves!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We all hope things go well for you.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Apr 29 2008 on  02:05 PM
I support this as well. I'm going through something similar. I have no computer, iPhone, or iPod. As I have said previously, my parents are evil. EVIL.
my friend, I take no disciplinary parent as 'evil' sometimes when you cant have the things you want due to your parents taking them away from you, its usually their way of communicating a message that things need work. in your case, I'm not sure how old you are, but it may be school, perhaps your grades need improvement, or it may be that they cant afford those things that you claim you want so bad.

in my case, my folks are getting it across to me that I need to get my priorities straight, I need a job and a place of my own, only then can I go by my own rules and do the things I want to do.

I understand my parent's actions, not that I like them, but since I am living under their roof, I have to abide by their rules. Its only fair to them though at times it may seem unfair to me.

Just today they sat me down for a talk, they think I'm putting my literature work before my getting my life straight. I would had argued that if I were to finish my writing and get it published, then I may can live the life that I want, but I saw their meaning, and I could not argue, so now it seems I need to either put all my projects on the back burner until I get a job and a place of my own, or I set short times on my schedule to work on them, to where it wont interfere with my job hunting and finding a place to live.

Life can be cruel at times, but often it has a reason... not that I have to like it. but sometimes I need to take off those binders that are blinding me to certain truths to understand what's there