The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Time Before Twilight Previews

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, everyone, KK23 here. Now a majority of you know me from fanfiction.net as Key19. There I have a Land Before Time story that crosses over with Kingdom Hearts 2 known as A Time Before Twilight. You may read the story at fanfiction.net in the Land Before Time section if you are a fan of Kingdom Hearts 2 or just curious. Keep in mind in needs a few tweaks here and there..not just only errors, but the story needs a tiny little change. Anywho, I am juggling between this story and another story, and their are many people who often nag me to update the story. So, in response to this, I have decided to give the readers a preview of each chapter once I get far enough in it. I choose the moments that won't be full of spoilers.

The preview I have today is of Chapter IX of the story. Enjoy the preview.

Chapter IX: Night of Anticipation

About an hour or so has past ever since Littlefoot and his friends parted ways with the four enigmatic dinosaurs who came from the Mysterious Beyond. It has only been two hours since Littlefoot has met them, and already he has grown rather fond of them. Littlefoot was rather curious and excited when it came to meeting someone new, and he was always looking forward to making new friends. He especially thought that Sora was someone he could easily become friends with. His mind was still baffled by constant questions about Sora and why he has this strange feeling he has known him. Has he met him before? Or did he know someone who had a similar personality like Sora? Either way, Littlefoot had this strong hunch in his stomach that with Sora, Donald, and Goofy around, things were about to become interesting...and most of Littlefoot’s premonitions often came to fruition whenever someone new came to the valley who was intriguing.

Littlefoot and his grandfather slowly made their way back to their nesting ground as the moon slowly rose from the peak of the high mountains. The darken sky was illuminated with millions of stars. The atmosphere was cool and crisp. Everything seem so peaceful and calming as the two made their way back home. Littlefoot used to enjoy the nighttime; he would become exhilarated by the sheer beauty of the shiny stars that twinkled in the sky. He would hear water lap down rivers and streams since they were not too far from it. He also loved seeing the shooting stars fly over his head. Now with the sharpclaws roaming about, sometimes it was hard to enjoy something when you had to constantly keep your eyes out for creatures that could lunge out from the deepest shadows and instantly end your meaningful life. However, Littlefoot was not too bother by the sharpclaws, but he sometimes felt a bit agitated that they would try to attack him when he least expected it.

Littlefoot and his grandfather stopped on their way home to get some treestars to satisfy their large appetite. The young long neck could never get enough treestars. The chewy surface, the juicy taste that went down his throat; he loved treestars so much. He felt like his stomach became as heavy as a rock from eating so many. Littlefoot even felt like he ate as much as Spike usually eats.

“Ooh,” he lightly groaned. “I think I’ve eaten too much, Grandpa. I sometimes wonder how Spike can eat that much.”

Littlefoot’s grandfather chuckled, “Good question, Littlefoot. Spike does seem to have a perpetual appetite. Not even I or your grandma can eat that much!”

Littlefoot lightly chuckled as well. After finishing up, the two continued to make their way back to the nesting ground. Littlefoot stood close to his grandfather, just in case a sharpclaw swiftly appeared out of the bushes and ambushed them. As they walked, Littlefoot made conversation to pass the time to get back home.

“How was your day, grandpa?” Littlefoot spoke up.

“A rather busy and tedious day, Littlefoot,” Littlefoot’s grandfather replied. “We had to meet and greet many of the visitors that came into the valley this morning and afternoon. I have to admit in all my years I have never seen that many dinosaurs come to seek the safe haven of our valley.”

“They came because of the sharpclaws, huh, grandpa?” Littlefoot asked, though he already knew the answer.

Littlefoot’s grandfather nodded, a slight despondent look appearing on his face as he and Littlefoot stopped walking

“Unfortunately, yes,” Littlefoot’s grandfather nodded. “I feel sorry for them. They traveled all this way, enduring the many dangerous obstacles that stood before them in hopes of escaping a menacing threat. Sadly, they ended up walking right into the threat again.”

Littlefoot nodded in agreement. It had to be tough, considering the dinosaurs had to make such a long journey to get here. It was probably just as difficult as the journeys they took to get to the valley in the first place, and they put in so much effort just to escape the sharpclaws, but in the end their attempts were futile, despite the fact that they accomplished their goal to reach the valley.

“Do they even know yet?” asked Littlefoot curiously.

“They will tomorrow,” Littlefoot’s grandfather confirmed. “We’ve decided to hold a meeting in response to this. Once we reveal to them that the sharpclaws also reside within the valley, I am more than certain they will be come overly distressed. I’m not sure where we would go from there. We still have no clue as to where the sharpclaws came from.”

Littlefoot smiled optimistically. He was not about to lose hope yet.

“Don’t worry, grandpa,” Littlefoot said, trying to perk his grandfather up. “I know you and the other grownups will figure something out. As long as we don’t give up, there is always be a miracle that can save us.”

Littlefoot’s grandfather remembered what Mr. Thicknose said to him early about miracles. He remembered the many miracles that have happened in the past that saved their lives. When they ran out of green food in the valley, they had to journey away for awhile until the healthy vegetation returned. They thought they would never find a place to temporary live, but if they never gave up and eventually found salvation. It was because of the dinosaurs’ determination that they found shelter and were blessed with a miracle. Without that kind of determination, they would have surely perished off of the face of the earth. Same situation was involved when they ran out of water, if they gave up, they would have never found the miracle that restored the water to the valley.

Littlefoot’s enthusiastic and upbeat attitude helped him regain his confidence. He never felt down whenever he was with Littlefoot. In fact, the biggest miracle of all was when Littlefoot managed to find his way to the valley. He could have never asked for a better one. A smile found its way across his face as he turned back to Littlefoot

“I’m sure you’re right, Littlefoot,” Littlefoot’s grandfather said. “We won’t rest until we can return the valley back to the peaceful land it once was. In the meanwhile, just remember to stay close to the valley, and if you run into trouble, let your grandma and I know.”

Littlefoot’s grandfather lowered his head to Littlefoot who approached him and gave him a loving nudge to the cheek.

“Don’t worry, grandpa,” Littlefoot assured him. “I will.”

“That’s my boy,” Littlefoot’s grandfather said proudly. “Come on! Let’s not keep your grandma waiting any longer.”

Littlefoot smiled, “Okay.”

The two continued to walk until they finally arrived at their nesting ground. Waiting for them was Littlefoot’s grandmother. She slowly stood up and walked over to greet them.

“Well, if it isn’t my two men coming home from a long day.” Littlefoot’s grandmother smiled gently.

She then lowered her head over, so Littlefoot could come and nudge it. Littlefoot slowly nudged his little cheek back and forth through his grandmother’s big cheek. It felt so warm and comforting to him whenever he did that.

“Hi, grandma.” Littlefoot replied.

“Hello, my little one.” Littlefoot’s grandmother said warmly.

The two released their nudge and Littlefoot’s grandmother turned to her mate, nudging him next.

“Hello, dear,” Littlefoot’s grandmother greeted him. The two then released their nudge. “How did it go today?”

“Well, it took awhile, but we managed to let everyone know about the meeting tomorrow,” Littlefoot’s grandfather explained. “Hopefully we can resolve this situation.”

Littlefoot’s grandmother nodded with a look of hope in her eyes, “I hope you’re right.”

Deciding to change the mood of the conversation, she turned to Littlefoot.

“So, Littlefoot, how was your day?” Littlefoot’s grandmother asked.

Littlefoot’s eyes lit up in excitement, “It was great, grandma! We made some new friends today!”

“You did?” Littlefoot’s grandmother replied. “How lovely!”

“Yes, I noticed Littlefoot was conversing with them when I came to get him earlier,” Littlefoot’s grandfather said. “Littlefoot took the time to show them around the valley, and they appear to be nice dinosaurs. I will admit one thing though; there is something about them that seems a bit unusual.”

“What do you mean?” Littlefoot’s grandmother asked, slightly worried.

Her mate shook his head, “I’m not sure. I had this strange feeling that these four were not out of the ordinary, but I guess it was just first impressions. We do get some interesting and mysterious creatures that come to the valley, so maybe it’s just me.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing, grandpa,” Littlefoot said. “Besides, they’re really friendly. I don’t see any reason to be worried about them.”

Littlefoot’s grandfather nodded, “You’re right, Littlefoot. I don’t think we have to worry. It’s just good to know you’re already making friends with the dinosaurs that came into the valley today.”

Before Littlefoot replied, he let out a big yawn. He was beginning to feel drowsy from the long and exciting day he’s had. He was ready to rest his head against the nice soft ground and shut his eyes for a long deserved sleep. He turned to his grandparents with his eyes half open.

“I’m getting tired,” Littlefoot yawned. “I think I’m going to go to sleep.”

“Yes, you had a very big day, Littlefoot,” Littlefoot’s mother said gently. “It’s time you got some rest.”

“I think we all deserve some sleep after a day like today,” Littlefoot’s grandfather chuckled. “Tomorrow we have a long day ahead of us, so we should most defiantly rest up.”

Littlefoot and his grandparents settled down into their usual spots, and they stretched out their bodies. They could feel their muscles tighten as they stretched out. As they released it, they relaxed back into their normal laid out position. Littlefoot curled himself into a ball and rested his head on the smooth ground; giving a soft sigh as he drifted off towards sleep. The only sound the three longnecks could hear now was the small little critters making small noises that echoed throughout the area. The wind lightly blue through the trees, causing them to lightly rustle. While he wasn’t full asleep yet, Littlefoot began to think about the strange dream he had last night; the one about his mother. He shivered from the strange distorted voice he heard from his mother.

“From within the light comes the dark!” said the voice in his head.

Littlefoot shivered in fear at that voice; the voice that once comfort him and made him feel safe. And what were these strange things she mentioned called warriors? Littlefoot has had some pretty bizarre dreams in his day, but this one took the cake. The young longneck could not shake that dream out of his head. It stuck to his mind like a magnet. He wondered if he would have another dream like the one he had. He hoped not. If he did, he decided that he’d consult his grandparents about it. For now he finally got the thought out of his head and fell into a peaceful night’s sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

There is the preview. You will need to read the story to understand what's going on. Since this is a website dedicated to the characters of Land Before Time, most previews will either feature the LBT characters seperately or feature the LBT characters with the Kingdom Hearts characters. Sometimes, however, there may be focus on the KH characters by themselves in a preview. I will hopefully have the whole chapter up soon, so those of you who know me stay tuned.

KingdomKey23

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Pretty good preview! Can't wait to read the full chapter when it's out! Keep up the good work, my friend.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, guys! I'm back! For any of you who lost hope and thought ATBT was dead, well fear not! A Time Before Twilight is alive and kicking! Today is the first preview of Chapter X: The Invasion Begins. The preview takes about a few pages into the chapter. Enjoy! ^^

Utter silence....complete emptiness. That is what he was experiencing. The only sound he could hear was his heart beating rambunctiously with apprehension as if something was going to assail him at any given moment. He looked around, confused and scared. The only thing he could see was a fog that was thicker than pea soup. It was so thick that he could not see anything in front of him. He jerked his head left and right, hoping that he might see something else besides the fog. The area he was in fairly lit, so he could at least see himself.

Littlefoot had no idea as to how he ended up in this place. The only thing he can remember was drifting off into sleep. Was it a dream? Was it a reality? It was all ambiguous to him. It could be a dream, but at the same time it felt so real to him; he could feel a light cool breeze, and from what he can recollect about dreams, you could not feel anything about them. He let out a desperate cry for help, hoping someone would hear it.

“Grandma! Grandpa!” he cried. “Where are you?”

Unfortunately, the only sound he got in response was the sound of his echo, slowly fading away into the background. He sighed in disappointment, apparently nobody heard him. He then mulled over what to do. He could either stay put, or make a run for it, but he knew that the latter would be a bad option. He would not be able to see where he was going and he could either run into an obstacle or fall off a ledge. It was best that he stayed put, hopefully until the fog tied over. By then he could hopefully leave the spot he was in. All of a sudden, Littlefoot heard something from within the fog gently whisper to him. The voice that he heard caused his heart to suddenly stop. He instantly knew who that voice belonged to.

“Littlefoot...my Littlefoot...” the voice whispered.

“Mother?” Littlefoot asked as he leaned closer towards the direction of her voice. “Mother, is that you?”

“My dear...sweet Littlefoot...” she whispered. “The awakening of light will soon commence.”

Littlefoot just starred into the fog with a look of disbelief. His mother had always told him things that were hard for him to understand, such as, “Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.” However, he at least had some interpretation of that phrase, but what his mother was saying right now was something he could not fathom at all.

“What are you talking about, mother?” Littlefoot asked her. “What awakening light?”

“Soon...you and the key of destiny will guide that light to its destination....” she continued.

Littlefoot’s teeth started to clench in frustration. Clearly, he had enough of his mother speaking in riddles. This has been going on his dreams for two nights now, and he had a strong hunch that his mother may be trying to communicate with him from beyond the grave. He wanted answers, and he wanted them now.

“Mother!” Littlefoot called out with a fierce tone in his voice. “Why are you speaking to me like this? Please! What are you trying to tell me? Is something going to happen?”

“Littlefoot...this is something you must figure out for yourself...” she replied gently. “Let your heart and your sleep stories guide you to the answer.”

Upon saying “answer,” the voice echoed and faded out until it was hardly audible. Littlefoot gasped in surprise as he realized his mother was leaving him. He was not ready for her to leave. There was so much he wanted to tell her. He was not going to just stand there and lose her again. Without giving it a second thought, the young longneck ran as fast he could towards the direction of his mother’s voice.

“Mother!” Littlefoot hollered in dismay. “Don’t leave me! Please, come back!”

Littlefoot continued to run aimlessly through the fog, not taking any consideration into where he was going. At that point he could care less about what happened to him, just so long as he could see his mother again. He continued running until he could no longer feel the friction of the floor he was running on. In fact, it now felt like he was running on air. At this point he knew that he was not on solid ground anymore. The force of gravity pushed on Littlefoot and he started falling in midair. His cries of terror could he heard throughout the entire area. He felt like his skin was about to be ripped from his entire body as the wind pushed unceremoniously on his body. The worse part about falling for him was the fact that he had no clue as to when it would end. He could not see anything in this thick fog.

Suddenly, a red circle appeared about twenty feet below him. The young longneck wondered what the circle was and where was it going to take him. As he got closer, his eyes widened in terror upon realizing what that circle actually was. It was in reality the mouth of a sharptooth; he could notice the razor sharpteeth on the side. Littlefoot became even more frighted now, knowing that he was about to become someone’s lunch, and here he was, helpless to do anything about. He wanted to shut his eyes, so that he did not have to see what was going on, but he was too scared to even blink. Littlefoot fell right into the mouth, hearing a fierce roar, and everything went black.

"NO!!!"

A/N: What will happen next? Find out in the full chapter at the end of the month. XD Expect a second preview soon.

KingdomKey23

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Very interesting and well written previews.

Thanks, man! You can view the full story at fanfiction.net.