The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...tApWo-J8N&hl=en
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...tApWo-J8N&hl=en

Besides Who Framed Roger Rabbit this is the only other time where cartoon characters from across studios are seen in the same picture.  McDonalds paid for all the rights to have these characters placed side by side to help kids say "no" to drugs and drug addiction.  Its from 1990 and a bit long in the tooth since all the cartoon tv shows represented (except for Winnie the Pooh) are no longer in production.

Very cool though, and a good message to boot. :) :)

Cartoons represented:

Winnie the Pooh
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Ghostbusters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Bugs Bunny Show
Garfield and Friends
Alf
Muppet Babies

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chessy, but it can be funny at times.  I can't remember if I watched this way back when or not.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I definitely remembered watching it once in school about 15 years back.  I thought the show was just about smoking cigarettes.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As I said, it was 15 years ago since I saw it...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was fun watching it.   I recalled some of the cartoons I use to watch way back then.  I wonder who they would use if they were to do something like that today.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if they would do something similar these days.  About a few weeks ago, I watched a program that aired on several popular networks about meth and how it affects people in many ways.  It was amazingly graphic with what meth can do to people.  I already knew not to take drugs like that, but that program opened my eyes much more than anything I saw before on drugs.  They'll probably make the next marijuana program as straightforward as that.

Besides, I can't think of any of today's popular cartoon characters that can deliver the message.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Something like that documentary may do more then the cartoon did.  Though many will still continue to do drugs.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I remember it vaugley. I think I saw it a few years back when my friend rented it from the library.

I cant imagine the Avatar cast or even the people of Lazy Town getting together to do a 'dont do drugs' promotion...that would look so weird...