The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

PokÈmon (all)

Lain_EX · 25 · 3006

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who plays/had played PokÈmon here? Well, I do LOVE PokÈmon too! (it doesn't compare to LBT though)

If you like PokÈmon discuss everything here!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I used to be into it, and I still am, but I haven't found the time to "invest in it" lately, so to speak. I AM in the middle of a game on the red version, with the main purpose of making PokÈmon Stadium L2 easier. I got Mew, if that helps. :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've only played Red and Blue on Emulators. Beat them a few times. Oh well I have briefly played other versions as well. But I lost interest in the games rather quickly. They're all the same to me. The only things that seem to change is more Pokemon, new worlds, and new characters. But the gameplay is always the same. It just got boring for me rather quickly. I'd like to see something more original come out.

I don't mean any offense. I hope I didn't upset anyone.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you tried the rescue team game?

In my opinion, this is the best game in the series.  From a compelling storyline to the fact that the pokemon can actually say something besides their names, I think that any pokemon fan should try this game.  I hear that they are actually making a sequel.  Hopefully it'll be available for the GBA.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I heard it'll be released only for the Nintendo DS, since there aren't too many GBA releases recently.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anyways, let's talk about the ones out now that are all the craze.  Diamond and Peral for DS and Battle Revolution for the Wii.

I currently own all and am working on a team to handle the toughest part of Battle Revolution. (The final opponent holds the toughest legendaries on his team when at the highest level.  They even have good movesets to match.  So yeah, he's cheaply tough. ;))

The new 110 pokemon are SO cool.  The rules have completely changed from when you once knew them.  Even the masters of the 3rd Gen. have some new rules to go by.  One intresting change for the 4th Gen is that instead of the attack being determined by type, (i.e. Water as Special, Normal as Physical, etc.) now they are determined by the attack itself. (i.e. Surf is Special, Waterfall is Physical.) On top of that, there are brand new attacks that work in brand new ways. (i.e. the move Punishment depends on how much your opponent powers up.) I am greatly loving this!

There is so much new info that I might as well give you the hottest Pokemon website around that can give you all the info you need.  You can find it all here:

http://www.serebii.net.

No need to be a member of the wonderful community.  It's free to all. :^.^:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I only enjoyed the GB Games.  I guess cuz it's more thinking than action.  I really don't like action games too much.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I love the first few games, but its become 'same old, same old, nothing new' for the last few...half a decade.

I hate all the TV series surrounding the show, though.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I just love the old gameboy games. Don't really care much for the others.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I actually enjoyed the anime Pokemon a lot more than I ever enjoyed playing the games. I don't really like the anime much anymore though because they just keep going and going and going.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the anime, and still do, but a lot of the clichÈs are starting to get at me. It's really silly.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I used to like the series, but I kinda lost track of them and I don't get some of the things they do. :huh: I still love the games tho.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The older tv series (first seasons) are actually not too bad because Ash is actually human and makes mistakes. :rolleyes:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 23 2007 on  02:14 PM
The older tv series (first seasons) are actually not too bad because Ash is actually human and makes mistakes. :rolleyes:
Are you implying he makes no mistakes in the latter seasons? Because I've seen him slip off several times in recent times.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And it's not human to learn from your mistakes and plan strategies and such? :)

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I must admit Ash became a dang good trainer, but I think he's pushing things to the limit, moreso way out of it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Aug 23 2007 on  02:30 PM
Are you implying he makes no mistakes in the latter seasons? Because I've seen him slip off several times in recent times.
So it seems he hardly falters.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Besides the fiasco that occurred in the Battle Frontier episode, "Battling the Enemy Within" (WARNING: episode spoiler in provided link), have you noticed that Jesse and James of Team Rocket could wear a pair of Groucho glasses and Ash wouldn't recognize them?

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Yeah.  That's pretty much the only thing I hate about Ash.  He's so gullible.  lol  Oh, and the fact that his voice changed in the last season and he now sounds like he has a sore throat.

Anyway, I happen to be a hardcore veteran fan of the pokemon franchise.  In fact, the first video game I truly owned was pokemon yellow and the games have stuck with me ever since.  And even though my interest in Pokemon dwindles from time to time I wind up getting back into it every time a new generation comes out.  (I currently have pokemon yellow, red, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire and pearl)

As for people who say the show is stupid.  They don't know what they're saying.  Because the japanese version of the show happens to be just as complex as the games.  Despite the repetitive incidents of team rocket capturing pikachu, there's a perfectly logical explanation for why there are now TEN seasons.  THE ORIGINAL SHOW IN JAPAN IS SO DAMN GOOD!  In the Japanese original the voice acting is top quality and they actually use swear words and the characters behave in a more mature manner than they do in the english dub.  So don't blame the show, blame the american dubbers for believing that any anime that doesn't have blood and PG to R violence should be made for kids.  In one japanese episode that was banned for the use of "projectile weapons,"(the safari zone episode where the game warden pointed a revolver at his face) James actually says "You're starting to piss me off!"

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The last pokemon movie I've seen was made in 2003 so I really have no idea what pokemon is anymore.  I was totally obsessed with it ages 7-10 though.  It went from pokemon to starwars to LBT. :D

I still do like pokemon.  I only have the old vhs tapes though.  I've only seen a few after Ash got through the pokemon legue or whatever and I didn't like them much.  After Brock left, things just turned to crap.  No more ideas came out from what I saw.  They're solution to everything now is "let's add new characters!"  What are there, like 500 pokemon now? :huh:

I love all the gb games and I sorta got to liking one game for n64, but not that much.