The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DeviantArt Question

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Question Answered. Thanks DarkHououmon and Caustizer! :)

Just a simple question, feel free to lock thread or do whatever you do to threads like this when a question is answered.. :p

I've visited DeviantArt many times and thought it would be kinda cool to sign up one of these days, but the question that's been bugging me.. Is it free? Like no 30 day trial and then you have to pay monthly? you dont have to pay in order to get some of these really cool stuff, do you?

another question is, is it safe? I've browsed the site a couple times and noticed that there was a virus detected from the site(I quickly exit when said virus is detected and start scan ASAP. i wait a day or two and return to see if everything hunky dory. So far i haven't gotten any virus detections from there in quite a long time.)

So, is it safe? :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yes it's free. There is an option for a subscription but you don't need to get it. Yes it is safe, but like any site it may redirect you to a rogue if it's hijacked (momentarily of course, it's happened to me once and my sister once and it's rare); all you need to do is close out of the browser and reopen it starting fresh.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was once redirected to a rogue on Deviantart... $90.00 later my computer is finally fixed.  Be careful if you do join up not to click on any of the ads.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oky Dokes, Thanks Dark :)

So you say, Caustizer? thanks for the heads up :) I shall watch out for the adds :)