The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sharptooth in the series?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah chomper has grew on me but I guess I'll go with the original one.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 18 2017 on  03:43 AM
Yeah chomper has grew on me but I guess I'll go with the original one.
Chomper differs considerably in each installment. In LBT II he says very little and is funny, in LBT V he talks a lot and has a different personality than in LBT Series and LBT XIV: Journey of the Brave. So I can see why he's had to grow on you, there hasn't been a lot of consistency until recently regarding his character, the same goes for Topsy/Mr. Threehorn.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of topsy since he is just a brainless idiot who doesn't think and just shoots out racist nonsense that's what I don't like about him.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 19 2017 on  12:38 AM
I'm not a fan of topsy since he is just a brainless idiot who doesn't think and just shoots out racist nonsense that's what I don't like about him.
I think it would have helped to have Topsy have some backstory where he saw Cera's mother die, and become bitter because no other Leaf Eaters helped.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah that would of helped fans understand why topsy turned out that way. But true maybe the other species didn't do anything to help like you said so he turned into a bitter character.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth:
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 18 2017 on  09:06 AM
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus) in The Land Before Time XIV: The Journey of the Brave.
Quote from: Snik,Apr 18 2017 on  11:29 AM
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus)
O_o
why?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
And the Land Before Time II when we first meet chomper at first I thought he would be annoying but his personality I kinda liked.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 19 2017 on  02:51 AM
@Gentle Sharptooth:
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus) in The Land Before Time XIV: The Journey of the Brave.
Quote from: Snik,Apr 18 2017 on  11:29 AM
My real favorite is the Horned Sharptooth (Carnotaurus)
O_o
why?
I like Carnotaurus, probably because of Disney's Dinosaur. I found the Horned Sharptooth to be quite threatening in Journey of the Brave, but they didn't utilize him nearly enough.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 19 2017 on  12:28 PM
I like Carnotaurus, probably because of Disney's Dinosaur. I found the Horned Sharptooth to be quite threatening in Journey of the Brave, but they didn't utilize him nearly enough.
So, you like character more because of his physical external appearance? :)
I like Original Sharptooth and Chomper because of their inner characters and their HUGE atmospheric influence on me and other LBT characters.
Sadly, almost all other sharpteeth are nothing but empty dummies without any role, influence or threat. :'( Poor sharpteeth...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah the only t-Rex that deserves recognition is the first one in movie one since he was awesome and kinda scary.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 19 2017 on  09:30 AM
Yeah the only t-Rex that deserves recognition is the first one in movie one since he was awesome and kinda scary.
I liked the Carnotaurus because in my humble opinion he had some characteristics of the Original Sharptooth, intimidation and a look that was sinister and even supernatural. It felt more terrified for Gang of Five when this Horned Sharptooth was after them than Feathered Headed Sharpteeth and all previous Sharpteeth save for the original.

To ADfan185, the Disney's Dinosaur:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That one was eh to okay I am glad I saw it tho. It didn't Leave any impact on me that's all. What did you think of the movie.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 19 2017 on  09:30 AM
I actually started a thread that shows major similarities of the Original Sharptooth to Horned Sharptooth. Check it out.