The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Things You Dislike About Video Games You Enjoy

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I've been playing this game as I recently obtained it.  And what I dislike about it is that there's way too much story development and dialogue or character interaction than there is game battles. I'm 1/3rd into the game and all I've done is run around cities checking things and talking to people or fixing their problems than fighting enemies or bosses. Nothing like the previous games. I feel that they tried simplifying this game for the casual gamers which is a trend that's spreading way too much. Ruining the good challenging games we used to love.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Truttle,Jan 5 2011 on  10:33 AM
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I've been playing this game as I recently obtained it.  And what I dislike about it is that there's way too much story development and dialogue or character interaction than there is game battles. I'm 1/3rd into the game and all I've done is run around cities checking things and talking to people or fixing their problems than fighting enemies or bosses. Nothing like the previous games. I feel that they tried simplifying this game for the casual gamers which is a trend that's spreading way too much. Ruining the good challenging games we used to love.
I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion about Dark Dawn. Dialogue and story development have always dominated over actual fighting and battles in the previous games. I think the only reason why people are being so hard on it now is because most RPG's have started to put more depth and detail into the dialogue and story, the biggest and probably best example being Mass Effect. This game is meant to serve as a look back to what RPG's used to be like in terms of the combat and overall structure, in which I think it succeeds greatly at. Sure, the talking can get annoying at some points, but I don't really mind it that much.

Halo Reach

I know t'bagging has been around forever, and I don't really care if the opposing team is winning. It's when the opposing team is losing that t'bagging gets on my nerves. I mean yes it's not a big deal and only serves as a minor annoyance, and I know people do it just to be d****, but still it can be very annoying some times.

Mass Effect 2

This may be a spoiler for those who haven't played the first game. In the second game, you get to use Garrus again, which I was very happy about. However, I was highly disappointed that you could not use Wrex, as he was my favorite character from the first game. If the story makes a deal about whether or not Wrex dies, you would think you could use him in the second game.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Brawl; Lagging wifi battles and disc is unable to be read issues come up too easily.

Halo Reach

I know t'bagging has been around forever, and I don't really care if the opposing team is winning. It's when the opposing team is losing that t'bagging gets on my nerves. I mean yes it's not a big deal and only serves as a minor annoyance, and I know people do it just to be d****, but still it can be very annoying some times.
:exactly

Sonic Colors; co-op play is a bit weak.

Dead Rising 2; It is just too similar to the first and it feels like nothing new was added.

Donkey kong country Returns; Don't play with your younger siblings or both of you will get killed.

Call Of Duty wii; connectivity issues.

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros Brawl; Lagging wifi battles and disc is unable to be read issues come up too easily.

There is something I have to add about Smash Bros Brawl. Tell me if any of you have noticed this when you attempt to play online against other people. But I have entered many matches and it seems like all the other four players know each other and won't lift a finger against them, but instead they all team up on you. How is this possible? Do they Lan 3 Wii's together? Do they randomly keep playing until they meet someone they recognize with some sort of secret code dance or something?! What kind of cheap thrill is this?! 3 against 1! That's not fair and it's just not fun! :anger

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The modern day segments in the newer Assassin's Creed games.  Let's face it.  The modern day story has gone absolutely nowhere since Assassin's Creed 3, and I wish Ubisoft would just get rid of it altogether.  It adds nothing important to games, and nothing kills the immersion worse than suddenly being sucked out of whatever adventure you were having alongside Blackbeard in the 18th century Caribbean and being made to do boring, mundane crap like running around an office hacking servers and computer terminals.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

I do enjoy this game; but there is a flaw in it. If you lose all your lives in the act you're currently playing and have to use a continue, it takes you back to the beginning of the act; which always annoyed me.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Underwater sections in levels; Sonic doesn't move fast under water; which makes him an easier target for enemies. Another thing is the level select code; I never understood why there couldn't be a sound test menu at the load up screen without having to use the level select code. (Argh!) And yet, there's a menu for multiplayer mode; then again, it's technically a two player game.

Simpsons Hit & Run

This game is okay; except that EVERY mission is timed (Argh!)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Half of possible games:

I dislike... easy puzzles and boss fights in the most of them.
Why it happens? Because I don't know what happened to people and why they forgot about what challenge is and reason why games give you that challenge. It appears people don't want to waste a time on the game more than 1 day. And developers surrender, take scissors, and cut a challenge from a game, even without leaving normal hard mode or something.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The fact that all the recent DLC for Grand Theft Auto 5 has been exclusive to GTA Online, and that GTA Online gets all the best stuff while Rockstar basically flips a big fat middle finger to people who prefer single player.

The way the animals in Red Dead Redemption behave could have been done better.  Predatory animals like bears, wolves, and cougars are ALWAYS hungry and ALWAYS attack in groups.  It takes the challenge out of hunting and sorta ruins the experience when you can't explore the wilderness because you're literally constantly being chased by an army of carnivores that respawn as fast as you kill them.  Let's hope RDD2 fixes this issue.  I could understand predators being randomly aggressive toward the player but it doesn't need to happen with literally every one you come across.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Ratchet and Clank (original): That segment in Rilgar where you open up a sewer lock and have to escape super-fast rising water before drowning...nightmares! :rhett_ohno

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled: You can fire off your shield by hitting the powerup button a second time. This has gotten me hit by WAY too many warp orbs due to muscle memory :neutral

Nintendogs: Pik the sheltie is the absolute worst :ceramad

Sonic Heroes: Two words: giant alligator :doofahCringe
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
The thing I dislike the most about Wii Sports Resort is the controls going literally out of control sometimes.

I know Nintendo created an accessory for the Wii, just so they can create a game with an more accurate gyroscope, but it tends to be inaccurate so much, it makes me appreciate the original Wii Sports better.

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • He could be any one of us
    • View Profile
Epic mickey: no free roam after completing the game

Poppy playtime: so many contoversies surrounding it