The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14 characters

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Ok we all know the gang of five will be in LBT 14 as well as their families.
We also know that Bron will return. In order to start a friendly discussion I have a feeling that these three characters will return or at least be mentioned within the movie. Those characters are Shorty because he is Bron's adopted son (I think) as well as Chomper and Ruby because they're main characters in the tv series (then again they tv series is just a spin off so.....) Anyways do you think any of these three will return? Maybe two? One? None? I look forward to your guys replies. Also the reason I didn't include characters like Mo or Guido in my list is that it can be easily assumed that they won't be in whereas the the three I mentioned have at least a slight chance (especially Shorty)

Let the friendly discussion begin  :)

Edit: could someone replace !4 with 14?
Life Is Good

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be curious to see if Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn return.  In my opinion, Kenneth Mars and John Ingle gave those two the essence that no other V.O. can fully capture.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Apr 29 2015 on  05:07 PM
I'll be curious to see if Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn return.  In my opinion, Kenneth Mars and John Ingle gave those two the essence that no other V.O. can fully capture.
They most likely will. Maybe they'll have new voices, maybe they'll appear with no lines (example Grandma Longneck never spoke in LBT 12, Grandpa Longneck never spoke in LBT 13)
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
A lot of it would depend on if they remain true and consistent to the other movies. But assuming they do, I think it's highly likely Shorty will return. Bron did adopt Shorty after all, so his absence would be very conspicuous from this movie. I can easily see Shorty letting the gang know that Bron is in trouble or something, and accompanying them to find him. Plus, Shorty's VA already changed once, so it's not hard to imagine them changing it again. And if Shorty does not appear, they're going to have to explain why he's not there, or else it would be a pretty big plothole and a sign of broader problems with consistency.

As for Chomper and Ruby, I could see it going either way. They (especially Chomper) are pretty popular and were main characters in the TV shows, but since many of the viewers might not be familiar with the TV show (or even saw 2 and 5), I could easily see them being cut in order to put a greater focus on the original Gang of 5. On the other hand, new characters have been introduced in all sequels thus far-- perhaps Chomper and Ruby can be the "new" characters of this film, especially since Chomper hasn't appeared in the past eight movies and Ruby hasn't appeared at all. If they do appear, it would be nice to hear their backstory a bit more. Perhaps they could meet on the journey if the movie would take place before the TV series.

If (and probably only if) Chomper and Ruby appear, I think there's a chance Redclaw would appear as well, especially if they're angling for a more suspenseful movie. Since he has a reputation of being a terrible sharptooth, his presence could heighten whatever danger Bron would be in. Of course, if Redclaw appears, it would probably mean Screech and Thud would show up too.

Potentially I could see some of the family members not showing up. If they're going for a darker tone, Grandpa could perhaps have died (because his VA did) and maybe that has something to do with why Bron is appearing. Still I think this is unlikely, they'll probably not want to go that dark, and I think they'll just recast Grandpa just like they did Grandma. Similarly, I have a hard time imagining Topsy (whose voice actor also died) go, especially since he's such a vocal member of the herd. Plus, Topsy's too young and  I can't see them killing off multiple adult figures. Also if the movie is largely set out of the Great Valley, I could see many of the parents (especially Mama Swimmer or Mama Flyer) show up, but not have speaking roles. I could especially see this happening if they have lots of recurring characters, like movie 4-- many parents did not have speaking roles there, and there were 3 guest characters, not to mention 2 speaking villains.

I think there's a good chance for a new character or two to show up, as there has been a new character in every sequel. On the other hand, the use of recurring character(s) in this movie make me think this is less likely. Perhaps they might go for an Elsie, giving a new character a very small role. After all, Elsie is from the only movie featuring a previous guest character. There's perhaps a small chance I could see for Ali or Pterano to return since they're pretty popular among fans, but adding them would greatly complicate the movie and could stuff too many plots within one film. Plus, they haven't returned for many films since, and with a plot focused on Bron, I don't see them returning now.

Here are my estimated probabilities of characters appearing:

Littlefoot (100%)
Cera (100%)
Ducky (100%)
Petrie (100%)
Spike (100%)
Bron (100%)
Grandma Longneck (95% appearing, 90% speaking)--I can't really see her not appearing.
Topsy (90% appearing, 85% speaking)--VA death, but he's probably too large of a character to cut.
Mama Swimmer (90%)--As long as they spend some time in the Great Valley, she'll be there
Mama Flyer (90%)--See Mama Swimmer
Tria (90% appearing, 85% speaking)--If they have Topsy not speaking due to VA death, she might not speak either.
Tricia (85%)-- I imagine she'd be there, at least briefly
Grandpa Longneck (80% appearing, 75% speaking)--I imagine they'll recast Grandpa, but I'm not entirely sure.
Shorty (80%)--It would be a pretty big plothole if he doesn't show up, but you never know...
New Character(s) (75%)--There's been a new one for every movie, but if this movie is heavy on recurring characters, I could see them forgoing one.
Chomper (35%)--Fan favorite, and part of the gang of seven, but they might choose to stick with the gang of five.
Ruby (30%)--Similar to Chomper, a little less likely since she hasn't appeared in any movie at all yet.
Mr. Clubtail  (30% appearing, 25% speaking)--He's there quite a bit, if they spend a lot of time in the Great Valley, I'd boost his chances.
Redclaw (10%)--Decent chance if Chomper and Ruby appear, but only then. They'd probably more likely use a generic sharptooth.
Screech and Thud (9%)--Will probably only appear with Redclaw.
Mr. Thicknose (5%)--Larger chance than most one-movie characters because of fairly big role in TV series
Ali (2%)--Fan favorite
Pterano (2%)--Fan favorite
Others (1%)
Yellow Bellies (<1%)--I can't see them bringing them back again!

Edit: Raised Chomper and Ruby's probabilities from 25 and 20 to 35 and 30

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Apr 29 2015 on  05:10 PM
A lot of it would depend on if they remain true and consistent to the other movies. But assuming they do, I think it's highly likely Shorty will return. Bron did adopt Shorty after all, so his absence would be very conspicuous from this movie. I can easily see Shorty letting the gang know that Bron is in trouble or something, and accompanying them to find him. Plus, Shorty's VA already changed once, so it's not hard to imagine them changing it again. And if Shorty does not appear, they're going to have to explain why he's not there, or else it would be a pretty big plothole and a sign of broader problems with consistency.

As for Chomper and Ruby, I could see it going either way. They (especially Chomper) are pretty popular and were main characters in the TV shows, but since many of the viewers might not be familiar with the TV show (or even saw 2 and 5), I could easily see them being cut in order to put a greater focus on the original Gang of 5. On the other hand, new characters have been introduced in all sequels thus far-- perhaps Chomper and Ruby can be the "new" characters of this film, especially since Chomper hasn't appeared in the past eight movies and Ruby hasn't appeared at all. If they do appear, it would be nice to hear their backstory a bit more. Perhaps they could meet on the journey if the movie would take place before the TV series.

If (and probably only if) Chomper and Ruby appear, I think there's a chance Redclaw would appear as well, especially if they're angling for a more suspenseful movie. Since he has a reputation of being a terrible sharptooth, his presence could heighten whatever danger Bron would be in. Of course, if Redclaw appears, it would probably mean Screech and Thud would show up too.

Potentially I could see some of the family members not showing up. If they're going for a darker tone, Grandpa could perhaps have died (because his VA did) and maybe that has something to do with why Bron is appearing. Still I think this is unlikely, they'll probably not want to go that dark, and I think they'll just recast Grandpa just like they did Grandma. Similarly, I have a hard time imagining Topsy (whose voice actor also died) go, especially since he's such a vocal member of the herd. Plus, Topsy's too young and  I can't see them killing off multiple adult figures. Also if the movie is largely set out of the Great Valley, I could see many of the parents (especially Mama Swimmer or Mama Flyer) show up, but not have speaking roles. I could especially see this happening if they have lots of recurring characters, like movie 4-- many parents did not have speaking roles there, and there were 3 guest characters, not to mention 2 speaking villains.

I think there's a good chance for a new character or two to show up, as there has been a new character in every sequel. On the other hand, the use of recurring character(s) in this movie make me think this is less likely. Perhaps they might go for an Elsie, giving a new character a very small role. After all, Elsie is from the only movie featuring a previous guest character. There's perhaps a small chance I could see for Ali or Pterano to return since they're pretty popular among fans, but adding them would greatly complicate the movie and could stuff too many plots within one film. Plus, they haven't returned for many films since, and with a plot focused on Bron, I don't see them returning now.

Littlefoot (100%)
Cera (100%)
Ducky (100%)
Petrie (100%)
Spike (100%)
Bron (100%)
Grandma Longneck (95% appearing, 90% speaking)--I can't really see her not appearing.
Topsy (90% appearing, 85% speaking)--VA death, but he's probably too large of a character to cut.
Mama Swimmer (90%)--As long as they spend some time in the Great Valley, she'll be there
Tria (90% appearing, 85% speaking)--If they have Topsy not speaking due to VA death, she might not speak either.
Grandpa Longneck (80% appearing, 75% speaking)--I imagine they'll recast Grandpa, but I'm not entirely sure.
Shorty (80%)--It would be a pretty big plothole if he doesn't show up, but you never know...
New Character(s) (75%)--There's been a new one for every movie, but if this movie is heavy on recurring characters, I could see them forgoing one.
Mr. Clubtail  (30% appearing, 25% speaking)--He's there quite a bit, if they spend a lot of time in the Great Valley, I'd boost his chances.
Chomper (25%)--Fan favorite, and part of the gang of seven, but they might choose to stick with the gang of five.
Ruby (20%)--Similar to Chomper, a little less likely since she hasn't appeared in any movie at all yet.
Redclaw (10%)--Decent chance if Chomper and Ruby appear, but only then. They'd probably more likely use a generic sharptooth.
Mr. Thicknose (5%)--Larger chance than most one-movie characters because of fairly big role in TV series
Ali (2%)--Fan favorite
Others (1%)
You make a some strong points  :)
Life Is Good

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Apr 29 2015 on  08:27 PM
Done!

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Apr 30 2015 on  03:19 AM
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Apr 29 2015 on  08:27 PM
Done!
Thanks  :)
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Potentially I could see some of the family members not showing up. If they're going for a darker tone, Grandpa could perhaps have died (because his VA did) and maybe that has something to do with why Bron is appearing. Still I think this is unlikely, they'll probably not want to go that dark, and I think they'll just recast Grandpa just like they did Grandma. Similarly, I have a hard time imagining Topsy (whose voice actor also died) go, especially since he's such a vocal member of the herd. Plus, Topsy's too young and I can't see them killing off multiple adult figures. Also if the movie is largely set out of the Great Valley, I could see many of the parents (especially Mama Swimmer or Mama Flyer) show up, but not have speaking roles. I could especially see this happening if they have lots of recurring characters, like movie 4-- many parents did not have speaking roles there, and there were 3 guest characters, not to mention 2 speaking villains.

Littlefoot (100%)
Cera (100%)
Ducky (100%)
Petrie (100%)
Spike (100%)
Bron (100%)
Chomper (35%)--Fan favorite, and part of the gang of seven, but they might choose to stick with the gang of five.
Ruby (30%)--Similar to Chomper, a little less likely since she hasn't appeared in any movie at all yet.
Mr. Clubtail (30% appearing, 25% speaking)--He's there quite a bit, if they spend a lot of time in the Great Valley, I'd boost his chances.
Ali (2%)--Fan favorite
Others (1%)

Great post :) There's nothing I disagree with and the percentages are quite close to what I imagine to happen. Though I hope they recast Grandpa and Mr. Threehorn... and I hope Shorty will be in it :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Apr 29 2015 on  05:10 PM

Potentially I could see some of the family members not showing up. If they're going for a darker tone, Grandpa could perhaps have died (because his VA did) and maybe that has something to do with why Bron is appearing. Still I think this is unlikely, they'll probably not want to go that dark, and I think they'll just recast Grandpa just like they did Grandma. Similarly, I have a hard time imagining Topsy (whose voice actor also died) go, especially since he's such a vocal member of the herd. Plus, Topsy's too young and  I can't see them killing off multiple adult figures. Also if the movie is largely set out of the Great Valley, I could see many of the parents (especially Mama Swimmer or Mama Flyer) show up, but not have speaking roles. I could especially see this happening if they have lots of recurring characters, like movie 4-- many parents did not have speaking roles there, and there were 3 guest characters, not to mention 2 speaking villains.

Littlefoot (100%)
Cera (100%)
Ducky (100%)
Petrie (100%)
Spike (100%)
Bron (100%)
Mr. Clubtail  (30% appearing, 25% speaking)--He's there quite a bit, if they spend a lot of time in the Great Valley, I'd boost his chances.
Ali (2%)--Fan favorite
Others (1%)

i would rather not have a random sharptooth in my opinion, but that's yours. Maybe they could have a recurring Sharptooth/Sharpteeth. Remember the 3 Sharpteeth (including Crusher) from LBT X? They ran away from the solar eclipse? They never died, they just left. (Crusher is the Orange-Brown Sharptooth.)

Time to explain Crusher (warning kinda off topic)

I call him Crusher since that is his fan name. That name is never actually mentioned or said in the series. Now when I say Crusher, you know what Sharptooth I'm talking about.

Here is where I call him it. /OC/Crusher" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Crusher The Sharptooth
Crusher The Sharptooth

Now I know it says OC, and it says he is for the fake LBT 14. But this is his fan name.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
@chomperrules1993: Thanks  :)

@Ducky123: Thanks and I hope they'll be there too. I'm a little apprehensive of them finding good voice actors for Grandpa and Topsy though, since both Kenneth Mars and John Ingle did such a good job with their characters. I'm curious to see who they'll bring in next!

@Hypnobrai: I actually don't want a random sharptooth either, I just think that there's a strong chance of it happening considering what had been done in the past sequels. Interesting idea about bringing in that sharptooth from 10 back, especially since Bron was in that movie too. :exactly

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: AllegroGiocoso,Apr 30 2015 on  07:46 PM
@chomperrules1993: Thanks  :)

@Ducky123: Thanks and I hope they'll be there too. I'm a little apprehensive of them finding good voice actors for Grandpa and Topsy though, since both Kenneth Mars and John Ingle did such a good job with their characters. I'm curious to see who they'll bring in next!

@Hypnobrai: I actually don't want a random sharptooth either, I just think that there's a strong chance of it happening considering what had been done in the past sequels. Interesting idea about bringing in that sharptooth from 10 back, especially since Bron was in that movie too. :exactly
Yes, its seemed to have some different thing about Bron-it left it's downed prey-Pat, just to FIGHT Bron. And he ended up biting Bron's leg-something like that was not seen in a while. Then Pat whacks him in the head, then Bron kicks him down the hill. Now the other 2 sharpteeth were possibly waiting for a kill to be made by their comrade, (possibly their leader). So they come in to help, Grandpa and Grandma Longneck come to help, Crusher recovers, and INSTANTLY attacks Bron. I don't know, but it seems like Bron has possibly seen this Sharptooth in the past before. It seems like they both have a rivalry. What do you think?

One more thing: In the intro to LBT 13, an Orange-Brown Sharptooth that looks exactly like the one one that attacked Bron appears, chasing a large group of Fast-Biters.

Universal, if you are reading this, you could consider bringing this Sharptooth back, and maybe the other 2 as well.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume they'll recast the roles they need to.  Maybe have grandma longneck talk more maybe then grandpa longneck maybe not.   It'll be interesting to see who they cast as who.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I'm personally hoping that Tria and Tricia will be in it, or at least make a cameo.

I'll be soo p***ed if they've forgot that Cera now has a step mum and half sister. Or even worse wright them out!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree, that would be... odd  <_< They even gave Tria a short appearance in LBT 13 so my hopes are on it that they do appear in LBT 14 as well...
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,May 10 2015 on  11:13 AM
I agree, that would be... odd  <_< They even gave Tria a short appearance in LBT 13 so my hopes are on it that they do appear in LBT 14 as well...
Yes, and they both appeared in some episodes of the tv show.