The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should we Make A Mobile Version of the Forum?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I was wondering, do you all think we should have a mobile version of the forum?

Me, I think so.  With how much more popular smartphones have gotten in recent years, it's only natural that sites should make a mobile version that works properly with smartphones.

I know a lot will have to be done to make it happen, but I feel it would be worth it in the end.

What do you think?  Should we or shouldn't we?  Give me your thoughts.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
The forum is a little odd on mobile. It isn't really shaped well on my iPod, and the Littlefoot background doesn't show until the bottom of the page. The top and middle parts are all black.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I doubt that's something the admins can do. Not because of lacking knowledge but because of invisionfree not providing the option to make the GoFmore mobile friendly
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 17 2017 on  11:20 PM
I doubt that's something the admins can do. Not because of lacking knowledge but because of invisionfree not providing the option to make the GoFmore mobile friendly
Sadly you are correct.  This platform limits our options to a significant degree as it uses 2003-era coding and infrastructure.  I am unsure if we could make the site much friendlier for mobile devices even if we upgraded to Zettaboards, which would entail its own host of problems.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
GOF works perfectly on a smartphone or tablet.  It's mobile responsive.  Some websites have a mobile version of the website, but I absolutely HATE mobile websites because they lack most of the features of the full featured site.  eBay is one relevant example.  

The only thing that could be improved on the mobile site is the background.  Unfortunately it would require making the background itself much larger in file size, which would slow down loading times on computers, smartphones, and tablets.  Not worth it, at least not to me.  A black background is fine.