The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Lion King Remake

Tigress · 24 · 5215

Tigress

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Since it has been confirmed and is due for release in 2019, what's your thoughts on this?

Personally, I'm mixed. On one hand I would love to see my childhood bought back to life. On the other it just won't be the same, and will lack the character the hand drawn animation hard.
Also they will be cutting things out, like for one Scar's song Be Prepared is confirmed to be cut from the remake.

One thing I am looking forward to is seeing how The Circle of Life looks like in 'real life' even if it all the animals will be CGI. And since they going for Jungle Book style the animals will look quite realistic.

At the end of the day, can't be worse then The Lion Guard. That show creates so many plotholes we would need an excavator to fill them. I refuse to accept it as canon.

If this is already a topic, sorry. I couldn't see one but then again I'm a dingbat.
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods, they have not forgotten this."

Simba <3 Born 21st of October 2015.

Please check out my first fanfic-Hold on Together.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Its all right Tigeress. And i agree. Every thing Disney has done with the Lion King since 1994 hasnt lived up to how good that film was. Simba's Pride trashed the legacy of the film to start, and ever since, its been nothing but down hill. !.5 has a rehash of the original, but with added meerkats.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think there was a thread here for the remake. I'm all in all excited for the remake, but I too have some reservations about it, like the fact that it won't have one of the best Disney villain songs, and the fact that it won't be animated in that sort of "Lion King style" (much like if Universal did a similar remake of LBT that wasn't consistent with LBT's signature animation style). However, having said that, I am excited to see just how a CGI remake of The Lion King will look.

Tigress

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I actually enjoyed Simba's Pride. Mostly because it featured one of my favorite Disney villains-Zira. Though The Lion Guard ruined her, the real Zira would of killed Kion on the spot knowing he is Simba's son. But no the OP lion cub took down an entire pride of trained fighters with a single magic roar  :bang. I won't go on since this not about The Lion Guard.

One thing I am excited about in the remake is that they got James Earl Jones back to voice Mufasa. Mufasa without his voice just wouldn't feel the same.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I too enjoyed Simba's pride. Yes it's a simple love story and perhaps the animation wasn't top notch, but I have fond memories of it. Never really gave the Lion Guard a chance as it was too kiddy for me, guess I'm glad I didn't.

The remake sounds interesting, although it'll be difficult to live up to the awe of the original. I'm glad they got James Earl Jones on board for Mufasa and am a little disappointed they couldn't get the other voice actors back on.

We'll see what they'll make of it :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
There already is a Lion King Remake. It's called Black Panther. This film is even more redundant than it was before thanks to that film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
There already is a Lion King Remake. It's called Black Panther. This film is even more redundant than it was before thanks to that film.

I don't understand. That's an MCU movie, this is a traditionally animated classic remade into CGI. What do they have in common and what makes Black Panther so bad?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I will see it in theaters. :)  I like what was done for the Jungle Book (plot of the original was a bit weak) so I can't wait to see how Lion King works out.  Its very hard to tell it was a blend of CG and reality three years ago.....must be close to flawless by now, those Disney computer server farms.

:TakeMoney already!!!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile

I don't understand. That's an MCU movie, this is a traditionally animated classic remade into CGI. What do they have in common and what makes Black Panther so bad?
It's very close to The Lion King in story and theme. I'm not the first person to notice and say it. I will admit I was being a little hyperbolic for humor's sake when posting this. Sorry. Black Panther is a fine film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Tigress

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I will see it in theaters. :)  I like what was done for the Jungle Book (plot of the original was a bit weak) so I can't wait to see how Lion King works out.  Its very hard to tell it was a blend of CG and reality three years ago.....must be close to flawless by now, those Disney computer server farms.

:TakeMoney already!!!

I actually never saw the original Jungle Book, a friend dragged me to go see the remake in 3D with her. So went in not knowing what to expect and left impressed. I'll def be going to see the Lion King in 3D if they have a 3D version  which most likely that will. in 2011 when they had the limited release of the original Lion King in 3D, I went twice. Just picture a 'real life' version of the stampede in 3D and the wildebeest rushing towards you. Um yes please  :TakeMoney.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I too saw the 3D re-release of The Lion King. It was pretty awesome!! I'll DEFINITELY be seeing the remake in 3D too :TakeMoney

As for The Jungle Book, I've yet to see the remake, but I have seen the original, and it's pretty good. I recommend it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just want to jump in and say that I also saw the 3D re-release of Lion King in theaters. It was quite magical.

I enjoyed the recent Jungle Book movie so I imagine I'll end up watching the new Lion King remake as well.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I doubt I'll go watch it as the teaser trailer didn't exactly look promising. :sducky

Tigress

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I doubt I'll go watch it as the teaser trailer didn't exactly look promising. :sducky

There’s no teaser trailer? There’s lots of fakes that look real but are still fake.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, that seems to really be the case (I should read video descriptions before posting :bolt) Thanks for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:24:32 PM by Sovereign »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Disney just revealed a new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY

I'll be honest - it made me a little emotional and also made me chuckle. The animation is extremely detailed and I'm actually somewhat looking forward to seeing this now.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'd rather just rewatch the original in theaters. Why don't theaters do widely released re-releases anymore, anyway?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I think I'd rather just rewatch the original in theaters. Why don't theaters do widely released re-releases anymore, anyway?

I share those thoughts, I saw the original as a kid and to me it was one of the best films that I ever watched and I would gladly go see it if it was re-released. Although I'm going to give the new one a chance and see if I enjoy it as much as the original.  :) And that reminds me that I haven't even watched the trailer yet.  :bolt

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Interesting. I might go check this out. I saw the Jungle Book remake a few years ago and I thought it was pretty good.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the Dumbo remake? I haven't seen it yet, although I might, as it's still playing in theaters where I live.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be really nice too. I've never seen a re-release like that in theaters here in the Netherlands. Perhaps stuff like that is only done in major cities, if it is done at all. Or maybe I just don't know where to look :P

Speaking of which, did anyone see the Dumbo remake? I haven't seen it yet, although I might, as it's still playing in theaters where I live.

Nope! Was never really into Dumbo to begin with, but the trailer of the remake didn't really appeal to me either. If you do see it, tell us what you think!