The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Legend of the Three Caballeros

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

I've been meaning to talk about this.  If you've seen the movie The Three Caballeros, then you probably know the main protagonists in this TV Series version.  Donald, José and Panchito go on mystical adventures to find treasure and stop the evil Lord Felldrake. (Who is voiced by the awesome Kevin Michael Richardson.  Seriously, he is amazing here.)

Spoiler: ShowHide
This is rather enjoyable.  I mean, you obviously have Donald, who can easily bring laughs with any of his antics when bad luck hits him, (Seriously, it hits him hard right at the start.) José and Panchito are both enjoyable.  However, nobody tops the hammy Lord Felldrake.  He's just amazing with his banter.

On top of that, this is one of the few series that features Daisy's Nieces, April, May and June. (However, they suffer the same problem as the early version of Donald's Nephews.  The only difference between the three being what color shirt they wear.  No personality differences.) Xandra is a new character who is enjoyable mainly due to what you would expect from someone who's been trapped in a mystical item for thousands of years.

It's only 13 episodes, but there is hope for more.  It is currently on the new Disney Plus.  So this is quite the incentive to get it.

I haven't seen much, but I'm enjoying it so far.  I'll tell ya more when I get to the end.

See ya later! :wave
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:32:35 PM by pokeplayer984 »

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Took me long enough, but I finally finished it.

Disney has brought something interesting for a Disney Plus exclusive.  It aims far more for comedy than anything else.  That is not to say that it doesn't take itself seriously when it matters.  It knows when to be serious and when to be funny.  Some of the characters, you do not expect them to act the way they do.  It's actually a good thing in the end.

Donald goes through a lot in this and the ending is worth it.  For both him and the viewer.

So yeah, get through those 13 episodes and tell me what you think?

They pulled a Sequel Hook, so here's hoping there is a second season.

That's all for now.  See ya later! :wave