The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little Pony: Elements of Friendship

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ponyville.  Seemingly just a quiet, small town in Equestria, save for one simple fact.  Living in this town were the 6 ponies who had, not too long ago, gathered the Elements of Harmony and saved Princess Celestia's sister Luna from her corrupted form as Nightmare Moon.  It is in this town that another group of ponies, strangers to each other still, will someday soon be gathered to unite another group of elements.  The Elements of Friendship...

On a small hill a short ways outside Ponyville, a young, deep-blue unicorn pony stood, body moving quickly and gracefully in what looked like a martial art form.
"Gotta be faster...I...have to be better than him..."
Haru, the pony on the hill breathed, springing forward with a swift hoof strike...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
A black pony sat under a tree keeping himself in the shade and his eyes down on the ground. When he arrived in Ponville he'd tried to make friends, but his temper and extremely competitive nature had chased all the other ponies away leaving him alone, angry and sad. "I'll never have any friends... and maybe I was never meant to have friends.... my parents always said I was too hostile for my own good." The male pony then slammed his hooves into the ground giving off the sound of thunder in the sky. "My name is Thunderclap, and I like being alone!" he said aloud shouting it to the sky.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(hope it's not to long.  Didn't realize the length till I had finished typing.)

Myrdinn had decided to travel around for a while since he had been done with basic education for a bit.  He was unsure what to do and not being able to afford any special training or schooling still left him with lots of options.  So he thought he would travel around a while and think things over.  No hurry to make a decision.

Though poor is family, being unicorns, did help.  They used magic for everything that they could and even had a book or a few books of what uses they had put magic to. Recording stuff they came up with so future generations could still retain it and not loose it.  The so called spells were collected into what some called a grimoire.  Collected since some so called spells had very little daily use but could be handy once in a while.  They had a 2nd book that had bits of information, speculation, lore and such that some had found, came across, ect and thought it best to record.  Each member of the family had a copy of these 2 books, hand made using magic since they were not able to afford to have the copies professionally made.  He kept these in, also home made, saddlebags.  

He, not being able to afford a train, or other ways of transportion, used a spell one of his ancestors had invented for long distance travel, using the clouds as someting simular to trampolines.  Not good for short range, but good for long range travel, as long as there were clouds around. The inventor had called the spell cloud vaulting.  To not attract attention, since since turning onself invisible along with cloud vaulting would be tiring and difficult, it instead projected a simple illusion of, in this case Myrdinn, being a peguses, with a different color then his real color.  A unicorn bouncing around the sky would likely attract attention but seeing a peguses would likely not.  A side effect was his horn was disguised beneath an illusion of a hat.

Myrdinn seeing a town in the distance decided it best to land well outside of town and walk in.  He could land in the town and find an alley to land in or duck into but it would be even easier to land outside of town, admist some trees and such, & just walk in.  The trees hiding the illusion vanishing and his appearance changing.  

Seeing a good place to land Myrdinn canceled the cloud vaulting spell and did a slow fall spell.  A variant the same inventor of the cloud vaulting had done to keep up the simple illusion one did during the cloud vaulting spell.  Since again a unicorn slowly falling would attract attention, be seen as showing off and such.  He, like most in his family if not all, proffered to keep their magic ability downplayed.  Pretending they only did as much as most other unicorns did.  Certainly never letting on the extent of their family tradition and such.

Landing among some trees he stopped the slow spell effect, seeing no one around, and with his real appearance now started to casually walk in the direction of the town he had seen during his cloud vaulting.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A black Pegasus flew out of the dark forest just by Ponyville slowly, moving her head from side to side to see if she could see anything of interest to help with her boredom. Seeing nothing, she sighed and flew down onto the grass below. As she landed, she started walking toward the little town just in front of her, as there was nothing else she could really do.

Daliya, the dark pony, just kept walking into the town lazily.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haru finished his training for the day, slinging his wooden sword, Bontenmaru, back onto his back before heading for Ponyville, grinning contentedly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thunderclap felt the need to eat, and his belly rumbling didn't help matters. With an annoyed sigh of regret the black pony pushed himself up from the floor and began to slowly trot his way into Ponyville. As he entered, several ponyies who had the misfortune of meeting Thunderclap the day before turned and ran from him. As he walked he kept his eyes down facing the ground. "All I need is a little food and then it's back to being alone." he whispered quietly to himself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Myrdinn continued on his way to Ponyville.  Pausing to drink some water at a stream and to briefly rest.  Once he got close enough to see some of the buildings he paused to look at the buildings of the town before he continued on his way.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
meanwhile, Rainbow Dash, a sky-blue pony who kepts the skies cloud free, was making her daily rounds. Today she had a surprise party planned for her friends in POnyville,.. she hoped Applejack would be there..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As Haru threaded his way through the crowd, looking down at the ground, he accidentally bumped into Thunderclap.
"Oh!  Oh, I'm so sorry I ran into you..."
He trailed off as he looked up at Thunderclap...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As Daliya was walking along, she noticed a pony just ran into another, much larger one, not to mention that he had a very angry look on his face. Being a bit concerned, she moved in closer and stopped just a little ways away from them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spike was carrying a sack with a few things in it and muttering to himself.  "Blue mushrooms, why a specific color.  Next I guess she'll want some polkadoted." He muttered to himself.   He saw he was walking near the Quill & Sofa store and decided to go and get some extra quills for Twilight Sparkle so she' not run out.  "What's with him selling only those 2 items." He muttered low to himself again before he went closer to the store to go inside.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thunderclap stumbled backwards as he felt someone bump into him. He shook his head to clear the dizziness and once he had, he looked at Haru with an intense glare that would make most other ponies run scared, as his eyes seemed to glow from within. Thunderclap took a step forward and as his hove hit the ground the sound of thunder hung in the air. "Who do you think you are bumping into me?!" he asked aloud. "You would do well to watch y our step next time and don't step in my way again!" he shouted to Haru.

He turned around to leave, when he noticed Daliya standing so close. He stared at her for a moment rather impressed that she was the same color as he was, but then he frowned and shook his head as he stepped past Daliya  as well without saying  a word to her.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haru watched Thunderclap walk off, and drooped visibly, then slammed his hoof into the ground.
"Heh...Haru, you stupid....foal...why do I even...bother..."
He said softly, turning and walking back the way he came, a few tears dampening the ground as he walked off...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Humph!" Daliya snorted when she saw Thunderclap flounce past her. She was about to tell him off when she noticed Haru starting to cry. Concerned, she walked up to him.

"Are you alright?" she asked, looking at him.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haru looked up at Daliya with a little smile and a nod.  
"Y-yeah.  I'm...fine, really."
He said with a nervous laugh...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You're sure?" Daliya asked, still concerned, but the look he gave her made her feel that he didn't want to continue with this conversation and decided to respect that.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haru smiled a little.
"Yeah...I'm used to this sort of thing by now..."
He said softly, looking down at the ground...
"But...thanks for caring..."
He added...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thunderclap stopped walking after a few more steps. He was shaking with anger, he wanted to apologize and try to make amends with the pony he'd bumped into. After several more seconds he frowned as several storm clouds appeared over his head and began to rain on him. "Okay, fine... I'll go say sorry." he said to himself. With that he turned around and walked back until he was standing in front of Haru and Daliya. He sighed as he looked down at the ground. "Look.... I'm not... really good at... this. But... I'm s-sorry if, I treated you wrongly."

Thunderclap then sat down.
"I can understand if you two never wanted to see me again. I've been a jerk for most of my life... but that's just part of who I am. I know I can't change it." he then asked, "D-do you two forgive me?" while still keeping his eyes on the ground.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Myrdinn got closer to Ponyville.   He saw a small group of ponies gathered together and decided to head over to say hello, if they were not to busy so he started to casually walk over in their direction.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, you haven't done anything wrong to me, so, yes, I forgive you," Daliya said and then looked at Haru. She really didn't know what the young pony was thinking and more so, if he'd forgive Thunderclap. Also, she noticed a Unicorn walking towards them.