The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jungle Cubs: The RP

brekclub85 · 485 · 19357

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC: I know all the roles aren't taken, but if you want to join, post here or in the discussion topic.)

The sun was rising in the jungle, most of the sleeping animals were awaking. In some old ruins that had been dubbed "The Cubhouse" by the 6 friends who played their often, those aforementioned cubs had woken up.

Bagheera, the little black panther and possibly the smartest one of the group had woken up. "What a night," he said with a yawn, "After that near drought, it's great to go I can rest without worry."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As another feline cub awoke, a scoff was heard as a response to Bagheera's statement.  "Really Bagheera" Shere Khan said, finishing a stretch and fully standing up on the top beam of one of the "clubhouse's" ruined pillars, and then shaking his head, "the way you worry, especially since the danger's past, it's almost as bad as the snake. You're a cat, show some dignity" .

Shere Khan leapt down from the pillar as he continued, "Even if the drought had stretched on, we ca'ts always find ways of surviving, like...chasing some other unfortunates from a small watering hole found or what not" the young tiger smirked as he cleaned one of his paws. Truth be told, Shere Khan himself would probably not have had the bravery to do such a thing if the animal were anything but a kid their age easily pushed around; but in idea, it sounded good to say.

~~~~

Meanwhile an adolescent panther, Basdev, continued on through this new jungle that looked to be just coming back from a drought; but importantly, back to producing green good for prey and watering holes.

He could even see one just up ahead. Basdev smiled. Just then a commotion was heard behind him and a black blur shot past him to rush headlong into the watering hole.

"Namita!" Basdev called, concerned for his kid sister drowning or something. He darted in and quickly grabbed her, fishing her out, and half swimming then walking back to the shore.

He sighed, "I swear, it's like you think you're part tiger sometimes" he said, referring to the only cats to really take the water. Namita giggled, "Sorry Basdev" she apologized to her brother, "it's just been so long since we saw a really good watering hole!" she went on excitedly.

Her brother smiled and nodded, "Yes I know". The land they had come from had died   what would be a while ago now, and the others hadn't looked very promising until they came to this jungle. "But one would think you'd drink from the water first" he shook his head again.

Namita giggled again, walking over to do just that, "Yeah, you'd think". Basdev sighed, "Seriously Namita, you have to be more careful; I can't afford to go losing you" he said.

His sister sighed, "I know you promised dad you'd watch me, but you don't have to be this good at it". Basdev smiled. "That wasn't a compliment" Namita informed him.

She walked a bit farther until she could see a structure of some sort in the distance, "What d'ya think that is?" she asked her brother. "No telling, but we should focus on laying low until we know more about...".

Namita was rushing off before he could finish his sentence. Basdev sighed, "never mind" he quickly followed after his sister.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You may have a point Shere Khan," Bagheera replied, "But I'm not so sure you'd be acting the same way if I hadn't stored some water for us."

Before his little arguement continued, Bagheera began smelling something. "Speaking of us cats, is it just me or do you smell more nearby?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bagheera noticed some of his other friends awaking.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That was a pleasant, night." Kaa said from where he was coiled around one of the top beam.

"Pleasant indeed, I wonder what fun things we'll find today, or will find us today." Baloo said waking up, from where he had been lounging & sleeping against part of the wall, using part of the wall to scratch his back a bit as he started to get up.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Morning guys," Bagheera said, then turned to Shere Khan again. "I swear...do you smell more panthers around?" he asked the young tiger.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kaa flicked is tongue out as he often did, moving his head around a bit.  "It doesss sssmell like some may be other that way." He said using part of the end  of his tail to point in the direction of where the scent seemed to be strongest.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm going to go check it out," Bagheera said, taking charge. "You guys stay here."

But knowing what Khan was likely to say and do, Bagheera added. "You can come too Khan."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Maybe it'll be some new friends who can join us." Baloo said.

"I hope it is that and not something dangerous." Kaa said.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bagheera and Khan set off out of the ruins.

"Who's there?" Bagheera called, seeing a little black panther in the distance.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I can come..." Shere Khan frowned, "Yeah, well, it's not like I need permission or anything". he dropped the topic in interest of his own curiosity of what or who was out there.

As she got closer, Namita paused as she saw two cats about her age, one a panther and the other a tiger, come out of the ruins. "Oh...uh hey" she smiled a bit, yet still looked unsure.

"Hey" Shere Khan's reply wasn't completely friendly and his eyes squinted suspiciously, "I don't recall seeing you about..." he stepped forward.

Namita took a step back, yet smiled hesitantly, "Uh no...you wouldn't have, we...just found this jungle...the last land we were in had a drought that killed everything and made the herds leave".

"We?" Khan asked.

"Namita!" Basdev made it into the clearing, and Shere Khan stepped back at the sight of the bigger, not adult but older than him, panther.

The adolescent sighed, "You can't run off like that in a strange jungle, suppose they're parents had..." yet Basdev next noticed the tiger and panther cub at least in the same spot and then his scents told him more.

"Oh wait...you have no parents about" he gave a small chuckle, "Well sorry for the intrusion anyway".

"Yeah, sorry, I'm Namita" Namita said, "and this is my older brother Basdev". She smelled even more animals beyond and probably inside the ruins, but couldn't see them yet.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Meanwhile Rimjominey or RJ for short had just arrived in the jungle. RJ didn't know where he was going but any place would have been better then the old place he used to live. Ever since he had lost his parents he longed for something more. Just a friend he supposed would make RJ happy.

"Now, where am I"? He thought out loud looking around for a better sense of what was nearby and what he would need to encounter. Since it was only him and he didn't have a protector. He must remain ever vigilant.

He smelled other animals scents in the area but what he had to wonder was were these friendly animals? RJ had to prepare himself to fight if he needed too. RJ didn't want to but he had to be on his guard just in case the other animal that RJ met would.

He saw a small panther and a older panther and a big structure in the distance.

RJ raised a cautious eyebrow. "I wonder what that thing is. " RJ said thinking out loud.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I hope they don't meet with any trouble." Kaa said.

"Nah," Baloo said, relaxing and starting to eat some grapes.  "Look who they are." Baloo said in his usual relaxed manner.

"Yes, if they get into any trouble  Bagheera will save them both." Kaa said, laughing a bit at the idea.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh..hi," Bagheerea said to the 2 new panthers. "I'm Bagheera, and the tiger is Shere Khan. Is there a reason you came here?"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shere Khan just nodded as he was introduced, he still wasn't too happy with the 'intruders' but wasn't going to tell them that, plus he had a feeling Bagheera wouldn't mind more panthers about and would possible stick up for them, so it was a losing battle.

"Oh, well, as for why we've stayed around here and not just passed by" Namita answered, "it seemed like it came back from the drought you guys must have had better than some of the other places we've seen, and if you mean the ruins behind ya...well because it looks cool. Do you guys live here or something?" she asked.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"No, it's just a little place we claimed for ourselves," Bagheera explained.

"Although you can stay there for a while if you want."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah...since I'm not exactly gonna tell your brother he can't" Shere Khan said, looking over the the bigger panther. Basdev chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm not anxious to have your parents all mad at and chasing me either" he said.

The teen leapt up into a nearby branch, which let him see more of the ruins and also meant he could see what other animals were in the ruins, other kids.

"Oh I get it, it's like a clubhouse for you guys" Basdev smiled, "Cool, and when I was your age all me and my friends used was a hollow tree".

"How orginal" Shere Khan criticized and smirked, "Well...just don't go girly-ing up our  hangout" he told Namita before strolling back inside. she laughed, "Ok, I'll try, thanks for letting us stay by the way" she told both him and Bagheera.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Don't mention it, always happy to help a fellow jungle cat," Bagheera smiled.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC: I'll guess I'll take over for Louie.)

"So boys, what do you want to do now? I'm sure Begheera will be busy with whatever it is he's doing, like that dumb learning stuff he likes." Louie said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Why don't we just take it easy till they get back." Baloo said, getting comfortable again.  

"if we do something it'll help to pass the time at least." Kaa said.