The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Conan the Adventurer: The Long Quest - OOC Thread

Vincent · 14 · 2634

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Mainly testing the waters, seeing if there’s sufficient interest to build a proper RP out of this, using the 1992/3 Animated Series of the same name as the basis for it.  

Title:  Conan the Adventurer:  The Long Quest

Story (Main Animated Series):  Based loosely on the works of Robert Edward Howard, this was a watered-down version made so it could be broadcast in the Saturday Morning Slot.  Even so, they did manage to make a pretty good series from it, being the first one that I am aware of that followed a major story plot from beginning to end, allowed for development of characters, had an extremely racially diverse main cast, and whom had more than one dimension to them.  Also one of the few that allowed physical violence from the protagonists (towards their enemies).  

It usually revolved around the series antagonist Wrath-Amon attempting to attain sufficient quantities of Star-Metal in order to create the seven discs needed to open a rift between his World and the Abyss to free his Master, the Serpent God Set.  A goal he did succeed in, briefly.  

Story (RP):  For this RP, I’ve settled on the idea that a substantial quantity of Starmetal has been located, enough to ensure that all the discs can be constructed with plenty to spare.  The issue being that it’s a long, long way from the usual locations, forcing a two week-long trek westwards across the oceans to reach the lands in question.  The distance thus forces the use of sailing ships to make the trek to and from it, with all the dangers that these ancient lands and oceans possess.  

Intended Start Point is partway into the long trek into the unknown lands.  

Cast:
  • Wrath-Amon - Vincent

• Windfang

• Skulkar

• Conan - Rocky

• Needle - Rocky

• Thunder - Rocky

• Zula

• Jezmine

• Greywolf

• Snagg
Notes:  
  • OC’s are welcome, provided they don’t overpower the main cast with regards to capabilities

• I’m willing to add details/elements from other variants of Conan

• If there’re any questions you have concerning this, don’t hesitate to ask, I’ll answer them as best I can

• Multiple Characters is permitted

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Adventurer_%28animated_series%29 - for any info relating to the series itself
I hope you all like the idea.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,May 28 2015 on  07:41 AM
I dimly remember the cartoon.
It was a very good show, and one of the first of its type to use a single story told through it's 65-episode run.  But it's not the best-known series.  

64 of its 65 episodes can be found easily enough, and if you live in the US & Canada, you can finally get it on DVD.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I saw only season 1.  I remember an episode where Conan cast a summoning spell and got a puppy.

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
That would be right, from before he knew how to do it properly.  Though I believe that was one of the Season 2 Episodes, when the story started moving.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess I did see some 2nd seasons and forgot.  

I do have a bit of a character idea.  Guess he'd be an idea type since the idea is he uses a Chakram, a Katar in his off hand perhaps, not sure if he'd have a scimitar or not since you can use a Chakram as a melee weapon.  a bit of magic, but not a full wizard, a cloak that can function like a flying carpet.  Just a rough idea I had.

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,May 31 2015 on  02:21 AM
Guess I did see some 2nd seasons and forgot.  

I do have a bit of a character idea.  Guess he'd be an idea type since the idea is he uses a Chakram, a Katar in his off hand perhaps, not sure if he'd have a scimitar or not since you can use a Chakram as a melee weapon.  a bit of magic, but not a full wizard, a cloak that can function like a flying carpet.  Just a rough idea I had.
A little too broad a range of capabilities, but if this idea were to be semi-to-low skilled in a wide range of weapons/skills, it would be perfectly acceptable.  

In any case though, I do like the idea you have so far.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Oct 4 2015 on  12:10 AM
Can I have Conan and his Phoenix?
Sure!  And added.  :smile

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Oct 10 2015 on  07:38 PM
oh, I'll also need his horse too.
And added.

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Oct 18 2015 on  01:00 AM
are oc's allowed?
Check the OP, they are allowed, but since you've got three characters already, I think you're taking on rather a lot.