The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do You Ever Wonder Why?

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So, I was wondering on my mind why there are 13 sequels and 26 episodes of Land Before Time. Was it because of its popularity it started from the first movie? or was it because Universal was running out of ideas for other movies, so they decided to make more Land Before Time movies? Its only a thought of a question that I have. Got the same thought? Or did you ever had the thought?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
To make a quick buck. That's all I can say. And it was successful for the most part, aside from the money brought in from XIII and XIV.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 16 2017 on  06:52 AM
To make a quick buck. That's all I can say. And it was successful for the most part, aside from the money brought in from XIII and XIV.
I think this could be an explanation, but I'm still wondering why they made more.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Might've been my fault.

When I was young The Land Before Time was one of the few things that got me through the days. I saw in those characters true friends that would never leave my side.

Every time a new one came out I always anxiously waited for the next one to come out and put all my hope into it.

I wanted to know what was going on with the gang, how they were and what new adventures were in store for them.

Like me, a lot of kids felt the same way. Universal saw in us, people who would be faithful to this franchise and decided to invest in it.

The TV series was a test to see if these direct to DVD movies could reach a broader audience and maybe create a franchise with a fan following for years to come. Sadly, it failed, and after the flop that was LBT XIII the series went on hiatus. LBT XIV was just a way to try and capitalize on Jurassic World's box office fame.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Sep 16 2017 on  03:32 PM
Might've been my fault.

When I was young The Land Before Time was one of the few things that got me through the days. I saw in those characters true friends that would never leave my side.

Every time a new one came out I always anxiously waited for the next one to come out and put all my hope into it.

I wanted to know what was going on with the gang, how they were and what new adventures were in store for them.

Like me, a lot of kids felt the same way. Universal saw in us, people who would be faithful to this franchise and decided to invest in it.

The TV series was a test to see if these direct to DVD movies could reach a broader audience and maybe create a franchise with a fan following for years to come. Sadly, it failed, and after the flop that was LBT XIII the series went on hiatus. LBT XIV was just a way to try and capitalize on Jurassic World's box office fame.
Very Interesting, NewOrder. I think I have the same thought and feeling as you did. And yes, the TV series failed. I read a review on the website that a critic said the show was "Bland (Animation), Inofensive Stuff (Possibly Behavior), and Appropriate viewing for very young audiences (Maybe kids between ages 6-10)". It may also explain why all 26 TV episodes were never released in the complete boxset last year.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
There was a complete box set? I own a box set of the TV Series released probably around 2008/09, that had four discs each one with 4 episodes. So I'm currently missing 10 episodes of the TV series.

The series basically tried to pack hour long stories into 20 minute episodes. It felt like it would have a thread to tie in all the episodes together, but it was never shown. We've yet to know how Chomper and Ruby came to the Great Valley, and why did the elders let them stay.

It was one giant mess. It also didn't help that they've tried to appeal to a younger audience than the movies.

For me, the worst thing they did with the TV series was how they botched Ali's return. I waited for that moment for over 10 years, only to be extremely disappointed.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't see anything wrong with Ali's return. It obviously isn't going to get that deep and most TV shows are lighter than the movies anyway...I just respect that the target audiences are for younger children and I don't get disappointed.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Sep 17 2017 on  10:54 AM
There was a complete box set? I own a box set of the TV Series released probably around 2008/09, that had four discs each one with 4 episodes. So I'm currently missing 10 episodes of the TV series.

The series basically tried to pack hour long stories into 20 minute episodes. It felt like it would have a thread to tie in all the episodes together, but it was never shown. We've yet to know how Chomper and Ruby came to the Great Valley, and why did the elders let them stay.

It was one giant mess. It also didn't help that they've tried to appeal to a younger audience than the movies.

For me, the worst thing they did with the TV series was how they botched Ali's return. I waited for that moment for over 10 years, only to be extremely disappointed.
I think your confused, NewOrder.
I was referring to the Land Before Time Complete Collection box set that was released in 2016. It contains all 14 movies and none of the tv episodes. I did watch the TV series, but I found it hard to tolerate because the way they talk is appealing only to kids.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
What else, but to make money? There's no other logical explanation.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 12 2017 on  11:35 PM
I'm sure there is an explanation, Dr.Rex

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 13 2017 on  06:48 PM
Honestly, there isn't.

They thought XIII would rake in as much money as all the other sequels, but I think that was when interest in the LBT franchise was fading. Then, XIV followed the heels of Jurassic World, and I think it's safe to say they were hoping JW's success indicated a resurgence of popularity in the dinosaur trend.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 15 2017 on  01:08 AM
Honestly, there isn't.

They thought XIII would rake in as much money as all the other sequels, but I think that was when interest in the LBT franchise was fading. Then, XIV followed the heels of Jurassic World, and I think it's safe to say they were hoping JW's success indicated a resurgence of popularity in the dinosaur trend.
Unlike your thought, I do believe there is a reason for Universal making more Land Before Time movies and Tv Series. Maybe asking Universal Studios would give us the answer.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if they can't come up with anything better than LBT 14, then I'd rather not have another movie I reckon... :sducky
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don’t care how bad they are; if the Jurassic World theory is true we’re getting at least two more movies in the next few years after the released of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World III. And I want more Land Before Time content no matter what! :D

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 15 2017 on  11:55 AM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 15 2017 on  01:08 AM
Honestly, there isn't.

Unlike your thought, I do believe there is a reason for Universal making more Land Before Time movies and Tv Series. Maybe asking Universal Studios would give us the answer.
Yes, there's a reason, and it's making money.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I say it was by order of the Rainbow Faces.  :rainbowwave
And maybe  :TakeMoney :lol

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith