The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Childhood dreams

Saft · 5 · 978

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, couldn't think up a title so Saft apologises for that...

When you were a child what did you want to be when you were younger?  If it is possible have you lived up to your childhood dream or has it completely diverted?

Mine is pretty close to be honest.  Wanted to be an archaeologist..actually have the offer to change my degree to archaeology so I will see if there is more information before I change.:D

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My childhood dream was to be a voice actor, or more specifically, a voice actor in a Land Before Time film. To answer your question, although the answer is obvious, my dream has in fact been completely diverted, as the Land Before Time production has ceased to exist. I dreamt of this even into my teenage years, imagining what it would be like. I was naturally heartbroken to learn that the movies are over with. During that time, my secondary dream was to be a writer of some sort. Now that The Land Before Time is over, writing is now my primary focus.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I believe my childhood dream was to design video games, having basically grew up with them. To some degree I have fulfilled that dream, as I have created a few small games. I can say for sure that the experience and the feeling of creating your own game is indescribable.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've had so many childhood dreams that I can't say which one I was deciding to be. However one of the most common ones were: children doctor, art designer for video games and musician. I want to be a translator now. Ambitious, I guess? ;)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First I wanted to be a firefighter, then a veterinarian, then a psychologist, then a pediatrician, then an animator, then a medical examiner, and then then a nurse.  What do these all share in common?  They all have to do with helping others out, whether to bring happiness (animation, psychology), heal (vet, pediatrician, nurse), protect others (firefighter), or bring resolution to loved ones of a person's cause of death (medical examiner).  I've always been the type who likes to help others out.

Have I diverted?  Yes, I ultimately went into becoming a park ranger.  Is it much different?  No.  I still get to help and guide others, but I also get to help protect animals and resources.  A major perk?  Being in the great outdoors, something all the careers mentioned above could not bring me ;).