The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dark Souls

Jarkore

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey there guys! The search returned 0 results so I think a Dark Souls topic has not existed before.
So, anything Dark Souls comes here. Which was your favourite? Best boss? Worst boss? Reached NG+7?
I myself started with Dark Souls 1, currently in NG+, working on the achievements. The DLC bosses are all nightmares, you don't succeed unless learning the attacks and dodge/counter times.
I also own Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin edition. I still have to beat the last boss of both the main storyline and the last dlc, Crown of the ivory king, though I started not long ago a new character and I just entered Drangleic castle with him. Game is easy as hell, nothing like the first or the third installment. The base game's most frustrating boss is I'm pretty sure people will agree with me is Darklurker.
Dark Souls 3 is my favourite. Looks epic, plays epic, and smooth 60 fps  :lol  I still have the DLCs to beat, but I'm gathering strength for that, since Soul of Cinder was ohmygoshfacemelting.
Favourite Dark Souls fan music is Dan Bull's Epic rap of the third game, Aviator's Fading Light, and Miracle of Sound's epic music of the first Dark Souls.
I'm interested in your opinions and experiences! :)  :DD

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dark Souls is certainly a very fun and atmospheric game series. :) You gotta love the way the overall feeling of the games as well as the overall playstyle. I love the first installment but I found the second one to be a disappointment while the third one was something in between. As for the best boss, I'd probably say Artorias because he was an extremely challenging, fun but also a fair fight with a nice music and a sad backstory. Other good bosses were Ornstein & Smough (obviously) and Manus while in the third one I enjoyed the Dancer and Abyss Watchers. The Nameless King and second Gwyn were extremely annoying though. I've never been into replaying the same game many times though so I don't know about the ng+s. As for Miracle of Sound and DS, I love his "Fires Far" for the second game and it's actually my favorite song from him. It's so epic and sad but also powerful... :smile

I know this thread is about DS but out of Miyazaki's games, Bloodborne is my favorite though. It's mainly the same thing as DS but it has the best story and atmosphere in any game I've seen and the music in it... :wow  :wow

Jarkore

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign on Dec 23 2017, 02:51:59 PM
Dark Souls is certainly a very fun and atmospheric game series. :) You gotta love the way the overall feeling of the games as well as the overall playstyle. I love the first installment but I found the second one to be a disappointment while the third one was something in between. As for the best boss, I'd probably say Artorias because he was an extremely challenging, fun but also a fair fight with a nice music and a sad backstory. Other good bosses were Ornstein & Smough (obviously) and Manus while in the third one I enjoyed the Dancer and Abyss Watchers. The Nameless King and second Gwyn were extremely annoying though. I've never been into replaying the same game many times though so I don't know about the ng+s. As for Miracle of Sound and DS, I love his "Fires Far" for the second game and it's actually my favorite song from him. It's so epic and sad but also powerful... :smile

I know this thread is about DS but out of Miyazaki's games, Bloodborne is my favorite though. It's mainly the same thing as DS but it has the best story and atmosphere in any game I've seen and the music in it... :wow  :wow

I love Artorias too, when we first played the DLC with my friend we even had to bring in a third summon to bear him down. Then 2 years later, when I replayed solo, I had to learn his moveset, so I could beat him without a shield. I even dreamed about that bloody fight. Then came Manus, don't get me started... :S
The best music in the series I gotta give to Gwyn, AND the credits after that. When I first managed to beat Gwyn, and the credits music rolled, I was just sitting there, stunned and rejoicing.
In DS3 the Abyss watchers were really good, even so when I beat them with only parrying :D I hate the dancer though, can't seem to learn her moveset, so I just roll away and attack, when she is not, usually works xD
Both the nameless king and the soul of cinder were like 2-3 hours, 10-15 deaths (meaning embers, solo fighting). But the feelign when they finally fall is ecstatic :)
I haven't played Demon's souls or Bloodborne either, since I play on PC and I'm a keyboard&mouse gamer. But I have heard lots of goodies about those games too :)  And yes, Fires far is an epic song.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Of all the series' bosses, Artorias held me back for longest (for a week that is) but I didn't find Manus as difficult. As for the shield, I always prefer to play without it even if some bosses got really difficult (like the Oscar statues in the second game :lol ). For some reason, though, I found the Dancer's moves easier to learn than Nameless King's but I guess it depends on one's playing style. I just hated the fact that you had to kill the dragon again with every new try with the latter. :rolleyes If I remember correct, I spent some nice 6-8 hours with both him and Soul of Cinder. Yeah, the feeling of beating them felt quite good once I got over the building heart attack when they have 5% health left and I'm out of Estuses.   :smile  About the music, Gwyn's battle theme and the Nameless Song (the credits music) are both really nice and O & S and Sif have really great tracks as well and I love the DS3 menu music too. Demon's Souls was quite funny but I prefer Dark Souls to it. Bloodborne on the other hand is just a pure masterpiece, even better than the first DS I'd say. ;)

And there's no need to quote the whole post, just leave your own part out of the quote marks. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:03:12 AM by Sovereign »

Jarkore

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I hope Bloodborne will be available to play on PC one day. I'm also looking forward to play Nioh one day. The friend I have played through all the souls games so far with has promised it as a gift for me.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm also looking forward to play Nioh one day. The friend I have played through all the souls games so far with has promised it as a gift for me.

I, too, bought Nioh recently and it looks like a really fun game. The graphics look great and the combat is smooth and quite fun. Its difficulty level is quite high, however, but what can you expect from a (well done but still) Dark Souls wannabe? :p