The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nintendo Switch

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah yeah it's sad that they went Downhill after the Super Nintendo era. Oh I know the Super Nintendo games where pretty challenging to beat one reason why I loved them a lot. Hopefully someday they get back to there roots and make games more challenging.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  03:03 AM
Ah yeah it's sad that they went Downhill after the Super Nintendo era. Oh I know the Super Nintendo games where pretty challenging to beat one reason why I loved them a lot. Hopefully someday they get back to there roots and make games more challenging.
I hope that too. The only problem is the Wii Generation. Because of Nintendo Wii casual gamers flooded the market, and so Nintendo made games increasingly easy to master and beat. Hopefully the failture of Wii U has taught them to move on and get back to making games for hardcore gamers who like challenges and difficulty.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Exactly they need to realize there general audience are adults not kids so we need more challenging games to play. No watered down easy games that get finished quickly.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
One of problems for Nintendo and all companies now is they rush out titles for release. I remember having to wait two years or more for a sequel. Fans of Assassin's Creed, Halo, and Mario had to wait years for sequels and they were always good, but once they started rushing out a sequel for every year, the quality, difficulty, style, and fun factor went downhill.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with everything that you said right there. It's awful they're rushing every sequel and game now. Fans don't mind waiting for a sequel if it's going to be good. Hopefully they one day stop rushing game titles out and take there time making them.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  06:11 PM
I agree with everything that you said right there. It's awful they're rushing every sequel and game now. Fans don't mind waiting for a sequel if it's going to be good. Hopefully they one day stop rushing game titles out and take there time making them.
I hope they will too. The problem is that at launch, Nintendo usually has a lackluster selection of games. So their is pressure to get something out for those gamers who complain about there being too few choices, but then as aforementioned that doesn't make for a good game. You can have fast or fantastic, rarely both.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nintendo gets sued by GameVice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_WK7igfuEA

In my mind, GameVice is butthurt over not making great sales and want to get compensation in any way possible.  I'm not a legal expert, but even I know this is ridiculous.

Your thoughts?

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
(facepalms at GameVice's stupidity)

Sigh...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not surprised. Companies have been trying to sue Nintendo for years. I remember hearing quite a few lawsuits against Nintendo for the Wii and 3DS. It seems whenever Nintendo is doing well with a console/handheld the patent trolls come out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, there's a Nintendo Direct.  Please watch until the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsFna-Z1MjU

Well, I hope my wallet's ready for all this.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll likely be getting a Switch for Mario Odyssey.  and its DLC. Hoping for a Ilse Delfino world and Haunted world.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:38:51 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was honestly most excited by more Octopath Travellers information out of the whole direct, though I did get spoiled on the Smash announcement before hand. I'm really not too excited for another Smash, especially if it is a port. If they did some physics and other changes to make it closer to Melee that would make me happy. Things like the game playing faster, attacks having more hit stun so combos exist (watching Diddy back throw to uair repeatedly isn't fun), DI having a more significant effect for escaping combos and to help with survivability. L-cancelling (see smooth landing) is probably the biggest inclusion that would make me happy as this is one of the most important techniques when playing Ganondorf (who I main). Wavedashing I'm fine without having as it was unintentional from the start, but I would like the one air dodge in the air to come back. (All the typical Melee elitist points I know)

Not that I didn't have fun with Smash 4, it was a good improvement over Brawl. Unfortunately I've been spoiled with Project M, which is where I've had the most enjoyment with a Smash game.

So far I know a few people on the GoF have a switch so maybe it's time we start to dust off the 'Gamer's Unite' topic? At least when Smash comes out.

I'll likely be getting a Switch for Mario Odyssey. and its DLC. Hoping for a Ilse Delfino world and Haunted world.
A Haunted or ghost house style world in Mario Odyssey would be pretty cool. I'd buy that DLC.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
The worst game for the Nintendo Switch is WWE 2K18. Search "wwe 2k18 nintendo switch gameplay" and you'll see what I mean, the game is practically unplayable and the graphics suck compared to PS4/Xbox One/PC. It's not the console's fault, it's the people who made the port. Not a good game at all, on the Switch at least.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:23:27 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey I happened to watch the Digital Foundry video on that game and yes does it ever look bad. Reminds me of the Wii with all the shovelware that came out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, very recently Nintendo released the new 5.0.0 update for the Switch.  At first, it seems like nothing big was done.  The hacking community say otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzsbDGDwg1U

So yeah, best to get one now if you wish to hack it someday.  Otherwise, you may not be able to in the future.

I know I'm buying one tomorrow for hacking purposes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, over the last few days, I got a Nintendo Switch Version 3.0.0, bought JoyCons for it (Red & Blue Combo) and hacked a working NES and SNES Emulator onto it.  This opens my gaming library substantially.  Being able to play this on a handheld is great.  However there have proven to be downsides.

First off, you can only get it working with a special Homebrew that requires an Internet Connection.  On top of that, you have to modify the DNS Settings for said connection.  Plus you have to go through certain necessary steps if you wish to play it again after you turn it off.  It's kind of a hassle, really.

Oh, and let's not forget that you can get the White Screen of Death with these. (Though that can be fixed by holding down the power button for a bit.)

Is it worth it?  Heck yeah!

It's been an interesting experience.  I will buy the games officially when they come out on the Switch Virtual Console. (Which Nintendo promises will happen "eventually".) Until then, this will do VERY nicely.

I'll be testing it for on the go soon enough.