The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Change in Staff

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone! :)

Seeing that moderators of the Role Play forum seem to go on an away-spree as soon as we promote them, we've decided to change some of the current moderators to a new one.

Today we've decided to take the moderator status from Gustav (Lillefot) and Brian (AvesTheForumFox). Here's how we did it:

(Just kidding of course  :lol )

And with that being said, we'd also like to announce our newest staff member:

Kor, welcome to the team! :)

If there are any questions regarding this change in staff, feel free to post in this topic.

~ Your staff <3
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:00:47 AM by Mumbling »

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
If he was already Kor the White, what does he become now?  :angel
I had almost thought that Kor was already a staff member because of how long he's been a member here, but congratulations!  :celebrate

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks, not been a staff member before, just been a member on here for quite a while, compared to some.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Congratulations, Kor! :DD Somehow I'm not surprised that you were picked to moderate the RP section, given how active you are there.

Just out of curiosity, what qualifies one to become a moderator, and what exactly does the position entail? (Yeah, three-and-a-half years on this site, and I still don't know what a moderator does. :oops)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kor and Great Valley Guardian are currently the only moderators. The way we handle things on this board is pretty simple. We got 5 admins, who take general care of the board, how it looks like and control topics. If we feel one certain part of the board is not under enough supervision, we ask for moderators. This is the case for the RP section (since of the 5 admins, only Nick is an active RP-er).

When we look for a moderator we first check who is active in that area (obviously :p). When we found several who are constantly active in that area we will look at whether they are suitable for a moderator... That may be a hard job since many traits are common among gof members. For example, they need to be trustworthy, able to make decisions for the good of the board and be sociable.

The role of a moderator is simple... He makes sure there is no inappropriate content in posts and makes sure that topics are put in the right section. If something is wrong, he reports it to us and we will take care of it. Pretty much a couple of eyes where we can't be on the lookout ;)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Congratulations Kor! You've deserved to be moderator for a long time! Not many people know this, but I offered Kor administrative priveledges on the Land Before Time Wiki, and he declined because he hadn't felt he'd done enough to help the site. He has a strong work ethic and a proven track record if reliability! :celebrate

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's the ticket, Kor, start at the bottom of the ladder, and slowly sleeze your self to the top through backstabbing and deciet!

I'm kidding of course, Kor. If you didn't already tell.

Also, I'm mainly playing off of that picture Mumbling put in the OP. So funny!

EDIT: Also, I've love to be a mod sometime. I mean, I have no qalities really, but I have a lovely little pet sharptooth here that's always hungry, and he loves human flesh. Well, anything that moves really.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Glad someone noticed the picture ^^ Took us a while to set it up, haha :P: Bonus points if you know who is who :D

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Of course. That's Jason and Malte preparing to execute poor Gustav.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for your congrats everyone.  

Very funny picture, though I had commented on that, but guess I meant to then forgot to.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Jan 12 2013 on  08:21 PM
^Of course. That's Jason and Malte preparing to execute poor Gustav.
Nicely spotted jansenov! I would go further and ask you which way round those names go but apparently I'm easy enough to spot coz I'm the dude with the "crazy eyes"  :lol I'd also like to point out that the balaclava is actually a tea towel quickly utilised as a last minute idea. A cool touch if not for the fact that it wasn't still sopping wet from doing the dishes earlier that morning! :DD

Anyway, congrats Kor! Welcome to the team! Glad to have you in the office with us! ;) Just make sure personal desk items are tasteful :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks.  Looks like the picture was fun to pose for and set up.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I want to stress that no Gustavs (not even a single one) were hurt in the process of this picture making and that my looks there are far from the kind of face I'd usually sport if acting didn't require me to look well... executive ;)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well congratulations Kor! I think you really deserve this! :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater