The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gang of Five Downtime

Mumbling · 59 · 12080

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad it's up again.  I wonder if the problem was related to the earlier server problem or if it's a different one.

Troodon

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I am so glad that this place is now back up and running again! :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am glad to see that the site is up again.  I hope that whatever the issue was has been resolved.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Interestingly, both instances apparently lasted for about 24 hours. Hopefully, this won't happen yet again next week, but at least I can be sure to just wait one day and everything should be fine. (hopefully)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kinda strange that we have these problems now that the GOF had its 10th anniversary...

Glad its working again, anyway.
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
After yet another downtime (the third within a short time) we figured out that the problem seems to be related to the GOF domain name "thegangoffive.net.
We don't know the exact nature of the problem, but the problem does not exist anymore when rather than using the the domain name we change the setting to the default of http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/index.php?. So for the time being we should use that url rather than the original domain name. We are going to continue seeing if we can get the domain name back to work properly.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 26 2013 on  07:02 AM
After yet another downtime (the third within a short time) we figured out that the problem seems to be related to the GOF domain name "thegangoffive.net.
We don't know the exact nature of the problem, but the problem does not exist anymore when rather than using the the domain name we change the setting to the default of http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/index.php?. So for the time being we should use that url rather than the original domain name. We are going to continue seeing if we can get the domain name back to work properly.
Thank you for the update.  It is nice to know that at least we have a better idea of where the problem lies.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've always been using that old default address anyway. It always automatically switches to the new name whenever I type in the old name, so I don't see any problem with this. In fact, I'd even say things have just improved.

Remember this problem I mentioned a few months ago? Well, after a little browsing around, that problem seems to have completely disappeared today. :D  It's been years since I've been able to enjoy this feature. I vote we stick to the old name.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I noticed that too, Chronicler. It may have to do with some files that Malte removed in hope of the GoF working smoothly again. Either way I'm glad it all seems to work again.... Even uploading avatars may work again, anyone want to try?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If I had a good drawing atm, I would but I didn't draw anything recently... I'll tell you whether or not it works when I finally start to work on drawings again and upload one as my avatar

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Avatar uploading DOES work. :) I've managed it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoo! I'm almost glad that these downtimes occured now :lol: Many problems seem to be fixed at once now :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoo! I'm almost glad that these downtimes occured now :lol: Many problems seem to be fixed at once now :yes

EDIT: Double post :bang

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is indeed true! Now I can finally know what topics I checked by looking at the changing icons again, that's awesome :DD .

I hope there will be no more downtimes though, those can be annoying but I am glad the cause seems to have been found. Great work, people! :exactly .

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Checked to see if it was an expiration problem and the domain doesn't expire until December 28, 2013.  Not sure why the domain wasn't working properly.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That date is getting closer though, Petrie. Do you think we can get in contact with our domain provider to ask what's going on?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess Petrie may need to, if he's listed as the owner.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
But I'm not the owner....Austin is. ;)  He did this for the forum years ago so its really up to him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess someone may have to ask or remind him.